Cover Blown

Protecting Angel

 

34.

Blown.

 
Hye Min dread for this day to come. But somehow, something in her feels the exact opposite. Something in her made her look forward for this day.
 
She stretched as she yawned and got off her bed, ready to report for duty. "Appa! I'm leaving!" Hye Min waved as she stepped out of the house, slinging her bag over her shoulder. "I'll be home soon!"
 
"Goodbye Hye Min! Stay safe!" Her father coughed, as he walked out of the door and weakly smiled, waving at her. Hye Min looked back at her feeble father, then kissed his cheek and smiled. "I'll rush back after I have resigned, alright?" She smiled, and her father nodded his head, assured.
 
 
 
"This time, when Hye Min entered the building, she went straight to EXO-K's dormitory, instead of Dongkook's office, as she walked up and pressed the doorbell.
 
Sehun opened the door and forced out a smile, waving his hand stiffly at Hye Min. "Go-good morning, Hy-Hye Min," he said. Hye Min cracked a smile and ruffled the maknae's hair and entered the dormitory. "What's wrong with you Sehun? Why are you stuttering?" she asked, the smile still on her face until she met Dongkook in the living room.
 
Her smile disappeared, and she looked at Dongkook's posture, filled with authority, but disgust too. He was sitting on the sofa, his legs crossed as he spread his arms wide. Hye Min hid her scoff as she put on a straight face.
 
She saw EXO-K, all lined up behind Dongkook, as he got up and buttoned his suit, smiling. A hideous smile.
 
"Good morning Hye Min." Dongkook greeted. Hye Min looked away, as she just greeted, "good morning."
 
"I've asked you to come to EXO-K's dormitory for a reason." Dongkook walked over to the side, as he took out a magazine and threw it on the table beside Hye Min, making sure that she was able to see. "Your cover has been blown, now everyone knows your EXO-K's secret bodyguard."
 
Hye Min's eyes widened while reading the headlines. "EXO-K secret female bodyguard, cover blown, together with Jang Jihye, secret girlfriend of EXO-K's, Kai," she read as she bit her lip and glanced at Kai, who just looked away, refusing to have eye contact with her. But she knew from reading his expressions, he didn't know either.
 
She immediately reached out for it as she flipped to the page. "Lee Hye Min, 18, has been EXO-K's secret bodyguard for the past 5 months, and was seen entering EXO-K's van in America, and also saw chasing after Jang Jihye, the model of the latest cosmetic brand, and also the secret girlfriend of Kai from EXO-K. Lee Hye Min was also seen lurking around EXO-K's building, and once, a fangirl caught her leaving EXO-K building on 24th October, Lee Hye Min was also seen running out of EXO-K's dormitory building, chasing after Jung Jihye, who was later then attacked by a group of girls-" 
 
Dongkook snatched it from her hands and tossed it into the bin. Hye Min couldn't help but glare at Dongkook. "Today, the share prices of SM Entertainment dropped, and now the capital that we have invested on EXO-K has been gone down the drain. Hye Min, your cover has been blown, we can't have you here, right now," he said apologetically and shook his head in regret and sympathy, but she knew it was just a show.
 
Hye Min actually caught a glimpse of Dongkook smirking, but he hid it real well, as he put on a straight face. "We will be terminating the contract with you now, however, it's almost at the end of the month, and you will have to work for one more week, before leaving."
 
Hye Min took in a deep breath as she her lips nervously. "I.. I actually came here, to not only report for duty, but also to give you my resignation letter."
 
Suho's eyes widened, as he saw Hye Min taking out a letter from her bag and passing it to Dongkook.
 
"So after this week, I'll be leaving," she said and zipped her bag close, looking away from Suho's eyes. She definitely knew he wants an explanation. He nodded his head. "Very well then, after this week, you're free to go, and the media will stop pestering SM Entertainment and EXO-K."
 
Before Dongkook walked out, he was again face to face with Hye Min, as he took one more glance at her, before going out. *Special girl. Too special, that she's not suppose to live, like her mother..*
 
She looked away, as she walked back to the room, not trying to catch up with EXO-K.
 
Suho's heart cringed, as he thought. Didn't Hye Min like him? Why would he leave him? He clenched his fists tightly and went into the her room, slamming the door shut as he face her."Hye Min, why? Why did you do that?" Suho asked, demanding an explanation.
 
Hye Min's back was facing him, as she looked out of the window, her heart too was cringing. She squeezed her eyes shut, holding onto her chest as she let out a deep breath. "There's nothing to say. Nothing at all."
 
"How could you resign? Do you know what this means to me?" Suho softened, as he bit his lip, his eyebrows knitted together. "There's nothing between us. Nothing at all, and even though there's something, it's already in the past," she said. Her voice was cold, and hard, which took her a lot of effort.
 
Suho shook his head, denying that was actually Hye Min's cold hard voice. He went over and looked at her straight in the eye. "How could you say that? Don't you remember the things that we did together?" he asked, his voice cracking.
 
She looked back at him, and got up from the bed, turning her back on him as she walked towards the other side of the bed. "We're from two different worlds. It's impossible between us, you're an artist, while I'm just a lowly ranking bodyguard that's going to quit my job in a week's time and never ever appearing in your life, and also EXO-K's life. The distance is too much." Hye Min looked away as she said what she needed to say. Those are the words she felt, although there was feelings, but still, she just can't be with Suho.
 
It's, scandalous.
 
Suho shook his head and clenched his fists tightly. "I don't care about these stuff! I only care about you! I can give up everything!" he shouted, as he impulsively hugged her.
 
Hye Min closed her eyes and wanted Suho to embrace her forever, but she can't. She broke the hug, holding her tears back. "Yes, it's true that you can give up everything for me, but I can't. I still have my father I need to support, and I still need to dig up evidence and let justice punish Lee Do-" Hye Min's eyes widened as immediately paused, knowing that she revealed too much.
 
Suho immediately frowned. "Wh-what did you say? What digging up evidence? What are you talking about? Is your life at risk?"
 
*Not only mine, but your life is also at stake.*
 
"What important job are you doing now? Is it risky?" Suho went over to her side as she looked away. "You're just a bodyguard, did Mr Lee ask you to do anything? I'll tell him not to-"
 
"Don't." Hye Min grabbed Suho's hand, stopping him. Her fingers interlaced with his, making Suho softened at her touch. She forced out a smile. "Suho, it's not risky," Hye Min lied, through her teeth. "Sometimes I need to do things right, I created this mess and I need to clear it up, I'm being responsible, not dangerous," she persuaded.
 
"But I don't understand why the mess can't let us be together?" he asked but she shook her head. "From the beginning we just can't be together. It's already wrong of us to be in one room, Suho. And what if we are together? Do you want it to be exposed to the media again just like how the relationship of Kai and Jihye was exposed and affected SM share prices? You're taking a huge risk Suho," she said, knocking sense into him. "Sometimes if you just want to be in a relationship, you need to think consequences of your actions and also how it affects the people around you."
 
"Your business is mine. Can't you see? I put you more than my career." Suho took the other hand, as he interlaced it with Hye Min." Hye Min looked down as her bottom lip trembled, she knew Suho has the feelings for her, and she has the same feelings for him. But what if Dongkook knows what she is doing? She has seen how Dongkook took EXO-K's life and put it at risk, and he could do the same thing to her.
 
She has to put a stop to everything, even if it needs taking her life. So what if Hye Min confesses now? What if she dies? Won't Suho be in a worse state? It's better if everything ends this way, she thought.
 
"I'm just not for you," Hye Min said with gritted teeth, everything that she is saying are all lies. Lies lies lies.
 
But she had to. 
 
"Hye Min.. You are the one, what's wrong with you?" Suho asked as he slowly lifted Hye Min's face, as he starred at her eyes, her eyes that has already tears formed in them, Suho softened at the sight of it. Hye Min stared at him, mesmerized by his eyes staring back at her, if only she wasn't just a bodyguard, if only Suho wasn't a celebrity, if only she could stare at Suho's eyes every minute, wouldn't that be great?
 
She stood there, having more tears to trickled down her cheeks, as she closed her eyes shut and let Suho kiss her. He cupped her face with one hand, as she leaned forward, and the other hand to put it at the back of Hye Min's waist, nudging her closer.
 
They could say, this was what they want to have.
 
Hye Min immediately opened her eyes and pushed him away from her. She bit her lip and fought back the tears. "Suho.. Just know, after this, we will never ever be together, again." Hye Min said in between pauses, as she had to muster up the courage for what she didn't want to say to Suho. The most hurtful think she could say to him.
 
She wiped away her tears, as she walked out of the room and closing the door shut, to find EXO-K was actually eavesdropping from the outside of the door, as they stumbled on each other and fell flat on the ground as Hye Min opened the door. She looked down, and brushed past them, and went out to guard out of the EXO-K's dormitory.
 
As she went out. All she could think was Suho, Suho Suho Suho, and the kiss they shared a few minutes ago. She looked straight at the wall as she knocked some sense into her head. What was she thinking of now. She should be thinking of how to gather evidence, and when night falls, it was the time where she had to take action.
 
"Hyung, what did you and Hye Min did in the room just now? When she came out, it seemed like she was really upset, and she didn't even scold us for eavesdropping your conversation." Sehun pouted as he asked.
 
Suho restlessly sat down, as he bit his lip and thought. "I don't know Sehun. You should know, since you were eavesdropping."
 
Sehun swallowed as he went outside and sat next to Kai and whispered, "is Hyung angry with me?"
 
Kai shook his head, looking at Suho. "He's just, worried for her."
 
-----