New Buddy

Protecting Angel

 

18.
New Buddy.
 
"Yes yes yes!" Hye Min squealed in delight as she jumped around outside of EXO-K's dormitory early in the morning as she got a text from Dongkook about the matter of having a new bodyguard.
 
Suho lazily rubbed his eyes as he supported himself up and looked at Sehun.
 
"Hyung, know what's the commotion out there?" Sehun asked, groaning as it was early in the morning and they hardly had a day off, and now they were woken up.
 
Suho shrugged as he got onto his feet and dragged it to the door. He opened the door and lazily poked his head out to see Hye Min squealing and jumping up and down like a bunny, a cute one. Suho immediately woke up and wasn't feeling tired anymore. In fact, he was feeling energetic as his lips curved upwards as he look at Hye Min squealing, and still not noticing him until.. now.
 
Hye Min immediately stopped jumping as she straightened herself and bowed, "good morning Mr- I mean Suho, did I wake you up from your sleep? I think I made too much noise didn't I.." Hye Min scratched her neck and looked down, smiling sheepishly.
 
He smiled back and shook his head. "It's alright. By the way, why were you all so hyper early in the morning?" Suho asked, interested in what made Hye Min so excited.
 
"I just got a text from Mr Lee! He said that the new bodyguard is coming today! Oh my gosh finally! At least I can take some time off to visit my father, it's been a long time I met him.." Hye Min's voice trailed off at the thought of her father. She wondered how he was doing all alone, although she made calls to her father, and he even replied that he could stand up, she's still worried for him.
 
"Appa work so hard for me back in the past, and now he's injured, partially because he worked too hard and it's also because of me, so it's time for me to do something for him, at least something, and this is the best I can do for him," Hye Min said as she went into the dormitory with Suho and sat on the sofa.
 
"What about your mother?" Suho asked.
 
Hye Min froze. She didn't know what to say, she always hated people who were so curious in her family and kept asking about her mother, and when they knew, they would always and bully her back in her elementary school. But she knew Suho was different from them, she knew that Suho was a warm, caring person that she could rely on, but still, she want to be like other people, having a complete family and not being pitied or sympathized on for growing up in a single parent family.
 
Those people are always curious of what happened to her mother, and she hated it. One of the reasons is because, she herself don't even know what actually happened to her mother. She only remembered the day of her when it was her birthday, the day when she e, her father and mother were there to celebrate with her, and she felt that that was the happiest day of her life, and kept thinking that there would be even happier days like this in the future with her parents, but she didn't know that after turning one, her mother disappeared, even her father didn't know, or didn't want to talk about it. She kept thinking, turning one, a good thing, or bad thing?
 
But that birthday was also the start of her nightmare. It seemed like she vanished from the surface of the earth. And since because she was only one, she could hardly make out her mother's facial features, and also hardly remember that day. Only remembering that moment when her parents carried her and blew the candles, that's all.
 
"My mother? She's overseas," Hye Min lied as she fidgeted. "I actually miss her, as much as my father.." Hye Min said as she leaned back and stared at the ceiling.
 
"I depend on my father alone, and so does he, so when he's gone, I don't know what can I do.." Hye Min stated, she imagined not having her father around her, being all alone in their cruel world, she really felt hopeless.
"And that's why I love my father, the most." Hye Min shot up, smiling.
 
Suho smiled. He wanted to pat her back or give her a hug, to at least show, not only she can depend on her father now, also depend on EXO-K, and also on him, even though they had known for not too long, he could feel warm and comfortable around her, and so does Hye Min feel the same for Suho.
 
Kai stared at them, he was listening to their conversation, as he hid behind the wall, he pressed his lips into a firm line and gently closed the door as he went back to sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
"So where's the new bodyguard? Suho asked as he tried tiptoeing and scanning the area with Hye Min.
"I don't know," Hye Min did the same too, as she lifted her head high up to see.
They both were standing outside of the building, waiting for the new bodyguard, which Hye Min considers to be her new buddy to arrive.
And after standing there at the same position for fifteen minutes like a retard, a motorbike came and the driver immediately braked to a stop.
 
The driver immediately took out the helmet, and it was a .. Female. She flipped her hair as she took out the helmet and placed it on her seat and walked towards Hye Min. She had long hair that reached her elbow, and also dark brown eyes that shimmer in the light. She stood in front of Hye Min, taller than her by half a head, so Hye Min had to look up to her.
*Man, I didn't know my buddy would be so.. Terrifying.* Hye Min gulped.
 
"You're Hye Min? Lee Hye Min?" She asked in a gentle voice, which made Hye Min even terrified. Based on her experience that she watch on the television, those people that look terrifying and introduce in a nice gentle voice, are just wolves in a sheep clothing. Basically, just evil. Pure evil.
 
"I'm Jungin, nice to meet you," she greeted, with a genuine smile, which made Hye Min quite confused.
 
Hye Min then slowly shook her hand while eying her, and the next thing that made her surprise was her action and her voice.
 
Hye Min felt so .. small in front of her. She didn't know whether this girl she just met a few seconds ago who goes by the name of Jungin is wickedly pure evil like the witches in Winx Club she watched with Baekhyun or like fairies.
 
But the next thing Jungin did, Hye Min smiled and also even laughed. She was hallucinating tooooo much.
 
"AHHH! I can't believe it! I got accepted as a bodyguard!" Jungin screamed in delight and jumped, like what Hye Min did in the morning.
 
Both Suho and Hye Min looked at each other, then smiled.
*I think this buddy of mine, is gonna be a blessing.*
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Erm, hi. So your name's Jungin right?" Sehun asked.
 
"Yup. 23 this year," she chirped.
 
"Yah, Chanyeol, you can get her as your happy virus partner," Baekhyun suggested as he leaned towards his right to Chanyeol, and whispered, and having Chanyeol to elbow him, hard.
 
"Woah, that means you're the oldest," D.O. tapped his chin and said.
 
"Ah yes, you're Hye Min right? I'm so glad I can be your partner to protect EXO-K, even though I hardly know them well since I actually came from a poor family, and my hometown stinks," Jungin remarked and giggled.
 
"Everyone in my village is all so glum and unhappy, and my mother says that only I am the lively and chirpy one in my village, so my job is to made everyone smile, and soon I had to move out of my village to Busan, and here I am, protecting the stars of Korea, such an honour.." Jungin continued to talk (or blabber) while Hye Min whispered, "She really can be compared to Chanyeol."
 
"Like how Chanyeol bugs you and keeps talking in the car for the past few weeks?" Suho smiled.
Hye Min chuckled and nodded, agreeing.
 
 
Hye Min clasped her hands together and stood up. "Jungin, we have to guard the dormitory, let's go," Hye Min tugged onto Jungin's wrist.
 
"What? I'm not done talking, I'll talk to you later about my story!" she shouted before Hye Min slammed the door shut.
 
"Hye Min-ah, you're 18 right?" she asked.
Hye Min nodded.
 
"Great! That's means I'm your Unnie! Yay!" she chirped.
"Unnie, it's work time, be alert," Hye Min reminded.
"Oh yeah, I forgot," Jungin giggled as she scratched her head and stayed focus.
Hye Min just shook her head as she smiled.
 
Even though Jungin's older than Hye Min, she just behaves like a little kid, and Hye Min just has to be the big sister and takes care of Jungin.
 
Jungin glanced at Hye Min and giggled. "You know Hye Min, you're sometimes too serious." Hye Min glanced back at her and smiled. "Is this smile friendly enough for you?" her smiled wider as she forced it out, which made it look .. urgh. A lunatic.
 
Jungin laughed and whacked her head, catching Hye Min off guard as she blinked in surprise, stunned in her position as she slowly rubbed her head. "Hye Min I like you! You are such a joker!" she exclaimed and whacked her head again, while Hye Min slowly forced out a smile and nodded her head. "Yeah.. A joker.." she muttered under her breath and continued working.
 
She had no idea this Jungin who is as frail and skinny as her that has no muscles or is buff actually could hit her as hard as a bull. It was like having someone to flip her hair right into her face, thinking that it wouldn't hurt but actually the impact is totally.. Unbelievable.
 
Chanyeol stifled a laugh as he ran into the living room, then bursting out laughing. "You should see how Hye Min's being abused by that new girl! What's her name again?"
 
Baekhyun whacked his head and flicked his forehead. "You mean Jungin? How did you know she's 'abusing' Hye Min?" he wiggled his eyebrows at him and rolled his eyes.
 
"Well I peeked through the door hole and saw what Jungin whacking Hye Min's head like what you did to me a few seconds ago," he murmured and blew his hair out of his face. "Well then that's not really abusing."
 
"To me, yes," Chanyeol debated. Suho smiled and glanced between Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "Well I just think that Hye Min and Jungin is going to bring lots of laughter into our dormitory."
 
-----