Feel

Protecting Angel

 

29.
Transference.
 
"You're in love," Kai replied.
 
"Wait what? In love?" Suho doubted.
 
"Based on my experience, you are in love, and deeply in love."
 
*Am I?* Suho doubted himself. He didn't know what's love, and have never experienced it before, the word love, has already confused him. The thing is, what kind of love has grew inside him for Hye Min?
 
Well, he did experience love from his parents, but to be honest he never dated, what does that feeling feel? Kai glanced at Suho who was in a daze, then he folded his arms and scooted closer to him. "If you want, you can ask Kris or Xiumin."
 
Before Suho could answer, Sehun exclaimed, "we're here! We're here! Let's go!"
 
Suho together with the rest of EXO-K, went out to the airport to pick EXO-M, and Suho was thinking of asking Kris or Xiumin for help.
 
-
 
"Sehun! Behave!" D.O. chided. Although they're in disguise now, they would be easily found out if Sehun continues to be this high. He was jumping from side to side, swaying his head left and right as he waved his hands in the air and stuck his tongue out, grinning foolishly at himself. "Be careful not to bite your tongue from smiling too much," Baekhyun joked as he whacked the maknae's head.
 
They waited for a few minutes, and Sehun has started to become restless. 
He grew tired, and fidgeted as he waited. He shifted his weight from leg to leg, then went to a pillar and stand. Then, he just couldn't stand it and sat on the floor, tapping the floor with his fingers as he waited, impatiently.
 
And soon, EXO-M came out. Sehun immediately got up to his feet as he waved at them, actually waving at Luhan.
 
"Lu-" Baekhyun immediately covered Sehun's mouth before he caught the attention of the people in the airport.
 
"Sehun.. Behave," Baekhyun said with gritted teeth.
 
Sehun made an 'OK' sign and Baekhyun slowly let go of his hand.
 
Xiumin was the first one to spot them, as he waved and dashed towards them, engulfing all of them in a group hug.
 
Suho slowly approached them, then scooted next to Kris, as he whispered. "Kris, I have something to talk to you about," Suho said seriously.
 
 
 
"So, what do you want to talk about?" Kris asked as they sat on a table away from EXO while they eat their lunch.
 
"I.. I .. I think.. I feel so uncomfortable and empty with Hye Min, and not so secure," Suho said, fidgeting and clenching his fists into a ball.
 
"Uncomfortable? Empty? Without Hye Min? The.. Bodyguard right?" Kris asked as he remembered Hye Min.
 
Suho nodded.
 
"Do you think," Suho leaned closer. "I'm in love?"
 
Kris hesitated for a while as he tapped his chin. "I don't think so, I think it'll be more like transference."
 
"Transference?"
 
Kris nodded. "Transference is like relying on a person, and the person keeps you secure and also protected, then you'll develop a feeling, which makes you think that you have fallen in love, but it's just transference. It's just like a doctor and patient relationship, or a student and teacher relationship. I think you transferred your feelings from your parents to Hye Min? When Hye Min is gone for awhile, I'm sure you'll be over her," Kris assured him and patted his shoulder.
 
"Transference.." Suho analyzed the words of what Kris said and nodded his head.
 
--
 
Hye Min looked at Dongkook's picture, staring at it emotionlessly, not realizing that her father has already woken up, and walking towards her.
 
He walked over unsteadily as he peered over to see what was Hye Min looking at blankly, and found out that it was the picture of Dongkook, Lee Dongkook. His brother. Ungrateful brother.
 
"Hye Min.." her father coughed as he slowly sat down beside her.
 
She slowly turned to face him and lifted up the picture for him to see. "What's this?" she asked, taking in a deep breath shakily.
 
He looked away and coughed, before he spoke up, "your.. your uncle."
 
"I know, but why didn't you tell me until now? And I didn't even knew I had an uncle," Hye Min shot up from her seat abruptly, frowning.
 
"I didn't want to tell you, because of reasons, I hope you understand Hye Min," her father explained with sad eyes.
 
Hye Min took in a deep breath and calmed herself down before sitting down. "Can you tell me now?" she asked, surprised that her voice was steady.
 
He sighed and took in a deep breath.
 
"Lee Dongkook is indeed my brother. He killed my parents, your grandparents," he explained, closing his eyes.
"Killed, my grandparents?" Hye Min frowned.
 
He nodded his head, and scoffed in disgust as he remembered that look. Arrogant look. "Don't look at him because of him always smiling and laughing. People may think that he's the nicest and funniest person, but actually he has not as simple as you think." He clenched his fists tightly.
 
"That time my parents and Dongkook was not on good terms, so he moved out and on that day, I was alone with my father. Then, Dongkook broke the door and came in. When my father saw, he immediately shoved me a few dollars and instructed me to buy some food while Dongkook is here, so I did. But before I even went into the lift, I already heard noises. Vases and glasses broken. I peeked through the door, and I saw my father arguing with Dongkook. They were arguing at the living room which was a blind spot from the door. Suddenly, it went silent. I then immediately ran out of the building and hid behind a bush. That time I was only ten, and Dongkook was only ninteen."
 
"I saw him running out of the building, panicking and looking at his hands, then quickly shoved his hands into his pocket and ran off. Before he ran off, he was still looking around suspiciously. That look, I would never forget." her's father said, remembering that horrifying moment of his life.
 
"When I went up, I saw father lying in bed, motionless. and the cause of it was because of my biological brother, my own brother," he finished, shaking so hardly that Hye Min could see he was really scared at that time.
 
So that's how her grandfather died, in the hands of Lee Dongkook, and she's working for him.
 
"How.. how did you know it was him?"
 
"Who else could it be?" he snapped, but weakly. Then he knew his tone was harsh, and he slowly placed a hand over Hye Min's hand. "Sorry."
 
"At that time, the time period was so short, how can there be a third party would entered the crime scene?" her father debated. "I knew it was my brother, but at that time I didn't have evidence, and the police was convinced that he was took a large amount of medication pills which led to overdose, so they couldn't charge him, even up till now."
 
"No wonder you wouldn't want me to work under S.M. Entertainment, you knew he would be there," Hye Min realized what danger she was in, and also EXO-K.
 
"Yes, he somehow managed to climb the ladders and became the manager, and at that time, he was still a clerk when I was working as a bodyguard for other bands, then transferred to EXO-K."
 
He turned to face Hye Min, and he hesitated for a while, before opening his mouth. "There's one more thing I want to tell you. Before your mother left, she said that she would go out and do something and when she comes back, all three of us will live happily, but she didn't say where's she going, and who she's going to meet, and she died." Hye Min's father softened at the thought of his wife. How he missed her.
 
Hye Min bit her lip and swallowed. "Don't worry Appa, after my leave ends, I'm going to resign, I'm not going to work for EXO-K, not going to work for Lee Dongkook. And I'll find other ways to find the cause of death, of omma, and bring Dongkook to justice," Hye Min said with  determination. After all the evil things Dongkook has done, he still went off scot free, and Hye Min couldn't believe that she even once respected, admired Dongkook, but he was such a disappointment.
 
"I'm going to resign Appa, and before I do that, I'm going to nail Lee Dongkook," Hye Min said with determination, as she stared at the photo of Dongkook, shooting glares at it.
 
-----