Transferring

Protecting Angel

 

24.
Transferring.
 
After that day onwards, Hye Min has been taking leave, preparing, arranging her mother's funeral, and also spending some time with her father.
 
"Omma," Hye Min said as she bowed, then placed the container containing the ashes into a compartment. "I've finally found your remains."
 
She sighed and let her fingers trace the outline of the picture of her mother. She softly smiled and sat down on the floor. "So this was how you look in the past omma."
 
"Sometimes I just wonder why you left appa and me alone. At first I blamed you, but then it slowly turned into misery, because I miss you too much, then I just started looking for you. I'm glad I finally found your body, but not in time to see you again, alive," she whispered and let a silent tear roll down her cheek. "I miss you omma."
 
"I'll do whatever it takes to find the murderer and bring him to justice. The police are too. Omma, rest in peace," she said and forced out a smile as she stood up and walked out to meet Dongkook.
 
 
 
-
 
"Mr Lee? Hye Min's here, to report for duty," Hye Min entered Dongwook's office to report for duty.
 
He was facing the window, mumbling to himself some numbers and immediately turned to face Hye Min, wide eye.
 
"Wh-what? Today?" he shrieked
 
Hye Min nodded. "I finished my mother's funeral week ago, and I've cleared my mind, and decided to report for duty today."
 
"Oh." He blinked in surprise and cleared his desk, putting away his paperwork and sat up straight. "A-alright then. Anyway, I made some arrangements for you, you'll be protecting f(x) now, one of S.M.'s Entertainment girl band."
 
Hye Min stared at him in shock. "Wh-what? f(x)? But why not EXO-K?"
 
"It's been decided. And besides. f(x) is also equally popular and also has some crazy fanboys behind them stalking them, so I had assigned you to them, after all, you are quite a good bodyguard. EXO-K complimented you a lot, especially Suho."
 
"But .. But-"
 
"No buts," Dongwook cut her off as wagged his finger. "there'll be Jungin to protect EXO-K's safety right? You should be assured now, right?"
 
Knowing that Hye Min couldn't out talk Dongwook, she just sighed, and nodded. Then walked slowly walked out of the room.
 
After protecting and being with EXO-K for weeks, they kinda have a deep relationship right? Hye Min even thought that they could spend more time together after reporting for duty, at the same time also digging up her mother's case, but now, it's just a dream, her dream.
 
Hye Min slowly took out her phone and messaged Suho.
 
"Hi. I'm transferring to protect f(x) now." Hye Min typed, and wanted to add a smiley face, but was she really smiling? No. She didn't have the mood, how could she possibly force it out? She wanted to type more, but she didn't know what to type. "Cool right?" "Oh my gosh I'm so excited!" OR "Sad life, isn't it?"
 
That was too absurd to type it out.
 
In fact, what she wanted to type out was, "I hope to see you again." That one simple message that could melt Suho's heart, and that was actually what people would always want when they miss that particular person that made a difference to their lives.
 
When Suho took out his phone and saw Hye Min's number, he quickly unlocked and read the message, and his shoulders soon slumped down, as he finished reading the text.
 
"Oh, alright then. Good luck, wish you all the best." Suho hesitated whether to put a smiley face at the back, and decided not to, as he sent the text.
 
When Hye Min received the text, she sighed, same goes for Suho, as they sighed at the same time, but different places.
 
-
 
Once Hye Min entered the dormitory, f(x) gathered around her and scanned her from her head to her toes."Oh.. So you're the new bodyguard? Annyeong!" Sulli beamed as she took the initiative to get to know Hye Min better.
 
Hye Min blinked in surprise and smiled, nodding her head.
 
Slowly, Hye Min was getting to know f(x) better. All of them were friendly, but Hye Min didn't feel the warmth and coziness she got from EXO-K when meeting f(x). And Sulli, (or any other particular member) was similar to Suho in many ways, but Hye Min couldn't figure out why she only smiled at Suho's jokes, and not at their jokes. Because she only knew them for a day? She don't know, she just know that whatever f(x) does and say, she could only think of EXO-K, and also only Suho.
 
-
 
At night, Suho couldn't sleep. He kept turning around on his bed, and the mind was only thinking of one person, Hye Min. And also thinking of the days they spent together.
 
Hye Min thought of Suho's friendliness, warmness she received from him at the first day of her duty. As she looked at the door, she always remembered Suho's head poking out as he asked her to come in for breakfast, lunch, dinner and almost everything. She bit her lip, thinking whether will there be another chance, seeing him poking his head out.
 
While Kai, was also unable to sleep. His phone that was beside his pillow, kept vibrating, as he frustratedly took it out and unlocked it.
 
12 messages, from the same person.
 
"Hey! I just finished my work! What about you? :)"
 
"Yah.. Are you busy? Reply me soon~"
 
"Are you that busy? At least give me a call?"
 
"Miss me? I miss you ^^"
 
"Please reply me, or I'll be worried."
 
As he read the next message, he couldn't take it and switched off his phone, then turned to one side and shut his eyes, forcing himself to sleep.
 
*I won't you let you transfer, I need you, I think..* Suho shut his eyes and wondered. What was his feelings for Hye Min? He didn't know. He wondered whether it was because Hye Min's their bodyguard, and also his, that's why he felt so secure and comfortable around her, or maybe it's another type. A type where no words can describe it, or maybe if someone describes it, it will be-sweet.
 
-
 
The next morning, it was just the usual day, but what made it unusual, was the absence of Hye Min at their door.
 
Suho would always poke his head out to greet Hye Min early in the morning without fail. and when he poke his head out, he didn't see Hye Min. *Oh yeah.. She transferred.* His heart dropped and he bit his lip, sighing and instead, he saw Soohyun sitting down, dozing off, then went back in.
 
*Why do I always have this feeling, this feeling that made me feel uncomfortable, after Hye Min left..?* Suho wondered as he placed his hand on his chest.
 
"Hyung, I find it so.. So empty, without Hye Min," Sehun pointed out as he sadly pouted and quietly ate his food, while non of the members touched their food, they had no appetite, especially Suho.
 
On the other hand, Hye Min had no problem at f(x)'a dormitory, all were nice and friendly, it was just the usual routine, just that she missed being with Suho and EXO-K. Although they met only for weeks, they bonded real quick, especially with Suho. And now without, it's hard to adapt for Hye Min's case.
 
Suho placed his chopsticks down as he stopped eating and look up. "We all feel empty without Hye Min, and this is what we have to do," Suho explained. Baekhyun followed suit as he placed (or slam) his chopsticks down. "I want Hye Min to come back, she's like a little sister to me," Baekhyun stated.
 
Chanyeol nodded. "It's like a big brother's responsibility to keep Hye Min with us."
 
"I want Hye Min to come back!" Sehun shouted.
 
"We need to do something," D.O. thought aloud.
 
"And we're gonna do it," Kai smiled, plans forming in his mind for Hye Min to come back.
 
Suho looked at Kai and nodded, smiling. "We need to have a plan."
 
-----

So so sorry guys! I actually planned to update last Thursday, and I thought I did, but actually I accidentally hid this chapter and when I found out I was like blaming myself for being so careless so yeah..

Sorry!

So here's the chapter, remember, comment, subscribe and upvote! ^^

Happy reading! :D