Hiking

Protecting Angel

 

21.
Hiking.
 
The day was here, finally here. It was the hiking trip and both Jungin and Hye Min were excited, same goes for EXO-K, exluding Kai who was all whiny and dreading for this day to come.
 
"Everything packed?" Suho asked again as he counted the things in his backpack.
 
At this time, Hye Min's cellphone rang.
 
"Yobusaeyo? Unnie?" Hye Min greeted.
"Hye Min-ah.." Jungin  weakly said through the phone and coughed.
"Unnie, what happen to your voice?" Hye Min asked, a tinge of concern in her voice.
"Hye Min-ah, I have a fever and my throat is hurting. I'm afraid I can't go." she coughed again, disappointment could be heard in her voice.
 
She was lying on her bed, coughing as she talked with Hye Min. She was groaning and complaining weakly at how unlucky she was to be sick, while Hye Min helped out with the bags and walked out of the dormitory.
 
"Aish.. Today was suppose to be the day to finally have some girls night out.." she muttered then stood up straight, forcing out a smile. Clearing , she sighed contently. "But nevermind!" she exclaimed to sound as powerful as she could. "We can arrange for another hiking trip right? I'll be fine. Go along with EXO-K to hike, I'll be fine," she chirped, or maybe tried to chirp.
 
"Alright then, get well soon."
 
"Yes yes. I will. You don't need to worry about me. I'm serious. Don't feel sad alright? I'm really alright," Jungin said assuring, while Hye Min chuckled. "It seems like you're the one who's feeling sad unnie."
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hye Min opened the door and took out the hiking backpacks from the boot. Suho walked over to her side, and took the bags from her.
 
"For these bags," Suho said as he brought it up. "just leave it to us." He smiled assuringly and lugs the bags onto his shoulders.
 
Hye Min blinked, then smiled at him.
 
As he left to meet with EXO-K, Hye Min walked slowly behind him, staring at his figure as he walked further, and unknowingly smiled as she look at him once more, then closed the boot and catch up with them.
 
 
 
"Just a few more kilometers and we'll reach the peak," Suho said as he pointed towards the peak.
 
"Wh-who actually .. Came up with this hike-hiking plan?" Kai panted as he walked up, lagging behind.
 
"It's Dongkook, remember? He said he wanted to let us train our stamina, and besides, once we reach the peak, we'll be able to see the sunset, a beautiful one," Suho said while following Hye Min, who was in the lead.
"Train our stamina eh? More like training how to cut our lifespan shorter," Kai snorted as he paused for a moment to catch his breath, then continue walking up the hill.
"Didn't know your stamina was this great, Kai," Hye Min sarcastically said as she smirked and slowly laughed, while walking up, not even panting or pausing for once.
 
After a few hours, they were still walking up the hill, delayed mostly because of, Kai, who kept complaining, whining, groaning, panting stomping his feet, pouting and also trying to pull Hye Min back. As a result, EXO-K and Hye Min also had to stop so that they won't lose him. Basically, he did those actions that babies does, which adults find it irritating.
 
"Alright let's go," Hye Min said as she continued walking up the slope, not caring whether Kai was following as she knew once she ordered for EXO-K to go, they will definitely go.
 
EXO-K were panting much, and also sweating as they have already walked for hours and also walking under the hot sun, but it didn't affect Hye Min.
Hye Min paused, as she turned back and exclaimed, "look! The sun! The sun set! We're getting nearer to the peak! Hurry!"
 
"It's just a sunset, you can easily get it from the internet," Kai grumbled as he picked up a long firm stick to support half of his body as he walk up.
 
"We're here!" Hye Min exclaimed once more, and EXO-K arrived at the peak with Hye Min, to be greeted by the sunset. It was beautiful, or maybe even perfect. Even when Kai look up, his eyes widened in surprise to see such a beautiful sunset. It was glowing in the sky as it slowly went down, it's rays shining and shimmering out in the pink sky, which made it look like the heaven's gate.
 
"Take a picture, take a picture," Sehun reminded himself as he quickly whipped out his cellphone and took a picture of it.
 
EXO-K then followed suit, even Kai.
 
*Beautiful..* Suho thought as he took a picture of the side view of Hye Min smiling widely while looking at the sunset, then smiled at the picture.
 
She was perfect, just like the golden sun, shining so perfectly under them, protecting them.
Suddenly, their thoughts were cut off by the rustling of bushes.
Hye Min whipped her head towards the sound and frowned.
 
Kai looked at Hye Min's serious face, then back at the bushes and laughed. He smacked her stomach and rolled his eyes. "Seriously, it's just the bushes. Don't overreact."
 
Then, as Kai turned and walked towards the bushes, five men appeared behind the bushes, sending glares at Kai, while he gulped.
 
Those men wore black clothes and a cloth that covered half of their face, only seeing their eyes made Kai giddy from all those shooting glares.
 
 
 
Hye Min instinctively jumped in front of EXO-K then dropped her bag, and came face to face with 5 men, men sizes twice as big as her, but Hye Min wasn't afraid, she had to do what she needs to do-protect EXO-K.
 
The men then attacked her at once, not giving her any chance.
Hye Min fought with them, neck to neck. She attempted to grab one of them by the arm and twist it, but they didn't let Hye Min get a chance. They were fast, too fast and Hye Min was soon cornered by them.
 
Suho frowned and reached for her. "Hye Min." He said, but was stopped by Baekhyun.
Baekhyun shook his head. "Don't distract her, the Lee Hye Min who we know, won't be so easily defeated."
 
Hye Min started to panic. She looked back and saw that she was at the end of the hill. One more step back and she'll fall down the slope. Although she won't fall to her death but will be injured, severely. And she couldn't make any mistakes. Once she falls down the hill, EXO-K will be in danger. She quickly thought of the strategies her father had told her and also the moves.
 
*Come on come one.. There must be something..* Hye Min thought hard as she saw the men approaching her, taking their own sweet time, thinking that maybe that Hye Min could be dead, and just wanted her to live longer in panic.
 
*Aha! Got it!* Hye Min immediately did her stance as she ran towards one of them, the middle one. The man then instinctively defended, and Hye Min took the opportunity to go low as she bend down and ran under his arm and quickly elbowed his spine when he was off guard. As Hye Min aimed at his acupoint, the man immediately fell to the ground, feeling paralyzed all over as Hye Min hit his right nerve.
 
She then quickly tackled the other one, using the same technique. But when it comes to the last three, it seems like its ineffective. She quickly thought of a new technique, but it seems like she couldn't.
 
*Aha! Got it.* Hye Min thought as an idea popped into her head. An idea that her father didn't taught her before.
 
She quickly ran towards the third man and looked like she was aiming for his eyes. "Look out!" Hye Min quickly exclaimed as she aimed for his eyes which he then quickly used his hands to cover his eyes, and Hye Min quickly punched him in his stomach, that sent him rolling down the hill.
 
She quickly moved onto the fourth one, and did the same thing. She knew that the fourth and last would know the trick, but Hye Min also know that in order not to fall for that trick, it requires brain and also shutting down the functions of ears, which was almost impossible.
 
Hye Min exclaimed once more, about the punch his stomach and the man really defended his stomach, but got swiped down by Hye Min in the leg.
 
"Your leg!" Hye Min exclaimed at the last one, as she ran under the arm of the man and did and lock, that sent him on the ground. Then, this time, she grabbed his arm and pulled it, then twisting it which made him groan in pain, while EXO-K winced along, but Kai was the only one who nodded his head firmly and clapped.
 
She then quickly got back onto her feet and dusted her hands.
 
She then went over to the first man, who had a cloth over his mouth, covering part of his face.
"Who are you?" Hye Min took off his cloth and frowned, *He ..* Hye Min froze at the spot and stared blankly at him. Seeing that Hye Min wasn't on her guard, he scrambled to his feet and push her hard, that she lost her balance and fell down the hill.
 
Hye Min tumbled down the hill, getting dirt stuck to her clothes as she rolled down the hill.
"Hye Min!" EXO-K shouted.
He quickly stood up, with three other men as they wanted to attack EXO-K, but was held back by a voice in their earpiece.
 
"RETREAT!" 
"But sir.."
"I said retreat!" the mastermind hollered. The men had no choice but to frown and quickly disappeared.
 
The first man look at the other men, and eyed EXO-K, then quickly ran away, disappearing into the bushes.
Suho immediately look down the hill, worried for Hye Min. "Hye Min! Hye Min!" Suho shouted as he look down again.
"I'm alright!" A voice shouted back, it was Hye Min, having Suho to heave a sigh of relief.
She quickly scrambled up to her feet to see EXO-K, then put up a thumbs sign that signify she's alright.
Suho then smiled, and heaved a sigh of relief.
 
She dusted herself, frowning as she winced in pain as she held onto her arm. Injured. She pursed her lips and smiled. "Well that was better than dying or getting fractured in the neck."
 
Hye Min was walking up the hill as she dusted the dirt off her clothes and smiled at Suho and the rest of EXO-K.
 
Suddenly, she stepped onto something. The oject cracked under her feet.
 
She slightly lifted her foot up and squinted her eyes. Tilting her head, she squatted to take a closer look, and found a necklace that has a ring connected to it, and also .. 
 
 
 
Bones.
 
-----