Lee Dongkook

Protecting Angel

 

38.
Lee Dongkook.
 
As EXO-K walked closer in a single file, they were walking pass her, as she pressed her back on the box, waiting for them to pass her. As Sehun was the last one who passed her, she quickly grab hold of him and pulled him down, then quickly covering his mouth, muffling his screams.
"Shh! Sehun it's me, Hye Min!" she hissed as she slowly let her hand down.
"Hye M-!"
"Shh! Not so loud!" 
 
"Where Sehun? Kai asked as he turned back, to find Sehun missing.
He walked back, to find Sehun and Hye Min sitting down as they hid themselves behind the wooden boxes.
"Hye Min!" Kai shouted as Hye Min mentally face palmed herself. Great now everyone knows she's here.
"Hye Min?" The rest of EXO-K gathered round her.
 
As she was about to explain, the door once again flung open, making creaking noises as it opened, to reveal Dongkook, but no signs of assassins.
 
Dongkook's eyes widened at the sight of EXO-K in the warehouse, but quickly remained calm, as he calmly walked towards them. He didn't see Hye Min, fortunately.
 
"What brings you here, EXO-K? Shouldn't you be in the recording studio? Or training?" he asked politely, while EXO-K stared at him blankly, wondering why is his presence here, while Kai let out a scowl.
 
 
"We know what you did, Lee Dongkook, I've known what you have done to EXO-K," Hye Min spoke up as she stood up, and walked out to face him. "This is the place where you meet the assassins, am I right?" 
Dongkook smirked, as he turned back to face Hye Min and EXO-K. Suho's eyes widened in shock as he blinked. Did Dongkook just, smirk? Evil smirk?
 
"Very smart, but you won't live long. So why did the trouble, as to find out the truth, but end yourself in deep soup? Now, not such a smart girl eh?" Dongkook shook his head and wagged his finger at them. EXO-K looked back at the two of them, both of them sending glares at each other, exactly like what foes do.
 
They knew that Dongkook was a bad guy, but what did he do to be considered as a bad guy?
 
Hye Min couldn't contain her anger as she clenched her fists tightly and glared at him. "You were the one who killed my mother at the hill, and that's why the button of your coat was dropped, years ago, where I suspected that you were the one behind it. Not only because of that, because you covered up the fact that you lied to Suho, and plus the resemblance of 3 assassins that I battled with during the interview and stances, I knew you were the one behind it." Hye Min fit all the doubts and evidence in perfectly, and she really convinced everyone.
 
EXO-K's mind went blank. What did she just say?
 
They blinked at Hye Min's statements as the words went into their minds, slowly digesting what she said.
 
"I get it now." Sehun stepped out as he pointed a finger at Dongkook. "You wanted to transfer Hye Min out, because you find her a threaten to your plan. You think that since she could spar with the assassins, she can protect all of us, and your plan of trying to hurt us, and let the share prices of SM plunge would fail," Sehun explained, as he placed bits and pieces of it together.
Finally for once, that maknae could solve more than just a jigsaw puzzle.
 
He clasped his hands together and attempted a high five with Chanyeol while the happy virus just whacked his head. "Are you crazy? We're about to die and you're here celebrating that you finally understood everything? Come back here," he hissed and pulled the maknae to the side, shielding him from Dongkook.
 
"And because of that, he hired Jungin to protect EXO-K, even though she wasn't the first in the competition for the interview of hiring a bodyguard he insisted on hiring him. He wanted EXO-K to be hurt." Hye Min pointed a finger at Dongkook, while he just rolled his eyes, showing no sense of remorse.
 
"And I bet that you were the one who exposed Hye Min that she's our secret bodyguard to your great friend who's the chief editor of Tabloid, and the fake bomb at the restaurant in America. And even wanted to hurt me individually when I was going to the toilet," Kai pointed out, crossing his arms. "And that was when you find Hye Min a threat."
 
Baekhyun shook his head and sighed. "Initially you didn't want to hurt us, the fake explosion at the restaurant was just to scare us, but then you started to have assassins, to hurt us and even-"
 
"Once you get hurt, SM share prices would plunge even more, that's why I try to hurt you whenever I can, that's to my advantage. And when I knew that Hye Min was my niece I believe she will at least let me off because we're kind after all, but it seems like it's not the case," Dongkook cut Baekhyun off, fixed his suit and snickered, earning a scoff from everyone.
 
"But, why?" Suho stepped out, shaking his head, puzzled at what Dongkook has done. Suho could say that Dongkook was his second father, or godfather during his time in SM. He didn't understand why Dongkook did all of these. For the sake of money? It's likely possible, but really because of that? For all those years, Suho really couldn't believe it.
 
"Well, apparently, yes. I've been treated like a slave. I'm the manager of the company! But no one gives me respect! I've been treated worse than my position, it's not suppose to be like this!" he shouted. "And once, I discovered, when I buy a large amount of share prices on SM, when the stocks rises, I'll sell it off at that time, before it plunges real hard. I started planning it, from the start where I climbed to where I am, and with Kai to complain to my superior which is his aunt, I definitely won't be able to stay in this seat forever. Then from there, I'll invest the money on my newly company, won't that be perfect?" Dongkook turned his back on them, as he placed his hands behind, smirking as he thought.
 
"Then, I can slowly buy out SM, then it's like getting rid of the first company, it'll benefit my company."
 
"Is it really, because of that?" Suho asked once again. He his lips nervously, as the word worried was written all over his face. He slightly trembled, as he gulped, waiting for his answer. He knew this guy not today, but over years. He's been facing the same old guy for years and yet he never once suspected him being a bad guy. Forcing Suho to even think of Dongkook as a bad guy would actually be hard for him.
 
Dongkook turned to face Suho, smirking at him, only him. "Well yes Suho. I didn't know you would trust me so much, I only treat you as one my puppets. Ah yes, one more thing. Because of him," he pointed at Kai, earning everyone's attention. Kai blinked as he pointed a finger at his face. "Me?" he asked, having a puzzled look on his face.
 
Dongkook slightly softened, but he kept that glare and ruthless face straight, as he explained. "Well, because of Kai. That Kim Jongin. Even though he was only a trainee back then, he was such a playboy, such a flirt. That when I was watching Kai, training to be a singer, when my daughter would visit me from time to time, always bringing me lunch as I was too busy and often forget about my lunch. Until my daughter was visiting me everyday, then I found that there was something wrong. I noticed how my daughter would always blush when Kai gets near me to review his dance, and how they usually talk when I'm not around. They were around the same age, and I knew that Kai was a playboy, I tried to stop my daughter but she won't listen, and even protected Kai," he spat.
 
Kai's eyes looked left and right, as he found 6 pairs of eyes staring at him, as he gulped and cleared his throat. D.O. nudged him and squinted his eyes. "Kai, be honest, is he speaking the truth?" he asked while Kai scratched his head. "Not really.."
 
"This Kai, was a playboy, and after 6 months, he dumped my daughter. At that time, he was already with two other female trainees, do you know how he two timed my daughter? As a father, I couldn't just let my daughter get hurt! It'll just hurt yourself! I wanted Kai to pay, that's why when I put him in EXO-K, I always ordered him to do harsh stuff, and not asking other members. I wanted to make his life like hell for dumping my daughter," Dongkook said with hatred.
 
"It's just a fling," Kai said causually while D.O. shot him a look.
 
"To my daughter, it's not! Do you know how you hurt her? Ever since then, she's been locking herself in the room, for 2 years! Two years straight from where you dumped her! It's her first relationship with a guy, and the guy just treated it as a fling. How do you think my daughter would feel towards men now? She'll find them not trustable! She'll even find me not trusted! My daughter is the apple of my eye, I can't he'd let her suffer alone. I want you to suffer with her," Dongkook pointed a finger at Kai, as he glared at him, his love for his daughter could be seen in his hatred for Kai, very obvious.
 
Dongkook's voice trembled, as he continued. "And.. And she even went autistic! She didn't talk to anyone, ad even if she talks, it's just a few sentences. Because of the relationship, she even tried committing suicide. She put her life in danger! I just can't let this go, I can't!"
 
"That is also why, I tried sabotaging your relationship with Jihye. I even tried to hurt her, you get it now?" Dongkook smirked once more, as he looked up, dreamily walked around. Hye Min gulped, as she looked at Dongkook, and his love for his daughter. Somehow, she sympathized with him, having a daughter being ruined by just a guy that she hardly knew, it's really absurd and ridiculous, but true.
However, a crime's a crime. He has to face the music.
 
"But that doesn't mean you could harm him! And why did you even kill my mother?!" Hye Min shouted.
 
Dongkook just shook his head sadly, sighing out loud. "Well because she was in my way to success. I know her secrets, but she know mine too. All what I have done, starting from where I entered SM, then slowly climbing up, bribery, embezzling, even killing my father, she knew everything." Dongkook glared at Hye Min, not showing any remorse or guilt, to killing HaeIn, while Hye Min just shook her head frowning, tears rolling down. She couldn't believe this person standing in front of her was this cold blooded, and to even believe, that's her uncle.
 
"She was just courting her death." Dongkook snickered in disgust. "She followed me to the hill, where I was about to do a deal with the people underworld, I was wanting them to help me laundering, and then embezzle the money I took from SM, while she found out, and what to do? I killed her," Dongkook shrugged his shoulders. To him, a live wasn't important as money.
 
"I just shot her, and she died. Back then, I was so frightened, that I just dugged the ground and threw her body in, never would I have thought her body was exposed, 17 years later. I should have done a cleaner job, and shot her a few more times, people like her just deserved to die a horrible death."
 
"You murderer!" she shouted, and Kai quickly held her back before she even tried charging towards him. Dongkook whipped out his gun, making everyone step back from him. "You can't do anything else. Any last words before I shoot every single one of you?" Dongkook asked evilly, as he pointed at the gun at Kai first.
 
"I'll first kill Kai, then one by one, and lastly, Suho. I'm so sorry, but you know my secret you have to die, but I'll let you live longer than the rest of them, that'll be the best I can do." Dongkook said. "As for you, Hye Min," he now pointed the gun at Hye Min. "You'll be the second last to die, after all, you're my niece, but still, you were the one who created the trouble, you got to die." Dongkook stepped closer to them, clenching his teeth as he attempt to fire at them, but quickly dropped his gun as a bullet hit his hand.
 
"Police!"
 
Dongkook immediately reached out for Suho, as he grabbed hold of his neck, walking backwards to another gate that led to the exit of the warehouse.
 
"You've been surrounded! Don't hurt anyone Lee Dongkook!"
 
"I will never lose! I still have my daughter! And the company! Now let me go! Or else your pretty boy Suho will die," Dongkook smirked, as he grabbed hold of a motorbike that was placed beside the back entrance of the warehouse.
 
"Give up Dongkook and let Suho go! Don't hurt him!" Chanyeol hollered.
 
"Dongkook you're crazy! Let Suho go now!" Hye Min shouted as she attempted to dash towards him.
 
"One more step and I'll wring his neck off," Dongkook's grip on Suho's neck tightened, as he bit his lip, choking as he gasped for air. Hye Min's eyes widened in shock as her breath shortened. She could hardly breathe, and that was when she felt that feeling again. The feeling when she found her remains of her late mother. That feeling where she felt she lost her loved one. That regret feeling, and it seemed like it was going to happen again.
 
She can't. She can't let that happen again.
 
She remembered in her dream when she saw her mother, a blurry vision of her mother, and if she were able to see her mother again, she would repeat only one sentence. If I were given a second chance, I would have always stayed by your side and never let you go.
 
 
The police backed down, as they slowly went back, while Dongkook got on his motorbike, then sped off, before dropping Suho to the ground. "We let him got away!" Kai muttered as he stomped his foot. "It's alright, what matters now is Suho," D.O. said as Hye Min immediately ran forward to Suho.
 
"Suho! Are you alright?" Hye Min reached out for Suho, as she scanned him, up and down, holding his shoulders firmly.
 
"I'm fine-"
 
Suho got cut off by Hye Min's hug, as she closed her eyes, calming her nerves. A tear rolled down her cheek as it rolled down, swift and silent.
 
"You scared me. I thought I would never see you again. The image of you being strangled by Dongkook, it was really horrifying, I don't know why, but it was."
 
Suho smiled, as he her hair, calming her down.
 
"Everything's fine now, Hye Min." Suho broke the hug, as he stared into her eyes, straight.
"Don't go. Come back to the dormitory with me, and EXO-K, alright?"
 
Hye Min couldn't care about anything else, as the image of Suho being strangled by Dongkook was played again. Horrifying much. And if Dongkok comes back again, she would have regretted not spending enough time with Suho.
 
She nodded her head.
 
She couldn't care about whatever status she is, she didn't care whether they're from two different worlds now. All she cared was the safety of Suho, that's all that matters.
 
 
 
 
 
"Aish, I shouldn't have promised you that. What was with me just now.." Hye Min blamed herself, as she looked up at Suho who was smiling at her.
 
They were snuggling close together on the sofa, watching TV in the middle of the night while the rest of EXO-K members were already asleep, or maybe were trying to avoid being a gooseberry.
 
"Hmm I don't know Hye Min, someone just came and hugged me, and that girl just said yes to come and stay with me in the dormitory-"
 
"How can you be so mean Suho," Hye Min pouted as she wrinkled her nose at Suho, then lightly hitting his chest as she snuggled even closer to him. "It's winter, I of course have to snuggle close to you," she whispered. While Suho just nodded his head, grinning non stop. Hye Min snuggled closer, tilting her head while tapping her chin. "What's the time now?" Hye Min asked as she tried sitting up to look at the clock, but was held by Suho.
 
"Aish as a bodyguard you must have a watch, and you always lost track of time, at the end we have to go out of the dormitory to call you in for lunch, I should consider buying you a clock eh?" Suho joked as he pressed his lips onto her forehead.
 
Hye Min closed her eyes and smiled. 
You ask me how deep my love is for you
How much I really love you
My affection is real
My love is real
The moon represents my heart
 
You ask me how deep my love is
How muchI really love you
My affection does not change
My love is not different
The moon represents my heart
 
 
She smiled as she looked up at the moon. "So now you're confessing?" Suho smiled widely, wiggling his eyebrows at Hye Min while she just rolled her eyes at him. "Yeah yeah. So next time, sing it to me with your angelic voice alright?"
 
Suho tapped his chin, thinking. "How about singing to you every night?" Hye Min nodded her head vigourously, her eyes lit up. "That would be great! Now sing it to me!"
 
"You haven even taught me .."
 
"Fine fine fine, I'll teach you alright? It's like this.." Hye Min began singing the song, while Suho picked up the lines fast, as she led him to the balcony, smiling brightly as Suho sang the song to her.
 
She smiled at the full moon, closing her eyes as she enjoyed Suho's melodic voice and the breeze blowing.
 
"I've never felt like this before," Hye Min mumbled, still closing her eyes enjoying, while Suho stopped, and looked at her. "What do you mean?"
 
Hye Min slowly opened her eyes, smiling up at the moon, then taking in a deep breath. "I've never ever experienced, having to look at the moon, and having to hear the song, that exactly fits into the mood." Hye Min smiled, and faced him. "Do you know, actually my wish is just to enjoy just one day in Japan, to just look at the moon. I've heard that the moon in Japan is extremely big, especially in Tokyo! I really really want to experience in it!" Hye Min exclaimed, the more she talked about it, the more excited she was, those eyes litting up excitedly, and also making Suho's heart flutter.
 
"Then next time, I'll bring you there, together with EXO-K." Suho replied, while Hye Min beamed happily, nodding her head, then continued looking at the moon, admiring and appreciating it every second, in case she won't be able to appreciate it in the future, suddenly having her future to be all black, not even a single light shining on her.
 
They both watched the moon in silence, and Suho turned to look at her, and slowly turned Hye Min to face him. He slowly grabbed her waist with one hand, while slowly leaning forward, and Hye Min just stayed where she was, smiling and closed her eyes, pressing her lips against his, her back pressed on the ledge of the balcony. *Christmas is coming, and I just hope to spend this blissful day with you.* Suho thought, all he could feel was happiness.
 
The first kiss he had was bitter, as both of them were frustrated, not having the time of their lives to be together, but this kiss was the total opposite. The kiss that was filled with happiness and sweetness, what they really wanted.
 
-----