Explosion

Protecting Angel

13.

Explosion.

The next morning, before Hye Min knew, she found herself sleeping on the cozy hotel bed, and snuggled into the comforter, warmth overwhelming her as she pulled the covers closer to her, smiling and lazily rubbed her eyes. She squinted as she scanned the room, she remembered seeing the EXO-K members bouncing around in the room and she herself falling asleep, but where is EXO-K? And who placed her on the bed?
 
"Maybe they've went to their rooms.." Hye Min murmured as she got off the bed and when she touched the ground, it felt so.. Soft, but not flat. Hye Min wondered as she placed a bit more pressure on it, and her foot sank in a bit, as a groan let out beneath her foot.
 
She looked down, as she found her foot on Kai's stomach, and she let out a gasp and bit her lip. As she looked at the floor, she saw EXO-K all lying on the floor, scattered around the floor. *So they didn't went back to their rooms.*
 
Hye Min slowly tiptoed to the bathroom, trying not to step on any of member of EXO-K, or else she would be dead. By Dongkook.
 
After washing up, she went out to see the sleeping figures of EXO-K. The positions of EXO-K were really, awkward, as she tilted her head and chuckled.
 
"Alright, get up," Hye Min waked each and everyone up, shaking their shoulders gently, and Suho was the first to wake up, as he groggily sat up and rubbed his eyes, to see Hye Min smiling at him, and he smiled back.
 
"Good morning," Hye Min laughed as she ruffled Suho's bed hair, and pushed him into the bathroom.
 
 
"Day 2, hm, it's seems like Mr Lee is giving you quite some time to bond. There's no schedule for today, let's go out!" Hye Min beamed, exiting the hotel, together with EXO-K.
 
They were walking on the streets, and people were giving looks at them, pointing as they whispered towards the friend next to them, thinking whether were their eyes playing tricks on them, or did they actually see EXO-K walking past them and Hye Min could feel little droplets falling down and landing on her, and soon, a heavy downpour. Great, how nice to start the day.
 
"Let's go to the nearest shopping mall," Chanyeol beamed and jumped. But once the sky rumbled and the lightning flashed, Chanyeol gulped.  It then started to rain. "Great it's raining." He flung his hands up and grumbled, while the others hurriedly ran.
 
They quickly sheltered their heads and ran towards the nearest shelter, which is also the shopping mall they wanted to go and stood there, dusting the water off them.
 
Suho took out a packet of tissue, as he passed it around to EXO-K, and left with only one. Great.
 
He instinctively took it out, and used it to wipe the water off Hye Min's face instead of his.
 
Hye Min looked up, blinking in surprise as to find Suho wiping the water off her forehead, then dusted the water droplets of her hair. "There you go." Suho smiled warmly at Hye Min, while she stared back at him, then blinking a few times before snapping out of her gaze and warmly smiled back at him.
 
"Let's go in," Suho led them as they entered, being welcomed by the cold breeze, coming from the air conditioner, sending chills to them as they shivered.
 
"Maybe going into a shopping mall may not be the best thing ever," Chanyeol meekly smiled as he pursed his lips.
 
"Since we're already here, let's get some food, which includes, sweets." Suho commented as he caught a glimpse of Chanyeol's eyes widening.
 
 
-
 
 
"Well, so apparently we've been shopping for food for the past two hours and actually sweets isn't even included in here!" Chanyeol grumbled as he crossed his arms.
 
They've been shopping for the past two hours, trying every food they see, instead of shopping for souvenirs or clothes. And Chanyeol has been grumbling ever since he had not touched sweets. And they decided to stop by to really have a decent meal, at just outside of a restaurant.
 
"Sorry, but the place is already full. If you don't mind, you can sit outside, there's a shelter too." The waitress apologized, as she led them to the outer part of the restaurant, where it was outdoor.
 
Fortunately, like what the waitress said, there's a shelter, but the rain sometimes beats in.
 
"Alright order what you want to eat, and Suho and I will buy it for you." Hye Min got up from her seat as she went in. "And especially I'm digging it from my own pocket.."
 
She gave the menu to the waitress and also the list of items they ordered, and went out again to sit.
 
They were walking and Hye Min slightly bumped into a guy, as he just walked past her, not even an apology. The guy wore a mask, and covered part of his head with a black cap, as he walked out of the direction Hye Min was walking to. "What's with that guy.." Hye Min mumbled as she looked at the guy while rubbing her arm. "You alright?" Suho turned back, and asked Hye Min.
 
"I'm fine." Hye Min smiled as she walked towards EXO-K, settling down in her seat. She looked ahead of Suho, and saw the exact man that bumped into her a few minutes ago. His back was facing Hye Min, and when he looked over the shoulder, he immediately ducked his head and looked at the menu. She frowned. "Mr Kim, don't you think there's something weird about this guy sitting behind us? Like he's been always spying us."
 
Suho sat down and looked back. "Hye Min, don't call me Mr Kim, just call me Suho, like the rest of them-"
 
"No. Call me Mr Kim, it's a form of respect." Kai suddenly came into the picture as he scoffed, while Hye Min narrowed her eyes at Kai and scoffed back.
 
"Whatever Kai. And Hye Min, I think you're just overly suspicious. You got to relax a bit."
 
Hye Min frowned as she nodded, still thinking that it's not overly suspicious, but her instincts.
 
Even when the food came, Hye Min was sometimes eyeing on the man, and every few minutes, Hye Min found out that the man would always slightly turned back, then quickly turned to his front. Very strange.
 
And one thing that was strange about him, was when he entered the restaurant, he has never once, ordered anything to eat, never.
 
Hye Min decided to walk up to him, when suddenly he stood up and went back into the restaurant, and before he that, he turned to his shoulder, as he took out an item from his pocket, then quickly put it back in and walk in.
 
*Weird..*
 
The dishes they ordered have all been on the table, as they began eating. "Hye Min tuck in," Suho said as he dug into his food together with EXO-K. They must say so far, this food that the restaurant served totally was the best they have tasted ever since they came here.
 
EXO-K, except for Kai all went to the toilet, as Kai continued gobbling down the food, while Hye Min stared at him. "Didn't know you have a greedy side of you," Hye Min scoffed, as she ate her food slowly, unlike Kai.
 
"What what what? Can't I eat? It's against the law to eat like this huh? Tsk.. "Kai snickered as he continued gobbling down.
 
The door opened, as a waiter walked in, pushing a trolley, containing only one dish, that was covered.
"Sorry but all the dishes we have ordered are already here, we didn't order this one," Hye Min clarified as she placed her food down.
 
"You're our 100th customer, this is on the house," the waiter bluntly replied as he lowered his head, and slowly opened the cover.
 
Before he could fully open, Hye Min immediately rushed to the front, as she grabbed his hand, stopping him from opening the cover. "We don't need it. Thank you."
 
"Yah just take it, it's on the house." Kai walked over as he smiled at the waiter and grabbed Hye Min's hand, lifting it off the waiter's hand to let him open. "Mr Kim," she hissed and frowned at him, signalling to him while he ignored. Hye Min placed her hands on the lid, stopping the waiter from opening it and Kai frowned. "Yah. Hye Min. Let go" he ordered while Hye Min frowned even more. "Kai.." she hissed one more time and glanced at the suspicious waiter.
 
Kai rolled his eyes and grabbed Hye Min's hand. "I said let go," he said sternly and Hye Min let go, frowning. The waiter lowered his head even more, as he slightly squirmed uncomfortably, with the gaze from Hye Min as he opened the cover of the dish. His feet slightly shifted to his right, as he took a step back, before fully opening the lid.
 
Hye Min's eyes widened, same goes for Kai, as she immediately pulled Kai to her side and ran, then jumping out of the place, and onto the pedestrian. Kai rolled over as he fell down with a groan, hitting the ground harshly as Hye Min frowned and hovered above him. Water landed on Hye Min's head, as it dropped down, and she looked at Kai worriedly. "You alright?" Hye Min asked, breathing heavily.
 
Kai gulped, as he blinked for a few moments then nodding. He squirmed uncomfortably, as Hye Min stood up, sheltering her head as she looked at Kai. "Did you see it just now? A grenade was in the dish, and it.." Hye Min trailed off, as she thought for a few minutes. "Did it explode?"
 
She ran over, with the rain wetting her hair, when she came back, she saw the waiter gone, and EXO-K has already came back but the so called dish and the grenade, well a fake one.
"What happened?" Suho asked as the waitress and manager came out to also ask Hye Min what actually happened.
 
She looked at them back and forth, then took the grenade, and found that it was quite light. "They took out the powder in it," she muttered, then threw it on the floor.
 
 
 
 
 
"Well apparently I knew there was something wrong with the waiter and the food that was hidden in the dish, because I found one common thing about the waiter and the suspicious man, they all have a scar on their left hand. When he bumped into me, I saw his left hand having a scar, and when I was grabbing his hand, I saw the same scar at the same exact spot." Hye Min explained everything in detailed.
 
She sighed. "There was something wrong with the waiter, and so I didn't accept the dish, but this Mr Kim here, insisted on taking it. And now, we're wet." Hye Min shot a look at Kai, while he just looked everywhere, but just did not meet Hye Min's eyes.
 
"It's kind of dangerous now, even in another place, we get assassinated, I think we better head back to the hotel first," Suho said as he led them out of the restaurant.
 
"Aw man, I even thought we could go out to buy some sweets!" Chanyeol grumbled as he followed Suho.
 
"Aish, this day is so unproductive!" Sehun pouted as he crossed his arms.
 
"Four umbrellas please," Hye Min asked as she paid the cashier. She dug for her wallet, as she searched money, only to find money enough for 3 umbrellas. She slowly looked up at the cashier who was waiting impatiently at her, and Hye Min meekly smiled and looked back at the long queue behind her. She bit her lip as she stared at the money she has. *God, didn't bring enough money today..* Hye Min gulped. At that time, Suho appeared as he took the money from Hye Min's hand, and gave it to the cashier, then leaving with only three umbrellas.
 
"Mr Kim, but why only three?" Hye Min asked as she sneezed.
 
"We can just squeeze in one right, Sehun? And you didn't bring enough money, we just have to buy 3 umbrellas."
 
"the four of EXO-K has to share with two umbrellas, and you have to share it with Sehun, that'll be left with none. I can just walk in the rain."
 
"Of course we can't let you do this. If you fall sick who would be our manager and rush us?"
 
"What about this? Stop arguing and just squeeze in!" Sehun pushed Hye Min to Suho's side as they walked to the hotel, and Hye Min would sneeze every few minutes.
 
Suho gently held her hand and she winced. He immediately let go, his eyes widening in shock as he saw drops of blood on his hand. "Hye Min, your hand is bleeding." He immediately looked at her palm, and indeed it was bleeding. "Nah, I'm fine. Just a scratch." She waved the topic off and smiled.
 
"But it could lead to infection," Suho said. Hye Min nodded her head and sighed. "I'll deal with it in the hotel." 
 
-
 
"Boss, it's been completed, I've only scared them, nothing much of damage."
 
"Good, now just one more task for tomorrow and I'll give you the sum tomorrow, then you can come back, I'll then give you a few more tasks."
 
The man nodded as he hung up, and looked up at the hotel EXO-K and Hye Min was staying in, before walking away, with his hands in his pockets.
 
-----