Matress

Protecting Angel

 

6.
Mattress.
 
Days go by as usual for EXO-K, just that Hye Min is inside, which makes Kai wanna irritate her, and ended up irritating himself. While the rest of them were alright with Hye Min, especially Suho, maybe he's the type of social friendly person.
 
"Good morning Hye Min," Suho beamed excitedly as once again he poked his head out of the door to greet Hye Min, who was sitting on the floor, sleeping.
 
*Oh yeah, forgot she didn't have a bed..*
 
Suho slowly bent down as he slightly shook Hye Min. He stared at her face for a while as he brushed some hair off her face, which startled her as she shot up and grabbed Suho's arm not knowing it was him, and slightly twisted it. "Who are you?!" Hye Min shouted, while Suho winced in pain. "It's me.."
 
Hye Min frowned as she found the voice familiar, and bent forward to see Suho wincing in pain.
 
She gasped and immediately let go of Suho, who fell to the ground with a loud thud, and he groaned. Hye Min stared at him for a while as she bit her lip. *God no.. I just started my jobnot long ago and I've already injured him..*
 
Hye Min immediately helped him up to his feet and immediately apologized. "I'm sorry Mr Kim! I'm so sorry! I thought .. I thought it was some stranger that wanted to break into the dormitory, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," Hye Min panicked as she apologized profusely and she bowed continuously.
 
At this rate, Hye Min was making a ruckus, which attracted the attention of EXO-K.
"What's the noise outside?" Kai asked as he stopped eating and went out with the others.
 
"I'm fine I'm fine, you have said a thousand of apologies, I'm really fine." Suho forced out a smile, and he massaged his arm which made him wince in pain.
 
"Hyung, what's the matter?" Kai opened the door to see Hye Min and Suho.
 
"Aish what's with you again.." Kai remarked, thinking that Hye Min would retaliate, but she just continued to apologized.
 
 
"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry," Hye Min apologized while massaging Suho's arm with ointment.
 
"I'm fine already, ah yes I want to talk to you about something-ACK!" Suho winced as Hye Min twisted Suho's arm again.
 
"Sorry, just now I kind of dislocated your arm, so I fixed it back," Hye Min sheepishly replied as she scratched her neck.
 
"It's, alright now." Suho bore the pain as he massaged his arm.
 
Suho stood up as he reached for his phone. "Ah yes, I'm planning to buy a new mattress for you so that you won't need to sit to sleep, I guess Mr Lee forgot about that."
 
"Mattress? Mr Kim, I don't need it. I really don't, it's fine with me," Hye Min shook her head profusely as she waved her hands in front of her face.
 
"Of course you need it. You'll be with us for a year, and please do not tell me you'll be at our door sleeping without a mattress for a year, don't make us look so heartless," Suho joked as he fiddled with his phone, like he was texting someone.
 
"Why would people think you're heartless?" Hye Min questioned.
 
Suho just shrugged, and continued meddling with his phone. "Rumours maybe? They spread like wildfire, and everytime getting worse. And you need the mattress, or else how are you going to have the energy to protect us?"
 
Hye Min pursed her lips and nodded. "Well you have a point there."
 
"Then it's settled. You'll be getting it by tonight."
"Tonight?!" Hye Min exclaimed as her eyes widened.
"and you don't need to guard out outside of the door, we have a spare mini room, you can just stay there, and I think it's only big enough to fit a mattress and a cupboard, that's all, I hope you can manage with it."
 
"Of course I can manage! You're so good to me! Giving me a place to sleep and eat even though I'm just a lowly ranking bodyguard, I'm already contented!"
 
"Glad you are." Suho smiled once more as he ruffled with Hye Min's hair.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Lunch time! Let's all dig in!" D.O. exclaimed from the dining room as he placed the plates on the table, and one by one all of them went to the table.
 
Suho sat, and he quickly stood up again. "Ah yes, one more person."
Hye Min was shifting her weight from her left leg to her right, then back to her left when Suho's head poked in.
 
"Mr Kim!" Hye Min greeted.
Suho waved his hand. "Stop calling me that, ah yes, join us for lunch."
"Oh I don't think it's a good-" Hye Min's stomach rumbled, should be loud enough for Suho to hear.
 
"Just join us," Suho pulled her in and started walking towards the table.
"Anyway, Mr Kim, next time you don't really have to call me, when you're finished just pass me the leftovers."
 
"And what if there are no leftovers?"
"Ah, you have a point there.."
"Next time you'll be joining us for every meal, you're our bodyguard after all, we have to treat you nicely." Suho smiled and dug into his food, before doing that, he picked a chicken and placed it in Hye Min's bowl.
"For you."
 
Hye Min looked up at him and smiled. "Thank you."
 
Kai looked at both of them, and especially Hye Min. "It seems like Suho hyung is being the servant, and not Hye Min."
 
"Kai," Suho hissed and frowned.
 
"You're not going to die if you won't speak for a minute you know," Hye Min narrowed her eyes at him and scoffed.
 
"Haven't you learnt your lesson the other day?" D.O. whispered, but it was loud enough for Hye Min to hear as they were just beside each other.
 
Kai looked down at his food and stopped retaliating, remembering about the embarrassing moment during lunch time.
Hye Min stifled a laugh as she just smiled and high dived D.O. under the table and continued eating.
 
Hye Min was getting to know them better, and could say that they're her friends, but maybe Kai can be considered as, the annoying acquaintance.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"It's here!" the delivery man shouted from the hallway, still caring the mattress with another buff man at the back, thinking that no one would knew their presence if they don't shout, but they were shocked to see a female standing outside of the mailed address, which kind of startled them.
 
"Just put it here will do, thank you."
 
The men placed it in that small mini room, that is soon going to be Hye Min's room.
 
"Ah, so nice and comfy," D.O. beamed as he sat on the mattress, bouncing up and down.
 
"Comfy? Hmm, let me try," Chanyeol went out to the living room and dashed into the room, then jumping onto the mattress, bouncing up and down.
 
"It is bouncy! I love it!" Chanyeol continued jumping up and down, seeing his hair bouncing along as he jumped.
 
"Cool! I wanna try!" Sehun exclaimed as he did the same thing as what Chanyeol did, and when Hye Min wanted to stop him, she didn't even have the time as he dashed past her and on the mattress.
 
"Don-" Hye Min buried her face in her hands as she saw Baekhyun also following suit, and she shook her hand. If they continue doing that for the next few weeks Hye Min could guarantee that she needs to change it.
 
Even if it's not going to break, the smell of feet from different type of people lingering on her mattress just spoils everything.
 
Now, there were five crazy artistes jumping on a mattress, all cramped together and jumping non stop, and also yelling as they jumped.
 
And yes, there are five members. Including Kai, excluding Suho, the matured one.
 
"Woohoo! I love this mattress!" Baekhyun exclaimed out loud, as if Hye Min couldn't hear him.
 
"Hye Min! Give me sweets! Sweets!" Chanyeol randomly shouted out, continuing to jump on the bed with his hair bouncing up and down.
"I love it! Totally love it!" Sehun beamed excitedly, as he jumped even higher, attempting to touch the ceiling.
"This party is.. Awesome!" D.O. exclaimed as he tried catching his breath without stopping to rest.
 
*This isn't even a party.* Suho thought, as he tilted his head.
"Oh boy, this is going to be a long night," Hye Min shook her head and slightly smiled, while crossing her arms.
 
"A very long one indeed. When these boys get hyper, nothing can stop them, only themselves," Suho pointed out as he smiled along with Hye Min, watching the five members getting high on Hye Min's new mattress, and jumping and yelling on the mattress like lunatics.
 
Fortunately, there wasn't a bed frame, or else it would have been broken by now by five lunatics.
 
That's something you don't see, every night.
 
-----