LDK

Protecting Angel

 

31.
LDK.
 
Hye Min hummed, while she scrubbed the floor, moving around the house. At least she kept her mind of something, and today she was in a slightly better mood than the other days.
 
"Hye Min-ah, it's been a long time since you've sang, and also a Chinese song," Hye Min's father commented, as he got himself the medicine, pouring a glass of water.
 
"Good morning Appa, had a great night rest yesterday?" Hye Min greeted as she continued scrubbing the floor hardly, not having any dust to be found.
 
It's been almost the end of Hye Min's leave, and she has to report back the day after tomorrow to the devil's office again-Lee Dongkook, and also to pass him the resignation letter.
 
She sighed as she was wondering what she needs to face, and what she needs to do, she really need to talk to someone, someone that she can trust, besides Suho. Jungin.
 
Wait, to be honest, she was wary of Jungin. She was either over sensitive or not sensitive at all. But come to think of it, Jungin doesn't seem like the type of person who is under Dongkook. If she is really under Dongkook, then why didn't she just resign and stop working for f(x) when Dongkook trasnferred her to f(x), right?
 
And Hye Min actually checked on Jungin' background. She was really a country bumpkin, nothing else.
 
 
 
On the other hand, Suho was suffering. Well, not really suffering, just that emptiness overwhelming him. One day not being able to see Hye Min made him feel restless, three weeks without Hye Min beside him, won't he die? Now, Suho was confirmed of his feelings for Hye Min.
 
Suho was so restless, which made everyone worry about him. Especially Kris after visiting Hye Min and telling everything to Suho.
 
That day, that particular day, Suho couldn't take it anymore. Since he didn't have any schedules, he went to hike at that particular hill. The hill where Hye Min found the remains of her mother.
 
Suho didn't care about the pain in his legs as he continued to hike. He knew that it would be difficult and tiring like the previous time, and the dangers of ambushes from nowhere, but Suho just couldn't care.
 
He was already numb, adding numb to his body doesn't really help. He walked up at the peak, and was just in time to see the sun. The golden sun, the same sun that they saw that day.
 
He was sweating buckets, as he looked up at the sun and lay on the ground, panting non stop.
 
Suddenly, a shiny object that shine caught his attention. He turned to his left to find an object reflecting the sun rays, a small object, but could be easily seen when the rays of sun reflected on it, and it reflected back.
 
He got up to his feet and walked to it as he dusted the soil off the item and picked it up.
 
It was a brooch that bore the three letters "LDK"
 
"LDK? What's that?" Suho muttered under his breath, squinting his eyes while he examined the brooch, frowning.
 
Part of the hill has been cordoned off after HaeIn's remains were found, and no one has ever been here even though  the police has stop cordoning the scene.
 
Suho kept it in his pocket as he walked down the slope. *Must be one of the assassins that left behind.. But what does LDK stand for?*
 
-
 
"LDK.. LDK.. What does LDK stands for?" Suho tapped the brooch as he sat on the sofa, thinking what those three letters represent.
 
"What are you looking at?" D.O. causally asked as he walked over chewing on a strawberry.
 
"Just wondering, what LDK stands for," Suho bluntly replied.
 
"Hye Min's coming back the day after tomorrow Hyung, aren't you going to celebrate? I miss her so much!" Sehun excitedly beamed as he hugged his pillow while watching the television together with Luhan.
 
"Suho, aren't you glad?" Kris tapped his shoulder.
 
Suho looked up and thought of Hye Min coming back, his face slightly lit up.
 
He slid the brooch into his pocket as he walked out of the dormitory to see Dongkook regarding some matters.
 
-
 
"So, I've done cleaning, scrubbing, dish washing, washing of clothes, folding of clothes and yup. That should be about it," Hye Min checked as she causally tossed the piece of paper on the table and plopped herself into the sofa as she  sighed deeply.
 
Unknowingly, Hye Min was thinking of Suho, how's he? What's he doing? And mostly all about him.
 
Hye Min quickly shook her head as she walked over to grab a magazine. As she browser through one by one, she found the letter that she slot in that day.
 
*Oh yeah.. The letter, I almost forgot.* Hye Min picked up the envelope and opened it, reading the content carefully. And before she read the last part of the letter, her hands went numb as the letter slipped out of her hands, and she collapsed onto the ground, at the state of shock.
 
Her hands trembled, and she her lips nervously, casting her gaze on the window, analyzing every single detail.
 
Her life was seriously like a drama. A drama that she would never expect, and she couldn't take it. She was about to breakdown. She wanted to escape from everything. Drop her bags and leave, not caring about anything, just only about her.
 
She wanted to live a carefree life. She was only eighteen, she really thinks that age is the age where her carefree life starts. No, but she was wrong.
 
She stared at the ground emotionlessly, then shifted her gaze towards the letter,  staring at the three particular words in the letter- Lee Dong Kook.
 
Everything is related to him. Suho's related to him, EXO's related to him, the job she is working in is related to him, she herself is also related to him, her father is related to him, and now even her mother is related to him. Lee Dongkook is being fishy here, something smells wrong about him, something very wrong.
 
"Lee Dongkook.. I will never forgive you, I will never." Hye Min said with gritted teeth as she yanked the letter away and under the table, not even reading the last part of what her mother had written.
 
Hye Min just knew one thing she feels now. Hatred burning in her. Hatred for Dongkook.
 
Never have Hye Min felt so angry and agitated before, and now the emotion grew in her because of that demon, that bastard that is related to her in any way.
 
-----