Mother

Protecting Angel

 

22
Mother.
 
Suho couldn't find Hye Min, like she disappeared, and was balancing at the tip of his toes, trying to find Hye Min.
 
Hye Min squatted down, as she took a small tree stick and poked the bone, then moved the leaf that was blocking her vision.
 
It then dawned uponed Hye Min as she clearly knew that those are, human bones.
*Oh god, somebody just died here..*
 
She looked more into it, pushing leaves away as she found more bones, then in the middle of the bones, she found something dusty and rusty.
 
She peered even closer, as she examined the object, it looked like a ring, or it's actually a ring. And the thing is, Hye Min found it especially familiar, like she had seen it before, but she didn't know where. She was so lost in her thoughts, that she didn't know that Suho was calling out for her name.
 
"Baekhyun, I'll go down to look for Hye Min, all of you, stay here," Suho ordered as he slowly walk down the steep slope, holding onto one branch and another as he walk down, to prevent him from falling if he loses his step.
 
*It looks familiar.. It looks exactly like.. Dad's.* Hye Min thought as she snapped her fingers.
 
"It's the same ring," Hye Min whispered and swallowed. She knew only two people in this world could have have it, because her it was her mother who engraved their names on it. "Which means.." Hye Min's voice trailed off, as she knew who's it would belong. She used the tree stick, and picked it up, then looking at it closely, and saw the name engraved on the ring.
 
She stared at it emotionlessly, and fell down as she dropped the ring.
It didn't belong to her father, but her father's wife. Her mother. Her own mother, the mother she was looking for for all these years.
 
Kim HaeIn. Her mother's name, was engraved on it, by her father.
 
She couldn't believe it. She was searching for her mother since she disappeared, which was 17 years ago, and now she found her, not alive, but dead, and her remains were left here in the wilderness. She wanted to know how her mother died, there was hundreds or thousands of possibilities how she died. Like being eaten by wild animals, being chased after thieves or robbers and got killed, dying of hunger and many more.
 
She felt that she let her mother down, somehow. Her mother was here, for 17 years, and yet no one ever found her. She could have searched the mountains, as she remembered when she was young, her parents told her that before she was born, they would always hike together and she yet didn't think of going to hills to find her.
 
She mentally broke down, as she dropped everything and just froze. She didn't care about anything, she just wanted to, cry. The tears trickled down, and she didn't bother wiping it even though it was itching her. Her bottom lip trembled, and she just stared at the ring, squeezing her eyes shut and just let tears flow down.
 
Suho softened at the sight of her sobbing. This Hye Min who could kill a lion, was actually having such a vulnerable sight of her. He slowly went to her side, and patted her shoulder, while she didn't react, and just sat there emotionless.
 
Suho just didn't know what to do, and he could only wrap his arms around Hye Min from behind, and her
 
Suho closed his eyes and comforted Hye Min, even though he didn't know what actually happened that made Hye Min so miserable, until he saw the ring that shimmered and caught his attention, and he squinted his eyes and saw a female name engraved on the ring, knowing that the person's name on the ring must have an important place in Hye Min's heart.
 
He wanted to share the pain with Hye Min, he wanted to know everything, the reason behind of Hye Min's tears and the reason behind the ring, but he didn't dare to ask any further.
 
Silently, staying there still, only Hye Min's sobs could be heard. 
 
Hye Min let go of her knees and hugged Suho, wrapping her arms around his waist she buried her face into his chest and let it all out, leaving tears on his shirt. She didn't know why she wanted to hug him back, it's like, she could feel a sense of security whenever she's around him, like he could protect her, despite not being able to fight and defend himself.
 
"Su.. Suho," she said shakily, catching every breath she could take in, and she let out a shaky breath. "Omma, omma's dead." And that was when she found out, once she said those words, she really knew it was reality, and reality is having her mother to be dead. Suho nodded his head. "I understand you Hye Min, I understand.."
 
For the impatient Kai, just two minutes was already long, as he grumbled and slowly went down, to see Hye Min crying in Suho's shirt, while he just closed his eyes, and her hair, and he looked up to see Kai that was looking puzzled.
 
'Her mother's dead.' Suho mouthed as he continued to rub her back and hug her, nothing else.
 
 
 
 
 
"This is such a disaster," Sehun frowned, as he sat in the car with EXO-K, going back to the dormitory. While Hye Min was to stay back, and identify whether the deceased was actually her mother. She prayed hard that it wasn't. Like, the person was actually holding onto her mother's ring, as he could have robbed her and die there, eaten by wild animals, while her mother is still out there.
But sadly, no. This is reality. 
 
*Wonder how's Hye Min doing..* Suho wondered as he look out of the window. He saw the vulnerable side of Hye Min, the side that Hye Min hardly shows it, and EXO-K saw it.
 
*I hope Hye Min's fine..* Kai thought. Hefelt a sense of responsibility in him, to protect the vulnerable Hye Min, and also help her. He had never felt this way before, till Hye Min came, and change him, and his attitude.
 
Actually, everyone treats her like a little sister when she first came in, and Hye Min could also feel the warmth she received from them, especially Suho, but Suho's concern and warmth was beyond sisterly love.
 
"Mr Lee! So how is Hye Min now?" Suho asked Dongkook on the phone, and Dongkook felt a little upset, but continued to stay positive. "I guess it'll be done soon, in the mean time, I'm going to give Hye Min some time off so that she can clears her mind, and also, her mother's funeral."
 
Suho then sighed, thoughts overtaking his mind, and all of the thoughts were about Hye Min.
Hye Min Hye Min Hye Min.
He could only think of Hye Min now.
 
*I hope you're fine Hye Min, everyone's worried for you, especially me..* 
Kai say down on the chair emotionlessly, and he took out his phone as it vibrated.
 
"Where are you? Miss you."
He took his time to think and type, after what happen to Hye Min, he couldn't think properly.
 
"I'm in the dormitory."
 
"I miss you, you miss me?"
 
Kai swallowed. He really wasn't in the mood now. He locked his phone and went into the room, while the rest of them were restless, and weren't in the mind to do anything.
 
Suho got up from the couch, and went out of the dormitory without telling any of the EXO-K members.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Appa.." Hye Min hugged her father as she reached home. She missed her father so much, and now that she found out that her mother is gone, she cherishes her father even more.
She sobbed and cried on her father's shirt, now without the presence of Suho and EXO-K, she felt that there was 6 people less to rely on.
 
"Appa, did you actually know that.. Mother, is already dead..?" Hye Min mustered up her courage and finally said it. While she was on the way back, she wondered if her father actually had already knew about her mother's disappearance. She wondered whether he had already known, and wanted to keep quiet all along, and kept changing subject whenever Hye Min brings up the question, and today, she will finally be getting the answer, the one and only answer, after 17 years.
 
She finally wanted got the answer to her question, but she didn't know that the answer was so harsh, so cruel towards her. That feeling made her wanted to turn back the time.
 
If she had another chance, to be honest, she wanted never to find out her mother was dead, and instead, wanted her to be somewhere in this world alive. Even though she won't be seeing her mother again, that's better than having to know that the second closest kin to her is dead, isn't it?
 
"Appa.." Hye Min begged.
 
He looked away from Hye Min's eyes, and shut his eyes. Taking in a deep breath shakily, he nodded his head reluctantly. "Yes."
 
-----