Something Wrong

Protecting Angel

28.

Something Wrong.
 
"Hello? Hi Madam Shin. Oh, you're on leave? .. What?! Appa's sick?!" Hye Min shouted as she shot up from her bed.
 
"Can't you cancel your leave, please?" Hye Min begged. "You can't? Your grandson's sick? Such a coincidence. Alright then.. I'll try to squeeze time to take care of him.. It's alright, bye," Hye Min sighed as she closed her phone.
 
She groaned as she fell back onto her bed.
 
-
 
"Lee Hye Min, you may go in," te secretary said and Hye Min knocked on the door. Before she could knock, the door was opened, and she saw a familiar face. That familiar face.
 
Hye Min's eyes widened as she looked at the person that came out of the office. If her eyes weren't playing tricks on her, Hye Min actually saw the assassin, the assassin that pushed her off the hill. Before she could react, the man glanced at her and hurriedly ran.
 
*Isn't that the assassin who pushed me off?* she thought, blinking. 
 
"Hye Min?" Mr Lee asked, and he snapped Hye Min out of her thoughts.
 
Hye Min immediately came back to her senses and she sat down. "Sorry Mr Lee, but can I take, two weeks leave?" Hye Min pleaded as she sat down to face Dongkook.
 
As Hye Min saw Dongkook hesitating, she flustered. "Just two weeks! I need to take care of my father! He's sick! Just two! Two only!" Hye Min shut her eyes as she prepared herself to be lashed out by Mr Lee.
 
"Alright then, two weeks it is, that includes today right?" Mr Lee causally said, which made Hye Min surprised.
 
"You're, not mad at me?" Hye Min asked as she was puzzled. She was curious why Mr Lee would grant her two weeks leave, she had already taken off one week for her mother's case, and now two weeks? Seriously?
 
He shook his head, faintly smiling. "Currently, EXO is fine for now, you don't need to worry about anything."
 
"Alright then! I'll pack my stuff and go home! Thank you so much Mr Lee! Thank you!" Hye Min beamed as she skipped out of the room, and before that, she turned around wanting to ask a question.
 
Before she opened , Dongkook beat her to it. "Ah yes, EXO-M is back too. They're just one floor above EXO-K's dormitory. I think they would stay for at least a month or two, so when you're back, you would have to double the work," he said and Hye Min immediately nodded. "It's alright with me. Giving me two weeks off is what I need, and I wouldn't dare defy." She smiled, and then, she immediately forgot what she wanted to ask Dongkook.
 
"Hye Min! Where are you going?" Suho asked as he entered Hye Min's room, and found Hye Min packing some of her belongings into a bag.
 
"I'm on leave for two weeks because my father's sick and the nurse taking care of him is on leave, so I just need to be there," Hye Min explained as she continued packing. "I gotta go! See you!" Hye Min rushed out of the room and out of the dormitory.
 
"Bye.." Suho's shoulders slumped as he whispered a goodbye, but Hye Min was already gone.
 
"Let's go Suho Hyung! We need to pick EXO-M up!" Sehun beamed as he knocked on the door.
 
"Alright then, let's go, Hye Min's not coming, she has taken leave.." Suho whispered as he walked out of the room, like he has been completely drained out.
 
 
 
Hye Min ran into her house and immediately ran into the bedroom. "Appa! Hye Min exclaimed as she engulfed him in a hug.
 
"Hye Min," her father smiled and greeted as he her hair and coughed.
 
"Appa, what happen?" Hye Min worriedly asked. He weakly smiled. "I'm alright, just fever that's all. Aish that Mdm Shin didn't really need to exaggerate that much.."
 
"But still, Appa, you're still weak. Now, take your medicine and rest alright? I'll take care of the place," Hye Min lifted her father as she held him and moved him to the bed after taking the medicine.
 
And when that was done, she had to take care of the messy place. The house. Her house.
 
She took in a deep breath and let out a loud sigh. Then began cracking as she clasped her hands together, giving herself an encouraging nod.
 
She sort out the magazines, putting them at the appropriate place, and then followed by ironing, washing and folding the clothes nicely.
 
When everything else was done, she packed the photo albums nicely. And when she was packing, a photo dropped out and Hye Min picked it up.
 
She dusted and wiped it clean. And when she was about to put it back into the photo album under the name of "family", she found the man in the photo familiar. Very very familiar. Not her father, but someone who resembles her father. And as she turned to see the back of the photo, her eyes widened as she dropped the photo on the ground. She froze right at her spot and gulped.
 
The name at the back of the photo was Lee Dongkook. Her father's brother, and her employer, the manager of EXO-K.
 
"How.. How can that be.." Hye Min muttered as she sank into the sofa, frowning.
 
Something was wrong. Very wrong, and also confusing. So many things were happening all within a few days, or a few weeks. She found her mother's remains at the hill, where Dongkook arranged for them to go, she saw one of the assassins walking out of Dongkook's office hurriedly, and even though it was just a glimpse, she could obviously remember the person that pushed her down the hill. And her father's brother is Dongkook, her uncle. Everything was linked to him. Something's wrong about him. Terribly wrong. Hye Min's instincts told her.
 
Everything was linked to Dongkook, and when all three things happened within a period of time, it's not just pure coincidence, it's intentional.
 
"Wait a second.." she stopped her mind from guessing too much. She blinked and bit her lip, analyzing every detail. "Appa knew Dongkook was his brother, and yet he didn't tell me, and Dongkook knew I was his brother's daughter, and yet he didn't tell me, there was something on between the both of them, something wrong. What is going on with the two of them.." she murmured, letting her mind think freely.
 
 
 
"Suho, what's wrong?" Kai asked while sitting next to him in the car.
 
They were on the way to the airport to fetch EXO-M, as they were coming back for promotions.
 
Sehun was the one most hyper as he would be able to see Luhan, his best friend. And the thought of him, made Sehun squeal and shout in the car.
 
"I don't know, Kai. Whenever Hye Min's not with me, it seems like, I would feel so empty and I feel so insecure," Suho shifted in his seat uncomfortably. "Kai, I'm so confused," he said, frowning.
 
"Feeling empty? Confused?" Kai repeated. He pondered for a moment, then he laid back in his seat, nodding his head. "I think I know what's with you."
 
"What?"
 
"You're in love. In love with Hye Min."
 
-----