Letter

Protecting Angel

 

32.
Letter.
 
Hye Min thought about what the letter said, and she closed her eyes. She could feel a lump formed in , and tears flowed down her cheeks as she sat on the sofa, sniffling and hugging her knees closely to her chest.
 
She didn't want to open up the letter. She never thought reading one letter, in just one minute could cause her to know everything about her mother, her father, her past, and Dongkook.
 
To my dear family, my husband and my daughter, Hye Min. I wrote this on your 1st birthday Hye Min, the night when you e, and by the time you have read this, I may have already left this world.
 
Well, I hope I would never leave you, and I hope you will never have to read this letter, having it to bury with me.
At that time, your father and I were facing difficulties, difficulties that at your age that time you wouldn't be able to understand, so I had to solve the difficulties, and I want to suffer it by myself, because, I was the one who started the whole entire problem. I was the one who brought the wolf back in.
 
But before that, I would want to celebrate your first grand birthday with you, Hye Min. 
Although it wasn't grand, but I hope it would be a great and wonderful one for you, for it may be your last birthday that you will be able to celebrate as one complete family.
 
Lee Dongkook, the person I met, and the first person who made me got into trouble..
 
 
We actually had known each other before I met your father.
From the beginning, I had no idea who Dongkook was. He had no background, nothing, and he said he was an orphan, which was a lie, and yet I believed him.Which then, started the nightmare. 
 
Hye Min visualized her mother writing it in the middle of the night, weeping and sniffling to know that she would no longer be able to take care of her, no longer be able to see Hye Min growing up. A regret. Hye Min's mother could just live together with her father with Hye Min as one complete family and just stay away from Dongkook, but she didn't. She chose a path that costs her life, that costs her happiness, and everything else.
 
Before I worked at a company as a bodyguard and met your father, I was actually a inmate, locked up in prison for smuggling drugs. When I first met Dongkook when I came out, I thought he was a great guy, but I was wrong.
He referred me to be a bodyguard at a company, and I agreed, I didn't want to live in that devilish place anymore and I finally lived a normal life.
At that time, I actually was foolish enough to date Dongkook, and at that time I trusted him so much, that I told him everything, every single thing.
 
And it was also at that time, when I met your father.
Once I met your father, Dongkook broke up with me. I found it weird, but then I understood everything. He wanted a clean break with me because of your father.
 
The brother I dated before. I poured out all of the things to Dongkook, and I thought he could keep it a secret. But the secrets I had were very dark, I'm sorry for being so selfish Hye Min but I can't tell. Me being an inmate, having a criminal record is already a dark secret, and to keep it from your father, I kept giving Dongkook money because he kept blackmailing me, threatening me that he would spill the beans about me to your father. 
 
At that time I was already having you, I couldn't let your father know, I thought he would mind, but actually he didn't. He really didn't. Instead of not helping me, he even continued to give money to Dongkook, even though when he was beginning to become richer, he still tried extorting money from us.
 
At last we couldn't take it. I couldn't. I was the one who led Dongkook in and have a change to threaten all three of us. I was the one who caused him to abduct you when you were six months old. I was the one who caused all these problems and made your father worry for us. I couldn't take it. I feel guilty.
 
I need to end this once and for all.
 
 
If I told him he wouldn't let me, instead he would go, he still had to take care of you, I know he would be a better parent than me, an inmate. After all a person like me didn't deserve to have such a happy family.
 
The night when it was your birthday when you e, when both your father and you were sound asleep, I texted Dongkook to the hill where yeobo and I would always go hiking when we practice and share our skills and I brought a dagger and a gun, then I left. Yeobo, I'm sorry, you must be worried about me that time, but I'm sorry, I really need to keep this a secret.
 
I know that when I set off to kill Dongkook, I was already prepared to die with him, I just hope that he would stop bugging you and your father. I hope I could just prevent Dongkook from harming you. And if I can't, I just want to tell you, stay away from him. He's dangerous.
 
My dear Hye Min,Yeobo, stay away from him, my only wish is to stay away from him and to also ..
 
Hye Min stopped reading as she three the paper away which landed under the table.
 
And she opened her eyes, staring at the ceiling.
 
"Lee Dongkook, you broke my family up. You took my mother away from me, how could you.." Hye Min muttered under her breath as she bit her lip and swallowed, blinking back her tears.
 
She sniffled and stood up, wiping her tears as she walked to her computer to dig up information about Dongkook.
 
*Dongkook.. Dongkook.. I won't let you off, I definitely won't..* Hye Min began typing out his name as she scrolled down the page and clicked on a website.
 
"Head Manager of SM Entertainment.." Hye Min murmured as she scrolled down.
 
All sorts of articles and information popped out.
 
His birthdate, when he entered SM Entertainment, how he climbed the ropes and became where he is now, the awards he had gotten, the compliments he had gotten from the public which made Hye Min snicker, his picture there with him smiling which made her scowl, the financial crisis which affected SM Entertainment, that hardly concerned him and many more, but all these information were useless to Hye Min, she needs the background information of him when he was young, and not now.
 
There was something amiss. The web had everything about Dongkook only now, but not his past. Even his family members were not stated and where he was born.
 
"I always need to count on myself. In this industry, you can only count on yourself to climb up the ladders, and show your potential. Well at least I had some luck to show my worth," he laughed. He was asked if there was any family members who supported him, but he could only shook his head sadly and forced out a smile. "They all passed away," he said. "Then I couldn't find any relatives. I guess that's how independent I became." The article reported, and Hye Min scowled once more. "How dare you curse my father.." she murmured.
 
Hye Min leaned back as she closed her eyes and massaged her temples.
She was at a dead end and she didn't know what to do.
 
Her hands just went to her phone that was in her pocket, and she instinctively called Jungin.
 
"Jungin unnie, are you free today?"
 
"Oh! Annyeong Hye Min! I'm now on duty to protect f(x). Kya! They are soooo nice towards me! I'm so glad I'm protecting them," Hye Min could hear Jungin's voice again, that was shouting in her ear, but she didn't mind, she missed Jungin too.
 
"Are you free?" Hye Min asked.
 
"I'm not free today, I'm expensive!" she joked and laughed at her own cold joke, which made Hye Min smile too. She laughed and looked at f(x) "Just kidding! Well I'm on duty today, ah yes, do you know that f(x) actually has two bodyguards now?! Me and another friend of mine! Minah! Kya! I'm so excited!" giggles could be heard from the other side of the line.
 
"Good to know that you're alright now, so when will you be free?" Hye Min asked as she spin a pen which was on a table.
 
"Tomorrow! Tomorrow I'm free because Minah is taking over! Kya! I can't wait to see you again! I miss you! Ah yes, aren't you suppose to be on duty to protect EXO-K? Ahh, slacking right?" she giggled once more.
 
"I miss you too Unnie, I've taken the week off to take care of my father, I'll be resuming duty the day after tomorrow. So, tomorrow alright?"
 
She nodded her head enthusiastically and jumped excitedly. "Hmm! Alright!"
Then, she whispered into the phone. "I got to go now, f(x) just finished recording, see you tomorrow bye!"
 
Hye Min hung up and sighed deeply and she suddenly thought of something.
Although it was risky, but it was still worth the try.
 
She tapped the pen on the table as she began thinking, analyzing the places and people that are linked to him. "Since he have secrets, he should hide them in a place, the place where it is highly secured, and the place where he always is.. The place .. the place where all the evidence are there," Hye Min pursed her lips and thought.
 
She leaned back and knew where she was going next after meeting Jungin. She already knew where the place is.
 
-----