Moon

Protecting Angel

27.

Moon

 
"Hye Min!" Suho opened the door as he found Hye Min with yolk and lettuce stuck to her hair, and also drenched, with Jihye behind her, guilitly looking down.
 
"Hi, Suho," Hye Min forced out a smile as she walked in.
 
"What happened?" EXO-K asked as they settled Hye Min and Jihye down.
 
 
 
"It was all my fault, if it weren't for my willful behaviour, Hye Min wouldn't be in this state now. I'm sorry, Hye Min," Jihye apologized.
 
She sighed and nodded her head. "It's alright, you have said sorry lots of times on the way back."
 
"How could you be alright? Your knee is hurt because of egg shell," D.O. frowned and went into the kitchen to get a medical kit.
 
At that time, Kai ran out. "Jihye," he looked at Jihye with concern, and when he found that there's nothing wrong with her, he turned his attention to Hye Min.
 
His eyes widen in shock and he approached her closer. "Oh my gosh. Hye Min. What happened? Go bathe and get changed, hurry or you'll catch a cold!" Kai pushed her into the bathroom and shut it, then turned to look at Jihye, who was sitting down lowering her head.
 
"You happy with what you have done now? Look at Hye Min! Because of your willful behaviour, she's been.. in this state," he said sternly. "I beg you, stop being so spoilt and wildful!" Kai shouted.
He cared for Jihye, but, didn't show it.
 
He was prepared to get scolded, and he was getting ready to retaliate, but Jihye was somehow different.
 
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I'll change.." Jihye said softly, and lowered her head even more.
 
Kai was taken aback. Usually Jihye would talk back or shout at him, then stormed out because of her princess illness, but now she just lowered her head and apologized. Never once had Kai heard Jihye apologizing, and she was even apologizing to Hye Min, and also to him without anyone to force her to.
 
Wow.
 
"Kai, she's sorry, just give her a break," Suho patted his shoulder and went into his room to get some clothes for Hye Min to change into.
 
*I know, I just don't show it..* Kai thought and bit his lip. He was wondering what to do, comfort her? But then she would have the upper hand. Ignore her? But it seems bad.
Aish he had no idea what to do.
 
He just glanced at D.O. and he looked back, nodding at Kai and approached Jihye. Then, Kai went back into his room.
 
When D.O. approached her, Jihye stepped back, and bit her lip. "I'll get going soon, I won't come anymore, in case Hye Min gets hurt again," Jihye bowed and went out, never once looking up at them. She was shameful. Guilt pricking her.
 
Kai looked at her once more, before she left, then turned and went into his room again.
 
 
 
"Hye Min. Here's the spare clothes, although its men clothes, it should fit you well," Suho placed the clothes on the floor near the door of the bathroom.
 
"Alright! Thank you!" Hye Min replied as she continued bathing.
 
When she came out of the bathroom with the clothes she smiled. "Thanks Suho, do I stink?" Hye Min asked as she sniffed herself.
 
"No, now sit. I'll dry your hair," Suho patted the seat next to him.
 
"What? No. I can't let you help me dry my hair," Hye Min shook her head as she walked away, but was pulled by Suho and sat down.
 
"It's the only thing I can do for you. You helped us so much, and you're also injured because of protecting Jihye," Suho said as he took the towel from Hye Min and started rubbing her hair to dry it.
 
"Nah. It's my duty. And plus I get my salary. It's a fair deal." She looked out of the window, as she looked at the sky. It was already evening and the sun was setting.
 
"Hye Min, what if .. Your idol, is secretly dating? Like how Kai and Jihye are now?" Suho asked.
 
Hye Min pursed her lips as she thought. *What would I react? What would I feel..* Hye Min thought as she tilted her head.
 
"I'll feel, happy for them."
 
"Happy?" Suho asked once more.
 
She nodded. "As a fan, you would want your idols to be happy, when you see them happy, you would also feel happy. So when they are with the ones they want to be with, you would gladly want them to be together. E.L.F would love them dearly, and it means wanting them to be happy, and not being obsessed with them and want them to only be with them and only them, an E.L.F does not act this way. It's called obsession."
 
Suho smiled, somehow satisfied with her answer.
 
"Hye Min, let's go down," Suho dragged Hye Min without giving time for Hye Min to reply, and went down.
 
She blinked in surprise and looked at him."Suho why are we here?" Hye Min asked as he dragged her to a nearby park.
 
"There's a lot of people here, if people see you you're dead."
 
"Come on, let's rent a bicycle," Suho said as he gave his eye smile.
 
"Bicycle? I can't cycle!" Hye Min shrieked.
 
"I'll teach you then," Suho gave a small smile.
 
-
 
"Suho.. Suho I can't I can't!" Hye Min shut her eyes and shook her head.
 
"Hye Min, open your eyes, I'll behind you, you won't fall," Suho said.
 
"I can't-" Hye Min screamed as she fell flat on the hard ground.
 
"Hye Min!" Suho immediately rushed to her side as he examined her wound which was on her knee. "I'm fine.. Just a little scratch, that's all," Hye Min meekly smiled. "Aish, you're a bodyguard and you can't even cycle," Suho teased as he ruffled her hair.
 
-
 
"I'll try to be as gentle as possible alright," Suho said as he gently applied medication on Hye Min's wound and rubbed it.
 
Hye Min nodded, as she found herself slowly shifting her gaze from her wound to Suho's face. She scanned his face as she looked at him, and unknowingly, her lips curved upwards as she look at his face.
 
"Done," Suho said.
 
Hye Min quickly tore her gaze from Suho's face and looked at her wound.
 
"It's getting dark, let's go up," Hye Min said as she tried standing, but failed as she winced at the pain the wound was letting out.
 
"Let's just sit here for a while," Suho said as he gently pulled her down and sat on the sand pit, hugging his knees as he looked up at the sky, and Hye Min did the same.
 
"The moon's big tonight.." Hye Min said as she couldn't tear her gaze from the moon.
 
Suho nodded. "Bright too, shining." *Just like you..* Suho faced Hye Min, and stared at her with affectionate eyes, unable to hide the smile.
 
Hye Min hummed to a tune, finding it peaceful and relaxing as she closed her eyes and smiled.
 
"What's that song? Sounds relaxing, and smoothing too," Suho asked.
 
"I have no idea, it's just an old man playing the saxophone from the next block whenever I come home from work, and slowly I just hummed to it, I guess it's a love song?" Hye Min replied, looking at bright moon.
 
Hye Min could feel a pair of eyes, staring straight at her, and turned to look, to find Suho's face just a few inches away from her. She immediately grew hot as she moved back and coughed.
 
Hye Min awkwardly smiled and cleared , looking away. "Erm, so, that time when I was fighting with those assassins, I found 3 men that skills were similar, like I have dealt with them before, I just can't remember.." Hye Min said as she tried remembering but failed.
 
"And one more thing, there's one very special thing about the man that I took off the mask from his face, it's very familiar, I've seen it before," Hye Min frowned.
 
"It maybe a coincidence or something," Suho said causally, but inside, he was also thinking whether it was really a coincidence.
 
"It can't be, his face is really familiar," Hye Min said. "I've been digging up evidence about my mother's case, and also the person behind the assassination, but still there's no clues."
 
"Nevermind about that, just take a rest. I guess it's time to go up now, let's go," Suho said as he helped Hye Min up to her feet, and went up to the dormitory.
 
-
 
When they had their dinner, Hye Min walked back to her room and locked the door then her laptop and decided to continue searching for evidence on the net.
 
"Kim HaeIn, ex bodyguard went missing," Hye Min read the article as she scrolled down.
"25th May, 1996, Kim HaeIn, ex-bodyguard of an entertainment, reported missing by her husband after not coming home at midnight the previous day," Hye Min muttered, as she scrolled down more, but there was nothing else that were reported.
 
"15th August, 2013. Remains of Kim HaeIn found. On 15th August, the remains of Kim HaeIn, an ex bodyguard of an entertainment was found after 17 years at the bottom of the hill," Hye Min muttered.
 
"The police found a dent in the rib and believes that the deceased, Kim HaeIn, was shot, that led to her death. The murderer then buried her body underground, and left the scene. The police are still finding the murderer." Hye Min bit her lip as she scrolled down, and saw her mother's picture on the article.
 
"Omma.." Hye Min whispered as she squeezed her eyes shut and massaged her temples. How is she suppose to find out about the murderer if the police has yet to catch the murderer? Just one murder case that was made 17 years ago was hard to crack for the police, not to talk about Hye Min to find the murderer one step faster than the police.
 
And there was seriously no clues or leads. How is she suppose to find?
 
Hye Min turned off the laptop, and went the bed, dozing off as she frowned.
 
-----