Meeting

Protecting Angel

33.

Meeting.
 
The minute Hye Min woke up, she found herself resting on the table, with a blanket over her. She lazily rubbed her eyes and squinted, as she lifted the blanket and smiled. She knew who it was. "Appa."
 
She stretched and got up, then went to change, and also to prepare to meet Jungin. The next day will be the day where Hye Min would report for duty, and face the devil of hers, plus collecting evidence, before she resigns.
 
"Jungin!" Hye Min waved and smiled at her, who ran over excitedly and hugged her tightly. "Hye Min! I miss you so much!" she squealed as she giggled. 
 
"So what do you want to talk about?" she asked, hooking arms with Hye Min as they walk along the streets, looking at clothes through those thick window glasses.
 
Jungin suddenly stopped in her tracks and her eyes rounded in surprise. "Omo! Hye Min look at this! WB handbag! The latest one!" she squealed in excitement as she ran into the shop and held onto the display product tightly to her chest, giggling.
Hye Min laughed nervously and shook her head in amuesment. "When did you become a shopaholic?" she asked, laughing.
 
Jungin grinned sheepishly and slowly placed the display bag back to the shelf. "Well, after I was transferred to protect f(x), I could always here their giggles in the dormitory, because of these bags. So, I actually wanted to buy a bag for them, and also for me.." she whispered, but loud enough for Hye Min to hear.
 
Hye Min dragged her out of the house, and held her hand tightly. "Unnie, actually I asked you out today was to ask you some questions, and it may be personal," she said and Jungin tilted her head. "What about?" she asked.
 
Hye Min bit her lip. "I just want to ask you, how did Mr Lee hired you?"
 
Soohyun burst into laughter as she whacked Hye Min's arm. "That's it? I thought it was something really personal!" she laughed and clutched onto her stomach.
 
 
Only after five minutes when Hye Min offered to treat her to ice cream then she started calming herself down.
 
She plopped a seat beside Hye Min and wolfed down the ice cream hungrily while she tapped her chin. "I remember Mr Lee putting up an ad on the street and since the salary was quite good, I went for the audition," she said, with full, and lucky Hye Min was able to catch some words.
 
"When I went, there were also other people there. There were five rounds, and we had to duel against each other to be in the last round and I when I fought in the forth round, I lost." She pouted, but then it turned into a bright smile. "Even though I didn't even manage to get into the last round, I was still hired!" Soohyun laughed, grinning proudly at herself, while Hye Min found it suspicious.
 
"Then what about the other people? What about the person that last for the last round?" Hye Min tapped her chin and asked. Jungin shrugged her shoulders, as she continued. "No idea, but I guess they should also be in. I'm just so glad that I got in! Even though I didn't actually beat my opponent."
 
*4th round and already out, but still hired. Dongkook is really suspicious, like he didn't want EXO-K to get the best protection..* Hye Min noted that in her mind, as she continued to ask questions about Soohyun on how she got in. "Are the opponents stronger than you?" she asked.
 
Jungin nodded as she swallowed the ice cream.
 
She stopped and squinted her eyes at Hye Min. "Yah, Hye Min, didn't we come out to hang out? Why are you just talking about only work?" she pouted.
 
She smiled and shook her head." Sorry, just want to know more about you. She giggled. "I'm just kidding, don't need to feel bad."
 
-
 
On the other hand, Suho went into the Dongkook's office, to find Dongkook missing. "Hmm, he's not here," Suho murmured as he tilted his head. He walked around the office, exploring the things Dongkook has. Even though he had been in Dongkook's office numerous times, it's the first time he could take some time to admire the things Dongkook displayed on his desk.
 
He walked around the office, looking at the view from the building. The scenery was too nice, it was too nice that it somehow looks too fake, Suho thought, but shook that thought out of his mind.
 
He walked over to the side of the desk, looking at the snow globe Dongkook has on its desk, then going around, looking at the safe that was under the desk. *A safe, must be really valuable.* Suho wondered as he closed the compartment where the safe was found, then suddenly, something caught his eye. The same shiny object that he found.
 
His eyebrows furrowed together, as he walked closer to the coat that was hung on the dress stand, and there were 5 buttons, that all look so similar like Suho had seen one before.
 
The button that he picked up on the hill.
 
He quickly searched it in his pocket, and before he could find it, Dongkook came in panting, his body leaned forward with his hands on his knees.
 
When he saw Suho, he immediately gave him a bright smile and stood up, having a straight position as he walked over to his desk and sat down, then gesturing for Suho to sit. "So Suho, have you been waiting long?"
 
He smiled back, a smile that shows he really respected Dongkook alot. "Not really, just a few minutes, then I was admiring the things you have."
 
"Alright then, why did you come here?" Dongkook went straight to the point.
 
"I was wondering when would Hye Min report back for duty?" he asked, biting his lip nervously. "Tomorrow. Tomorrow she'll come back." Dongkook replied, forcing out a smile. *And it's going to be the end of her working for you.* He smiled once more and got up from his seat. "Well if there's nothing else, mind if I leave? I have something very important to do," he said and Suho nodded his head going out before Dongkook.
 
Suho was kept in his thoughts, mind full of Hye Min. He walked back to the dormitory, not noticing anything fishy, and also forgetting about what he had found out.
 
 
Dongkook tapped his chin while he spun the chair, while the man in front of him smiled. "So, why are you here? Have some exclusive scoop for us?" the chief editor joked, thinking that Dongkook was here just to catch up.
 
They both were in the office. But not Dongkook's office. He was in the office of his best friend, who is also the chief editor of Tabloid Magazine. 
 
"Yes, I have some exclusive scoop, and only for you," Dongkook smirked. The chief editor looked up, tilted his head as he smiled. "What kind of scoop? We're already in the middle of receiving the latest scoop, and it's about your company. And well, it's negative." He shrugged.
 
"Negative, or postive?" the chief editor asked.
 
"Negative," Dongkook replied bluntly. The chief editor straightened his position and his smiled disappeared. "You do know that if you leak out the negative news of your company to us, the stocks of the company will plunge, don't you?" Dongkook rolled his eyes as he smirked once more. "Of course I know that, I just want that to happen, now, I'm only going to tell you this exclusive scoop, only you, and I want it to be tomorrow's headlines, you got me?" Dongkook leaned forward and told the chief editor.
 
-
 
"So Hye Min, when are you going to report back for duty?" Jungin asked as she ate her lunch together with Hye Min. "Tomorrow," Hye Min stared at her food as she chewed on her chopsticks, losing her appetite after thinking she has to face the evil devilish Dongkook.
 
She noticed Hye Min lost in her own world, as she asked, "Hye Min ah, you alright? Why is it that whenever I mention about your job, you would always feel sad, is there anything wrong with your job?" she bit her lip as she continued. "You can tell me anything you wish to, I wont tell anyone," she said, placing the spoon down and swore, her three fingers sticking out.
 
Hye Min pursed her lips and hesiated. Then she took in a deep breath, and let out. "I.. I find Mr Lee suspicious."
 
Jungin's ears perked up, as she leaned closer. "Suspicious? Why?"
 
"It's like, everything bad is always linked to him, and I just recently found out, he's my uncle, but neither my father, nor him told me that. My father also told me to quit, he said Dongkook wasn't the Dongkook he used to be, he changed, when he was young. And I now suspect whether he really cares for EXO-K's safety after you said about being hired even though you didn't get to be in the last round. It's too much of a coincidence, I just don't know." Hye Min buried her face into her hands as she closed her eyes. Just the thought of Dongkook would want her to puke, not thinking of seeing Dongkook to report for duty.
 
Jungin frowned and scratched her cheek. "If he is really wants to hurt EXO, then hiring me.. was like a libiality to them! Dongkook used me! He was using me as a trump card! How could he that bastard! I slaved for EXO-K and him, and yet he was actually using me!" Jungin shouted and slammed the table, kicking the leg of the table harshly as the table shook. Hye Min couldn't help but smile a little at Jungin. "Don't curse, or swear, unnie."
 
Jungin bit her lip in embarrassment and nodded her head.
 
"What if, it's really a coincidence?"
 
"I don't know Unnie, I don't know. It's too confusing, that's why I want to meet you, I just want to pour out everything to you."
 
Jungin nodded her head, then hung her head guiltily, biting her lip. Hye Min raised an eyebrow at her, and nudged her. "What's wrong?"
 
"Sorry Hye Min. I was actually used by Dongkook to tackle you," she apologized, pressing her lips into a firm line, while Hye Min cracked a smile. "It's alright. Actually, I should apologize to you. I actually doubt you. I thought you really worked for Dongkook. But when I got the answers from you, I know that you really are unaware of Dongkook. Sorry, Jungin," she said, holding onto her hand. Jungin waved it away and shook her head. "Nah. It's alright."
 
There was a long pause, until Jungin spoke up again. "Why did you tell me all these? Why don't you tell, Suho?" Jungin asked, making Hye Min look up to her. "It seems like you are really close to him than any other EXO-K's members, why not tell him, and tell me?"
 
"If I tell him, it will be more dangerous for them to know, I can't let them be in danger, it's too risky."
 
"You like him, do you?" she asked once again.
 
Hye Min looked up as she shook her head. "Don't lie. I know you like him, if not why would you think of him than EXO-K, and why did you rely on him more than the other EXO-K members? Whenever I see you with him, you're always in smiles, just like he does. And when you were transferred away, you didntknow how worried and restless he looked like. He just couldn't concentrate on anything, and he was the one who kept thinking of transferring you back, and even though I was transferred away, I know that you and him have always stick together, am I right?"
 
"No, you're wrong, you're entirely wrong. He's the most matured one in EXO-K, and it is my duty to protect him, to protect them, you've got it all wrong," Hye Min lied through her teeth as she looked away from Jungin's eyes.
 
"Hye Min, it's you who had got it all wrong, think about it alright?" she persuaded.
 
Hye Min poked her food as she stared at the food, refusing to have eye contact with Jungin, afraid of blurting everything out under those pair of eyes.
 
Jungin was still staring at Hye Min, hoping she could give a reply, but Hye Min just continued looking everywhere but not at that pair of eyes, when suddenly Jungin's handphone rang.
 
"Yobusaeyo?"
 
"Oh Min-ah, Annyeong. What? Your taking leave? .. Then who's going to take care of f(x)? .. Me? I took leave too! .. Important? .. In such a rush how can I be there.. Alright alright fine, you owe me big time young lady." Jungin hung up as she frowned at the phone. "Stupid Min-ah.." Jungin grumbled as she looked at Hye Min. "Sorry got to go, my buddy got some urgent matters to do, I have to go for duty."
 
"It's alright, I'll meet you up some other time," Hye Min waved.
 
And before Jungin fully disappeared from her sight, Hye Min shouted out. "Jungin Unnie!"
 
Jungin turned back.
 
"Stay safe! And nice phone you got there!" Hye Min shouted as she smiled. Jungin looked at the phone she was holding onto then up at Hye Min, then cracking into a smile as she nodded, then running out of the food court.
 
Hye Min then watched as Jungin go, not wondering when will she ever have the chance again to meet her. "Stay safe.."
 
-----