Faint

Protecting Angel

14.

Faint.

"Great now the the flu's here.." Hye Min grumbled and rubbed her nose, after yesterday, she has been sneezing non stop. During dinner, during supper, and even waking up to sneeze. Urgh, irritating.
 
"Hye Min, you alright? We still have the fan meet going after this recording, if you don't feel well, you can just go back to the hotel," Suho approached her, as he offered her his jacket, covering over her shoulders.
 
"I'm fine, Mr Kim, just a little cold and flu that's all," Hye Min softly smiled as she rubbed her nose. Aish, it's suppose for the manager to take care of the members, and not vice versa. Aish.
 
"Yah yah yah. If you're catching a cold, don't come any closer to me. 5 feet distance. Shoo shoo," Kai frowned as he distanced himself away from Hye Min, while she just rolled her eyes and walked away, entering the van before the rest of them.
 
"Kai you stupid pig you're responsible for her being sick after getting drenched in the rain," D.O. poked his head while he bit his lip. "I was wet too but I'm not sick. Hye Min's the one whose immune system is low, how could you blame me.." he scoffed and walked into the van.
 
Suho slowly raised Hye Min's injured hand and his eye widened in shock. "Hye Min, where's the bandage? And your injury is getting worse!" Hye Min glanced at her hand and waved her hand. "It's fine. Just infection that's all," she said and waved her hand in front of his face. "You see? It can move, I'm fine."
 
Hye Min sat in front with the driver, as she told him the location, and began to drive off.
 
On the way there, Hye Min folded her arms as she lowered her head, resting her head on her chest and dozed off, her eyes slowly fluttering close.
 
 
---
 
 
"Hye Min, Hye Min, wake up.." Suho gently shook her shoulders, waking her up and she shot up with a gasp, beads of perspiration on her forehead and she looked around.
 
"Sorry I'm so sorry I dozed off!" Hye Min quickly apologized weakly as she got out of the car. Suho wiped the sweat off her forehead and frowned. "You're sweating Hye Min," he said and touched her hand. "And your hands are hot! Hye Min, I think you have a fever."
 
Hye Min shook her head weakly. "I feel cold, how can my hands be hot? Let's go into the mall, the event is starting soon.." she murmured and closed the door, then walked off to the shopping mall, where they hosts the fan meet for EXO-K.
 
As they reached the mall, even before it started, fans were already queuing up with their boards.
 
Kai took off his sunglasses as he smiled. "Woah. This many fans? I love them all."
 
They all went backstage, as they prepare, while Kai hurriedly went to the toilet.
 
"Aish, this place is so big, I can't even find the toilet.." Kai murmured as he walked slowly to the toilet, oblivious to the fact that there was a man following him, until Kai noticed the sound of the footsteps behind him. Kai stopped and looked over his shoulder, and the man stopped in his tracks too.
 
He gulped as he turned to his front, took in a deep breath, before brisk walking into the toilet.
The man quickened his pace as he took out the knife, getting ready.
 
He turned into the toilet and frowned when he saw no one. He warily took a step closer to the three cubicles and kicked the first cubicle door opened.
 
No one.
 
He kicked the second door opened, and there wasn't anyone in there too. He smirked and approached the last cubicle, then kicked it open.
 
Kai bit his lip and held the door locked, praying hard as he heard a thud on the door and he shuddered.
 
The stranger kicked again, this time using a more force and Kai held it shut. He squeezed his eyes shut and held it firmly shut before the stranger could kick it open.
 
When the stranger attempted to kick it open again, Hye Min kicked his leg from behind, catching him off guard as he stumbled.
 
Kai slowly unlocked the door and peeked through the gap, and in a flash, he saw Hye Min Hye Min immediately grabbed his arm and elbowed his wrist and he let go of the knife. She then twisted and locked his arm before she pushed him to the wall as he groaned and shut his eyes. She knocked him out then let go of his arm, breathing heavily and she stumbled, supporting herself with the wall.
 
 
"So weak.." Hye Min weakly scoffed at Kai, who just scoffed at her, earning a frown from Hye Min.
"Tsk. Shouldn't even save you.."
Kai walked off, as he stopped, then turned his head and looked over his shoulder. "Thanks," he said, before walking off.
 
Hye Min weakly cracked a smile. "Stubborn fella.."
Just then, she felt a stinging pain shot up to her head, as she clutched her head, squeezing her eyes shut.
"Must be a headache.." Hye Min shook the pain off, as it lingered still, then slowly walked back to the venue.
 
She massaged her temples, as she slowly walked to the venue, to see the fan meet starting, and fans were screaming and waving their fan boards at EXO-K, and they gladly smiled back.
Hye Min smiled, a faint smile, as she thought, *they really love their fans a lot..*
 
Suho was busy signing his autographs for the fans, as he didn't notice how pale Hye Min was, standing in the crowd, trying to blend in the crowd, but also trying to keep a look out on suspicious people.
 
She was being pushed and shoved around by the fans, as she staggered back and forth, her eyes closing, but she forcefully opened it, as tried to keep a look out.
 
Her hands felt cold, as the warmth in her body was slowly out like a vampire.
 
"I wonder where did Hye Min go.." Chanyeol muttered as he whispered to Sehun who was beside him. Then, Suho just realized Hye Min wasn't beside them, as he wondered along with the maknae and happy virus.
 
Hye Min could hardly breathe, as she tried getting out of the crowd, and stumbled out.
 
She went to a corner, as she held onto the railing, panting as she tried breathing hardly for air. Headache, and it's a very bad one. She had to wait till the fan meet's over, and she did, painfully, as the pain in her head never left, having her to feel dizzy, and also never focus.
 
*Wonder where did Hye Min go to ..*
 
 
 
Finally, the fan meet was over, and it was already dusk, the fans slowly left, while EXO-K were backstage, packing their stuff, and every now and then, Suho would always turn to his left and right, hoping to find Hye Min.
 
*Thats strange.. Hye Min's the type that wouldn't abandon her job because of something..* Sehun's squeal broke his train of thoughts, shouting excitedly. "Did you see how many fans were there? The love we recieved from them were awesome!" the maknae squealed once again, and doing a thumbs up.
 
At that time, Hye Min came in, staggering with her pale face, as she coughed weakly.
 
She tried standing up straight, as she forced out a smile. "You guys were awesome, and now for the next item-" Hye Min landed on the ground as her hands let go of the schedule paper, and fainted, before she could even complete what she wanted to say.
 
Everyone rushed forward to her, especially Suho, who was the closest one to her, as he brought her up, and softly patted her cheek. "Hye Min! Hye Min!"
 
 
 
Suho wringed the face towel, as he took it out from the basin, and lifted her bangs, slowly putting it on Hye Min's forehead.
 
"Hyung, we have to go to the next venue now, do you want to come along with us, or you stay here and take care of Hye Min?" Baekhyun asked, with the other EXO-K members behind him.
 
"I'll stay with Hye Min in case she wakes up and wonders where we went, you guys go first," Suho said, not taking his eyes off Hye Min's sleeping figure.
 
"Alright then, we'll get going first. Hope Hye Min would wake up first."
 
Suho softened at the sight of Hye Min, frowning in her sleep, having the energy all out from her face, making her look extremely pale. If she just didn't stress herself out and ran out into the rain, she wouldn't faint, right?
 
She had been unconscious from yesterday night, till today morning, and she still have not woken up.
 
For every hour Hye Min didn't wake up, Suho would just skip that hour and continue taking care of her.
He slowly let his fingers, travel up to her face, as he slowly caressed her face, then rubbing her cheek with his thumb, softening even more.
He leaned in closer to take a closer look at Hye Min's sleeping figure, as he slightly pecked at her cheek, then resting back in his chair.
 
He sighed.
 
What was he doing?
 
The next thing Hye Min knew, she was already in the hotel, with Suho looking at her face with concern as he helped her to sit up straight.
 
Suho immediately brightened up, as he held onto Hye Min's hands. "Finally, you're awake. I was so afraid something would happen to you."
 
"Suho.. what happen?" Hye Ming giddily said, as she massaged her temples weakly, as she looked at Suho's hands that were on hers.
 
He immediately retracted, as he cleared his throat. "You fainted just now, and we just called a doctor, you fainted due to lack of sleep, and also because of headache that you got from the rain yesterday, plus the flu you had, you were very weak," he said. "And also because your injury was inflammed and had infection," he added.
 
Hye Min slowly blinked, as she nodded her head, her face still very pale. "Suho, we have to go for the next event, let's go now.." Hye Min said, as she tried getting up, but failed, and also stopped by Suho.
 
"Ssh, Hye Min, the rest of EXO-K went for the next event, and they're coming back now. It's been a few hours since they've left. I'm the only one staying here in case you need any help. Take the medicine and get some rest."
 
Hye Min didn't want to talk back, as she just nodded her head, faintly smiled. She really actually felt restless and weak and indeed, she needed some rest.
 
She laid on the bed, as Suho placed the covers over her body, and she slowly closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep.
 
Suho's eyes softened, as he gently touched Hye Min's forehead. Still hot. Very hot. "Poor Hye Min, frowning even though you're still asleep, painful isn't it?" he sighed, as he held onto her hand, letting his fingers lacing with hers, slowly carressing her hand with his thumb, then laid his head on the bed, and also falling asleep after pecking her forehead.
 
The next thing he knew, it was already evening, and EXO-K are still not back. *Wonder what's with them..*
Just then, the door opened, revealing EXO-K, who were slouching, and Sehun immediately ran to the couch and plopped himself on it.
 
"AISH! Soooo tired!" Sehun cried out as he stood up to stretch, and fell back onto the couch again.
 
"Shh. Hye Min's sleeping," Suho immediately frowned and placed his fingers to his lips.
 
D.O. walked over, as he touched her forehead, "not as hot as before, that's good."
Kai placed his hand on Suho's shoulder. "Hyung. You must be tired, we'll take of her now, get some rest." He patted his shoulder, but Suho shook his head and said, "I'm still worried for Hye Min."
 
"Suho Hyung, all 5 of us can take care of her, if you really insist, just lie on the sofa, you've taken care of her for the day, you need to rest too," D.O. debated.
 
Suho sighed, as he nodded his head, then rested on the sofa, looking at EXO-K, taking care of Hye Min. Seeing them so serious and concerned, it made Suho believe in them and trust Hye Min to be taken good care by EXO-K.
 
"Sehun, go refill the water, then put it on Hye Min's forehead. Kai go take the pills out when Hye Min's awake, give it to her, Baekhyun hyung, Chanyeol hyung, come with me to the kitchen, we'll make porridge for her when she's awake," D.O. instructed each and everyone of them. Being called the mother of EXO-K, he really deserves it.
 
When Sehun was helping out in the kitchen, Kai saw Suho's sleeping figure, as his head was bobbing up and down slowing, as he shifted his gaze to Hye Min whose eyebrows were knitted together, making him frowned too.
 
He walked over to her bedside, as he sat down on the chair, then checked her temperature, touching her forehead.
 
Then, he placed his thumb in between her eyebrows, then slowly rubbing it, hoping it would stop her eyebrows from furrowing, and instead it furrowed even more.
 
He started to panicked and he quickly stopped, sitting there, looking left and right anxiously, then quickly used both hands and gently pressed it at her eyebrows, hoping that would stop her from frowning, but in the end it woke her up, as she slapped his hands away weakly, then opening her eyes, groaning.
 
The first thing she saw, was Kai's frantic face, but was quickly covered up by his poker face, looking away.
 
"K-Kai?"
 
He turned, as he nodded his head. "You finally called me by my name eh?"
"Why are you here? Aren't you suppose to be at the event? What time is it now?"
"We've just came back. It's already 8. Get up, take your medicine," Kai said, as he slowly helped Hye Min to sit up straight with the pillow behind her back.
 
Hye Min reached out for the pills, but Kai immediately hid it behind.
"Yah. What are you doing? Give it to me," Hye Min coughed as she stretched out her hand.
 
He shook his head. "You can't. You're sick. I have to feed you."
 
"What? How can you feed me pills?" Hye Min questioned, puzzled. "I'm sick but not retarded."
 
*Oh yeah..* Kai thought, then gave it to Hye Min, while she eyed him and drank the water.
 
Then, Baekhyun came out from the kitchen, as he slowly walked over to Hye Min's bedside, holding the porridge in his hand.
 
Hye Min again reached out, but Baekhyun shook his head, as he took a spoonful and blew it, then smiled at Hye Min, before shoving the spoon into .
 
"Hyung! You're not supposed to shove it into like that!" Kai hissed as he frowned. That Baekhyun's too rough.
 
"Ah, Mianhae." Baekhyun apologized, as he took one spoonful, blew it, then reaching out, waiting for Hye Min to open and eat it.
 
She slowly leaned forward, as she looked left and right, before slowly taking a spoonful.
"You know, I'm not crippled right? I can eat. I have hands."
"No you don't. You're our patient you have to obey us," Baekhyun said sternly, as he took a spoonful from the bowl again.
 
She rolled her eyes and cracked a smile, then leaned forward again to take a bite.
 
She didn't know EXO-K would be so warm like this. It's like having a big family to take care of her in times of need. They take care of her, she protects them. Kind of fun.
 
Maybe this could be a blessing in disguise for Hye Min. She found a second family, being able to feel warmth, even from that poker face Kai.
 
And Suho would always be caring and loving.
 
-----