Token of Love

Protecting Angel

39.

Reunited.

 
Suho stretched his arms, lazily rubbed his eyes as he looked around. He yawned and saw Hye Min lying on his lap, snoring softly while he chuckled. "First day officially dating with Hye Min," he softly whispered, her hair. The alarm Hye Min placed on the table rang, and Suho quickly slammed it off. He heaved a sigh of relief and looked at Hye Min, still sleeping soundly.
 
Only after an hour, Hye Min then slowly woke up from her sleep. She opened her eyes slowly, and the first thing she saw was Suho, smiling down at her.
A few months ago she would feel embarrassed, but now, nah.
 
As she looked at the window she immediately gasped and looked at Suho, who just tilted his head and smiled innocently at him. She then turned to look at the clock and gasped once more. "What did you do?" she asked. "Nothing," he said innocently.
 
"You turned off the alarm, didn't you?" she asked. He nodded his head. "Why?"
 
She groaned and fell back onto the sofa, then shot up and shot Suho a look. "I was supposed to mee Jungin an hour ago!" she yelled. Suho blinked in surprise then chuckled. "Sorry, I didn't know."
 
She groaned once more then quickly shuffled her way into the toilet. Within minutes she came out with a fresh clothes then quickly ran out of the dormitory. Before she disappeared, she poked her head in and shot a look at Suho. "Be ready by noon," she said, while Suho looked at the clock. "It's already noon."
 
She screamed and groaned and bit her lip. "Be ready by.. Three then," she said and quickly ran out.
 
-
 
He walked out of the dormitory all properly dressed, as he walk to the watch shop that he passed by 8 months ago, to get the couple watches. Now he get the watches as a token of love, represents him and Hye Min.
 
"Oh good morning sir. You're the one who reserved the couple watch 8 months ago, am I right?"
 
"Yes. Did you sell it to someone else?"
 
The man politely shook his head, as he took out the couple watches. Exactly the same 8 months ago, just that it was brighter, shinier than before. Everything was still the same. Same as 8 months ago.
 
"This watch stands for undying love to your other half, telling you to spend and cherish every single minute with your loved ones. And the time can be the witness to it," the salesman explained, smiling. "The purity and simplicity of this watch represents how simple love can be formed, just needs two people to step into each other's lives, to create a perfect outcome."
 
Suho smiled as he walked out of the shop, grinning non stop as he swung the bag containing the couple watch, wondering how she would react. He rubbed his hands and looked up at the sky, smiling. "I don't think Hye Min would mind having her Christmas gift and birthday present to be one," he whispered then walked away with snow on the ground.
 
"On second thought, I need to package it up." Suho went back into the shop, telling the salesman to package it. His mind then wondered off as he thought, is Hye Min really angry?
 
Nah, she won't be so petty, he thought. But on second thought, being late is actually irresponsible for Hye Min to be, she may be angry, he thought and shook his head. He called Hye Min, but she didn't pick up. 
 
The number you have dialled is currently unavailable, your message will be in her voice message box.
 
Hye Min sighed and pouted. "He's not picking up.." she murmured. "Is he angry with me?" she raised an eyebrow at the thought of it and burst into laughter.
 
Suho bit his lip, then slowly cracked a smile. "Hye Min, are you mad at me? Actually I didn't mean to turn the alarm off. I thought the alarm was useless since you use it when you were a bodyguard, but now you're not. Anyway, I have a big surprise for you when you reach home, so..I guess you have to cancel your outings for today," he said and cracked a smile, sending it into the voicemail.
 
"Hey Suho," she said in the phone. "I know this will be in your voice message box so I shall cut it sweet and short. Sorry for shouting at you, if you're mad, don't be mad. If you're not mad, stay that way. Just be at the dormitory by three, not later or earlier, I have a big surprise for you," she giggled. "I guess that's all. I love you, Suho."
 
"Be back early, and I love you, Hye Min," Suho ended the voice message with that. 
 
Hye Min was also walking on the way home, as she passed by the watch shop Suho patronised. She stared at the display of the couple watches, admiring it then quickly snapping out of her thoughts and continued walking.
 
She smiled at herself, as she swung the plastic bags, walking down to EXO-K's dormitory. Everything was fine, peaceful. But not forever. Hye Min knew that she had to go one day, and hope that would never happen, but it's impossible, and shook her head, stopping herself from thinking all those. It was going to the best day ever with Christmas coming, and she's not going to let it just slip past with all her negative thinking.
 
Then, it started snowing and she grinned, looking up at the sky and took in a deep breath. Never had she felt so blissful she must say.
Spending the holiday with the one she loves, wishing to just spend a moment with Suho during Christmas was her greatest wish, and it is about to happen.
 
"I believe, if your wish isn't too much, Santa Claus definitely will grant it," she whispered, closing her eyes.
 
Just then, the screen on the building was airing daily news, and Dongkook's appeared, mostly talking about how he escaped and stuff like that, earning a snicker from Hye Min, then the next news appeared, as the reporter reported about a robber that commited many crimes in robbing banks successfully was finally being caught red handed. The reporter reported, stating how the robber marked the banks on his map, as he marked it down with red spots.
 
Hye Min frowned, as she found it familiar, and her eyes looked at the ground, trying to remember something familar. Her eyes widened. It was just exactly like how Dongkook marked out where the assassin next ambush would be.
 
It then dawned upon her, a red mark was marked down exactly at EXO-K's dormitory, and if Hye Min remembered it clearly, no ambush was taken place at EXO-K'a dormitory, and since Dongkook was still at large, it's possible that he could come and settle with them, once and for all.
 
No wait, scratch that. Not possible, but definitely. Hye Min immediately ran towards EXO-K's dormitory as fast as she could, as she saw the rest of EXO-K's members chatting merrily, about to enter the building as a motorcycle was going straight for them, as they turned at the loud sound coming from the motorcycle, and stood there frozen.
 
Her eyes immediately widened, as she aimed the plastic bag at the motorcycle, hitting the driver's back. Bullseye.
 
The driver fell off, as his helmet dropped, rolling on the floor, revealing Dongkook.
Hye Min immediately ran to EXO-K's side, as she panted heavily. "Sehun, call the police, now."
 
Dongkook got up, as he shot a glare at them, then rushing over with a knife, while Hye Min immediately dodged, as she stepped back. First time battling with Dongkook, and she didn't know her uncle was such a pro.
 
She recovered from her shock as she tried kicking the knife from his hands, but couldn't.
 
 
 
 
Just then, Suho's phone was ringing, and he picked it up with a smile. "What's up Sehun?"
 
"Hyung! Dongkook's back! He's at the at the building now and he's trying to kill us! Hye Min's in danger!" Sehun's frightened voice could be heard as he dropped his phone, trying to dodge Dongkook's attack, cutting the line.
 
He immediately ran out of the shop, grabbing the bag with the watch and he ran towards EXO-K's dormitory, shoving past people.
 
*Hye Min .. After that day I've always been with you, please don't let anything happen to you. From yesterday I have never left your side. Please stay with me. I've lost you once, I don't wish to lose you again, stay with me Hye Min.* Suho bit his lip as he ran past people who were giving him the odd look.
 
Hye Min breathed in heavily, as she tried regaining her posture before Dongkook attacks again. Dongkook stood beside his motorbike and he glared at Hye Min while she frowned. He knew it was no use going to head to head with Hye Min, he had to think of something, and fast.
 
Then, he hopped on his motorbike and drove away.
 
She frowned again and stopped in her tracks. She shouldn't chase after Dongkook, she shook take care of EXO-K first. Hye Min immediately ran to EXO-K, who were slightly bruised from the pushing and falling.
 
She held Baekhyun up, as she looked at Kai who was getting up, and then saw the motorcycle, coming again, now straight towards Kai.
 
"Kai watch out!" Hye Min shouted and she dashed out, pushing Kai away from Dongkook that was coming straight for him, and the motorbike hit her, causing her to be run down by Dongkook, then rolling on the floor.
 
"Freeze!" the police shouted as they pointed their guns at Dongkook. He dropped his motorbike and he froze. "Damn."
Conceding defeat, he let the police handcuffed him and swiftly brought him into the police car.
 
Before that, Dongkook glared at Kai, as he mouthed, "I'll. Be. Back."
 
All of the EXO-K members immediately rushed to her side as they stared wide eyed at her.
"Hye Min! Hye Min!" Kai shouted as he gently shook her shoulders.
 
Hye Min vaguely heard a voice calling out for her, many voices surrounding her as she stood there still.
 
She found herself floating on a cloud, and she had to strain her neck up to look at the gate. And above it was a blurry face of her mother.
Life is fragile, cherish those around you, Hye Min. Play ear by ear. Just be with the one you love.
 
Is that even possible, omma? Hye Min asked as she stood there in front of her mother.
 
Her mother closed her eyes. If you have one second to be with Suho, then spend that last second with him.
 
Thanks, that didn't really answered her question.
 
Hye Min slowly opened her eyes, and saw Kai in front of her. "Hye Min!" Kai exclaimed as he hugged her tightly shutting his eyes, thinking that she was dead.
 
"Kai.. Where's Suho?" Hye Min asked as she clutched her head and stood up.
 
"H-he's on the way. Don't you feel pain anywhere? You just been knocked down by Dongkook," Baekhyun asked with concern. Hye Min looked around and shook her head."I'm fine, you see, I don't have any bruises. I need to find Suho.." Hye Min weakly said as she walked, clutching onto her head.
 
But Kai held her back. "Go to the hospital," he ordered while she shook her head. "I need to find Suho first," she said weakly and Kai frowned, holding her back. "But-"
 
Baekhyun nudged him as the police took their down statements. Kai loosened his grip on her and he turned his head to look at the officer. Just as he turned his head back, he found Hye Min gone.
 
 
 
Hye Min fumbled for her cellphone as she dialled his number, waiting for him to pick up the call. "Suho.. suho.." Hye Min murmured as she walked, her eyes about to close, but she shook her head and kept her eyes open, he vision fixed on looking for Suho.
 
Suho stopped running, as he looked around his surroundings, searching for Hye Min when his phone buzzed and he picked it up immediately when he saw Hye Min's name. "Hye Min? You alright? What happened? Is everything okay?" he asked worriedly, bombarding her with questions, while Hye Min softly smiled. "I'm.. fine. EXO-K's going to assist the police. They've caught Dongkook.." Hye Min's voice trailed off, as felt dry, and her head was spinning.
 
"Oh thank god." Suho heaved a sigh of relief and smiled. "Alright I'll be going up to the dormitory, why don't you wait for me there?"
 
Hye Min could feel her heart beating slowly and her vision went blur. "Maybe.. Maybe not Suho. Why don't we go to the playground the other day?" Hye Min weakly smiled as she forced the words out of .
 
Suho immediately agreed. "Alright then, I'll see you there alright? Anyway, I have something to give you." He smiled widely and hung up, immediately running towards the playground with the present in his hand.
 
Hye Min took in a deep breath and weakly smiled. She slowly walked towards the playground, bearing the pain that was lingering in her head, having her body to feel weak and feeble all of a sudden.
 
It seems like it was difficult to breathe with every step and amount of energy she took, but she didn't care, she just continued walking.
 
When Suho reached, he sat on the bench and smiled widely, unable to contain his excitement. He can't wait to see Hye Min again.
 
A minute ago, he was panicking and now, he felt excited and blissful, waiting for Hye Min.
 
 
Hye Min,
            I've just reached. I'm waiting for you at the bench under the tree. The token of love is here with me, I'll be waiting.
 
 
Within a minute, his phone buzzed.
 
Almost there, please wait for me. Don't go anywhere, just don't go anywhere.
 
 
-----