Baking

Protecting Angel

8.

Baking
 
There were still a few more before Suho's birthday, as Hye Min was dragged early in the morning by D.O. to prepare how to bake. And today was the first day.
 
"Hye Min, wakey wakey. You got to get up, or we're going to be late." D.O. crept into Hye Min's bedroom, as he began shaking her, and as a result, was being kicked in the stomach by her, as she flipped to one side, snoring softly.
 
"Owww.. Hye Min.." D.O. groaned in pain, as he staggered backwards, pressing his back onto the closet, and squeezed his eyes shut, trying to bear the pain. Who knew a petite looking girl like Hye Min could produce these powerful kicks.
 
"Hye Min, wake up! We need to practice before Suho Hyung wakes up, this is the only time we have if we don't want Hyung to know! Wake up!" D.O. hissed as he pulled the covers off her with all his might.
 
"Urgh.. So early, let me sleep a bit more.." Hye Min lazily rubbed her eyes as she sat up, then yawned, before lying down on the bed again.
 
"No no no! Wake up now!" D.O. caught her arm as he pulled her forward, then dragging her out of the room and into the toilet.
 
When she came out, slightly refreshed, she looked at the clock and gawked at D.O.
 
"Seriously?! 4 a.m. only and you woke me up?"
 
"We then can have more trials right? Come on! Let's don't waste anymore time!"
 
D.O. pulled Hye Min to the kitchen who just went to a corner, restlessly waiting for D.O. to take action. As they reached the kitchen, D.O. began taking out the ingredients, as he looked at Hye Min, while Hye Min looked back. "Uh, so what are we going to do?" Hye Min asked as she raised her eyebrows.
 
"A cake. Just a mini one would do. Now, stop talking and let's get cracking."
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Take this, then roll the dough," D.O. instructed as he stood beside Hye Min, who was yawning and nodding her head as she grabbed the salt unknowingly, about to spread it on the dough but was stopped by D.O. in time.
 
"Hye Min! Wake up!" D.O. flicked her forehead, waking her up entirely.
 
Hye Min rolled the dough with all her might, as D.O. nodded, instructing her at one side.
 
"No no no. Not like this. Like this. Watch me." D.O. took the roller from Hye Min's and did a demonstration, rolling the dough properly.
 
"Ah, alright I get it now." Hye Min nodded her head as she took it from D.O.'s hands and started to try.
 
"No no not like this! Like this!" D.O. went behind Hye Min, as he placed his hands on Hye Min's fingers, then instructing on how to hold and roll the dough properly.
 
Boy, Hye Min really needs some baking lessons.
 
D.O. leaned in closer to take a look at the dough, as he rested his chin on Hye Min's shoulder, then nodding his head. "Yep. Now let's stir the ingredients," D.O. instructed as he took out the rest of the ingredients to bake.
 
"Ta-da.." Hye Min face's dropped as she forced out a smile. "It's really bad, isn't it?"
 
D.O. took in a deep breath, as he tried controlling his temper. For being the mother of EXO-K, and his love and passion for cooking and baking, it was hard for him to scold a beginner.
 
For a beginner to bake such a thing like this, D.O. could say it was an insult.
 
He forced out a smile, as he took in a deep breath. "Not bad, Hye Min. As a beginner, you're really, not bad," D.O. forced every word out of his mouth, especially those two words-Not bad.
 
Sigh, the skills of cooking and baking really means a lot to D.O.
 
The cake didn't look like a cake at all. It looked more like a dumpling then was causually wrapped up, and the dough wasn't thick, as the ingredients in the cake were mashed up and exposed.
 
More like a ball, than a cake or dumpling, Hye Min sees it that way.
 
D.O. forced out a smile, as he clasped his hands. "It's alright! Just more practice, no more skiving!"
 
"I won't! After this, I won't skive. Sorry.." Hye Min apologized as she slightly rubbed the back of her neck, then wiping her face, covering her cheek with flour, while D.O. stifled a laugh.
 
She tilted her head, puzzled. "What's wrong? Is there anything in my face?" Hye Min asked, as she continued to touch her face, leaving more flour, and D.O. grabbed this opportunity, as he secretly dabbed some flour into his palm, then innocently walked over to Hye Min. "There, it's.." D.O. tried his best to stifle a laughter. "Clean."
 
Hye Min frowned as she smiled. "Hmm, I don't believe you.." She grabbed a mirror as she gasped. "I look like a ghost! Because of you!" Hye Min shouted as she chased D.O. around the whole dormitory, forgetting that it was still early, and forgetting that she would be waking the rest of EXO-K members up.
 
"You look gorgeous Hye Min!" D.O. laughed as he commented sarcastically.
 
 
 
 
 
"Aish, Hye Min, you were too loud today in waking us up, we're all so tired.." Sehun yawned, as he pouted and ate his food.
 
"Aish, it's all because of you.." Hye Min mumbled as she caught a glimpse of  D.O. giggling.
 
"Aish you! Still giggle? You made me look like a ghost this morning!" Hye Min stood up from her chair, as she attempted to throw a slice of bread at D.O. who was at the opposite end of the table.
 
"Ghost? What ghost Hye Min?" Suho asked as he chew on his food.
Hye Min sat down back at her seat and awkwardly laughed. "Hehe. Nothing Mr Kim." 
 
D.O. giggled once again, and Hye Mun wrinkled her nose at him, sticking out her tongue at D.O., while he did the same thing back to her.
 
Suho frowned, as he chewed on his food, looking at the two of them. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Lunch came right after breakfast, as Suho was about to open the door, asking Hye Min to go in, but was stopped by D.O.
 
"Ah Hyung, I'll ask Hye Min, you can help with the dishes," D.O. smiled as he opened the door, beating Suho to it.
He frowned as he walked back to the table. *Whats with D.O. now..*
 
"Hye Min!" D.O. whispered as he opened the door, then closing it.
"What do you want now, Mr Do? After baking with you this morning, I wouldn't want to be a ghost again ya know?" Hye Min eyed him.
 
"I'm asking you to come in to have lunch with us, don't you remember?" D.O. smiled innocently as he wiggled his eyebrows, earning a snicker from Hye Min, that later on turned into a soft chuckle.
"Ah yes, one more thing, about Suho's birthday party.." D.O. whispered into Hye Min's ears, as she giggled, excited about the party.
 
"What's taking them so long?" Suho thought, as he went to the door, peeking through the doorhole, to only see D.O.'s head.
Puzzled, he opened the door, to find Hye Min chuckling and nodding her head, as D.O. smiled, whispering things into her ear.
 
Immediately, he frowned.
 
When Hye Min, saw Suho standing there, she immediately waved to him, and smiled, then quickly nudging the person beside her.
"Hey Mr Kim, I'll get in first." Hye Min went in, with D.O. tagging along behind her, then settling down in her seat beside D.O.
Suho frowned even more, it was his seat. He looked at the two of them, and went in with them, wondering what's up with them, acting all so strange. And one thing that made his eyebrow twitch, was their intimacy.
 
He knew it was just an acquaintance relationship with one another, but it just seems to irritate him, very very badly.
 
-----