Warm

Protecting Angel

 

5.
Warm.
 
"Kai, you're being quite bad to Hye Min you know," Chanyeol frowned.
"She's a bodyguard, protects us from danger." Baekhyun added.
"Please be nicer to her, Kai," Suho begged.
 
"Relax,  I'm just not used to her that's all," Kai replied as he looked away and dug into his food, which D.O. then snatched it away, having Kai's eyes to widened in surprised.
 
"Yah. Give it to me," Kai argued with food in his mouth as he stretched out his hand for his food.
 
D.O. shook his head, and frowned."Not until you will treat Hye Min nicely. Hye Min's a nice girl, and she's alreasy enduring you, so please just treat her nicely," D.O. argued back as he ate his food and Kai's portion too.
 
"Fine, I'll try my best. Now give it back."
 
"Keep your promise, or you're not a man," D.O. said as he give back Kai's bowl.
 
"I'm never a man, I'm still a boy," Kai casually said which made D.O. glare at him.
 
 
"Urghh. I forgot about my lunch.." Hye Min frowned as she rubbed her stomach.
 
EXO-K and Hye Min soon went out after the fangirls were being thrown out, and EXO-K found letters in their dormitory, by fangirls that slid it through the door gap and some of them read about how handsome they are, and some had personal letters to individuals like, "Suho oppa! You're so handsome! Muak!" which Hye Min understand why fangirls like her, but when some fan letters were sent to Kai and only Kai and it read, "Kai oppa! You're so cute!"
 
Hye Min almost puked.
 
Cute? Hye Min didn't think that Kai was cute, she did admit he's quite handsome, but cute? No. And she didn't understand why fangirls were so smitten by Kai, she didn't like Kai, not because of his looks, but because of his personality, Hye Min's impression of Kai is just based on what his first sentence he would say to Hye Min. And Hye Min didn't expect it to be a greeting, nor a friendly welcome. 
 
The door open, and Hye Min immediately shot up, and saw Suho, (as usual) poking his head out and ask Hye Min, "Are you hungry? We've some food,"
 
Food was what Hye Min was thinking now, she really want to go in, but on second thought, she'll be irritated by Kai and will lose her appetite within seconds.
 
"No thanks, I'm not that hun-" Hye Min's stomach rumbled, and it was loud enough for Suho to hear it, which made him smile.
 
"Hah, hah," Hye Min faked a laugh. "It's normal, I'm really not hun-" Hye Min's stomach rumbled again.
 
"Maybe you should go in," Suho insisted.
Hye Min smiled as she went in.
 
"D.O.! One more bowl please!" Suho shouted as D.O. got the message and went into the kitchen.
 
Hye Min then sit beside Suho and Chanyeol, and was directly opposite Kai.
 
Hye Min smiled and thanked D.O. as he passed the bowl and rice to her.
 
Once Hye Min got the bowl, she immediately reached out for the ingredients that were on the table. Everyone stared at her as her hand move from one plate to the other and in a flash, half of the ingredients were gone on every plate.
 
Once she finished taking everything, she started to eat, however, she felt 6 pairs of eyes on her and she looked up.
 
"Yes?" Hye Min raised an eyebrow.
 
They immediately looked away and continue eating, but sometimes steal glances at her.
 
Hye Min then found out what's wrong, having too much food.
 
"Sorry, well you see, I skipped my breakfast and-"
 
"It's alright, continue," Suho gave her a sincere smile as he continued to eat his food.
 
Hye Min immediately felt warm and smiled back at him, then continued eating.
 
"So Hye Min, how long have you been learning material arts?" Suho asked, wanting to know her better, after all, she's serving them for a year.
 
"More than half of my life, I've been training since 6, by my father, he was once your bodyguard with his buddy, but now he's injured because of protecting you."
"So I took his place and now protecting you."
 
"I'm sure we'll be safe if you protect us," Baekhyun said as he smiled back.
"Let's just get along, well, after all, We're under your protection for a year right?" Chanyeol said.
"Let's just hope that non of us will get hurt under you," Kai said.
 
*Oh great, I had enough of you, I totally had enough of you.* Hye Min tried keeping herself under control. She picked up the chopsticks and took a piece of chicken meat, finally, she couldn't take it and unknowingly, she threw the piece of chicken meat towards Kai, and it fell right in front of his face, and slowly slid down his face and dropped into his bowl.
 
EXO-K, excluding Kai, held the laughter and also their breaths, while Kai closed his eyes, and took in a deep breath. Then slowly opened his eyes, and surprisingly, smiled at Hye Min, and walked off into his room.
 
When he left, the living room was filled with laughter.
 
"Hye Min! How did you that?! It was incredible how you could aim so precise at Kai Hyung's face, even though maybe it would hurt," Sehun then laughed non stop and was clutching his stomach.
 
Hye Min was surprised. *They were .. Happy?* then smiled and laughed with them.
 
"Woah, I didn't really know you would actually laugh about it, I thought you would actually blame me or something," Hye Min awkwardly laughed, as she scratched the back of her neck.
 
"Of course we won't! We know you did it just for fun, there's no grudges between each other," Suho smiled and he calmed himself down. "And Kai was really bad to you, so it's okay," Suho whispered and he started laughing again with EXO-K.
 
Kai could hear the laughers outside, and he just frowned. He lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling for a minute, then taking out his phone to text.
 
*This bodyguard is really special, I think I'll be safe with her protecting us..* Sehun looked at Hye Min and smiled at her, maybe she isn't as bad as Sehun thought she would.
 
Maybe she wasn't as cool as her father who protected them, but indeed, she brought laughter to them, like how her father actually brought laughter to them, with his cold jokes.
 
-----

Hey! I just cleared some chapters, as they were already done, so maybe it's time to update on this story after I updated on Coincidence Memories.

 

Some chapters are still quite mixed up, but I will soon solve it, and when it's done, I'll update right away. :)

 

So do remember to comment, subscribe and upvote! ^^