LDK

Protecting Angel

36.

LDK
 
Early in the morning, where EXO-K was still asleep with Hye Min, Suho was summoned by Dongkook to see him, and he was right on time.
 
Suho sat down at the other side of the table, smiling politely at Dongkook while he just smiled back. "Today I called you, because I would like to ask you, did.."
 
Suho's eyes travelled to the desk, a small box that has a transparent lid for Suho to peek through in. 
 
Perfect match.
 
The cufflink that was in his pocket, matched exactly to the other cufflink in the box, even the LDK that was shining could be seen, was the same. Identical.
 
Suho's eyes widened in surprise as how familar, or similar the match was, and he obviously wasn't paying attention to Dongkook, as he continued to stare at the cufflink through the lid, wondering if Dongkook actually went to the hill.
 
".. Suho? Suho?" Dongkook tilted his head, snapping Suho out of his thoughts, directing his attention to him. Dongkook was puzzled, and he leaned forward, tracing Suho's gaze, then smiled.
 
He laughed as he reached out for the box and opened the lid. "Ahh. Looking at my cufflink eh? It's actually part of my coat, and it's tailor made by my own personal tailor. It can't be found else where." Dongkook dusted the dust off the cufflink.
Suho asked, "how-how long has it been there? I have not seen it before," Suho said, wondering to know more, and about the identical cufflink, the cufflink that match perfectly with the sympol kept in his pocket.
 
He cracked a smile and fixed his suit, smiling proudly. "I actually had it like around 17 years ago and I just recently took it out, it's the best of the best, and I've been dusting it every time." But then quirked his lips. "Well I have only the cufflink left, since the fabric of the coat is disintegrating," he sadly said. "I actually tried sending the cufflink to be polished, but it's steel, soon it will be rusty."
 
Suho gulped as he forced out a smile. "Re-really? Then wh-what does LDK stand for?"
 
He laughed proudly and took out the cufflink, blowing the dust towards Suho's face and he coughed. "LDK represents my name-Lee Dongkook."
 
Suho's eyes widened in shock once Dongkook explained.
 
"It's the best coat I've ever seen, and my favourite one too," Dongkook boasted proudly. Suho gulped once more. "Then why didn't you wear it again?" He smirked and Suho caught that. "Good question. One simple reason, because I pursue perfection. One cufflink missing, and I will never ever wear it again."
 
Suho nodded his head, in a daze as his gaze travelled to the ground and he fumbled for the cufflink in his pocket. "Y-you mean, this?" Suho asked, raising it up and handed it to Dongkook.
 
Dongkook frowned as he took it from Suho's hands, carefully looking at it as he balance the button at its sides. "Yes, it is. Where did you find it?" he asked, dusting it.
 
Suho quickly looked down at his lap and gulped. "I- I found it in EXO-K's dormitory," Suho lied. He quickly forced out a smile. "D-Did you go up to the hill that we went before?"
 
Dongkook shook his head, as placed the button into his pocket.
 
Suho bit his lip. "Not even once?" Suho asked.
 
"Not even once."
 
It was then, Suho lost complete faith and hope. He forced out a smile. "Ah.. I see, ah yes, what were you asking me before?" Suho cleared his throat, as he tried changing the topic.
 
"I've called you here, to ask about Hye Min. How's she doing? Is she behaving suspiciously?" Dongkook tapped his fingers on the table and asked. Suho looked away and shook his head. "No," he lied. He knew she went out in the night, behaving suspiciously, but he can't help but doubt Dongkook after him lying to him again and again.
 
Suho's instincts.
 
Dongkook's quirked his lips, as he frowned. "Alright then, remember to look out for her then, even though if she's leaving in a weeks' time. Try to have more, memorable memories with her." Dongkook forced out a smile.
Suho nodded, as he stood up from his chair and closed the door after bidding Dongkook goodbye.
 
As he walked towards EXO-K's dormitory, he thought about Dongkook and his coat. "Why must he lie..? Out of so many people, why must he be the one who's lying to me.. Is he the one behind the group of assassins?" Suho's eyes widened at the thought of it, and he quickly shook the thought of it. "It can't be. Mr Lee has been really nice to me, since the day I stepped into S.M. Entertainment, he was the one who guided me and brought me to where I was, I can't possible suspect him to be the leader of assassins, that's ridiculous," Suho laughed awkwardly as he knocked his head, but still, why did he even lie?
 
He opened the door, as he was greeted by Hye Min pacing up and down, walking from the dining room to the living room, then back to the dining room, while the others were either watching the television, or eating their breakfast. The sun was already up, and the rays of sunlight shone into the glass window.
 
When Hye Min immediately heard the door opened, her ears perked up as she rushed towards Suho. "Suho, Suho! Where's the button? Where is it? Where is it?" Hye Mun demanded as she looked at Suho.
 
"I.. I gave it to Mr Lee.."
 
"What?! You have it to him?! Why?" Hye Min let go of Suho's grip, as she bit her lip.
 
"It was his-"
 
"It was the evidence of his crimes!" Hye Min cut him off and shouted at him.
 
"What do you mean, by evidence of his crimes.." Suho was bewildered as his tone lowered.
 
"His crimes! LDK stands for his name! He's been to the crime scene! He wore the coat that I've seen on the internet, it's the same button!" "There would be my mother's fingerprints on it.."
 
"He wouldn't lie, he won't have any crimes, he won't lie to us."
 
"Did you ask him whether he went up the hill that time? What was his answer? He denied, right?" Hye Min asked as she took in a deep breath. She closed her eyes and shook her head. "Forget it I don't want to quarrel about it, I'll go outside." Hye Min stormed out, as she slammed the door shut, making everyone jumped.
 
"Hye Min must be really angry with Mr Lee, I wonder what he did to Hye Min," Sehun wondered as he gulped.
 
 
 
--
 
At night, Hye Min snuck in again, as she tried cracking to the safe again.
 
"2, 7, 9, what's the number again? Urgh." Hye Min groaned as she looked around the office. "Wait a second, 2 and 7. 2nd July? 2nd July is the day.." her voice trailing off as she tried remembering the dates, numbers and figures. 2nd July, the day he entered SM!" she exclaimed and immediately hit 5 as the last number.
 
The safe opened.
 
 
"Documents, his finance.." Hye Min took everything out, as she looked through documents. The most important things-Finance.
 
"Wait a second, what is this? Documents about DK Entertainment plans? What kind of Entertainment is that? Never heard of it," Hye Min scoffed. "What is this? Assassins Plans-EXO-K. Oh my gosh." Hye Min's eyes widened as her body suddenly felt weak. She took in deep breath, trying to calm herself down as she her lips nervously.
 
"Dongkook really is the assassin's leader, but .. Why?" Hye Min mumbled, looking through the files. All of them were the plans of the red dots on the map, it was exactly the same spots found in Dongkook's computer. There were also all the information of the assassins' backgrounds, very meticulous. But all these, will be putting EXO-K in danger, putting the future of S.M. Entertainment in jeopardy, why did he do that? Won't he just affect himself? "Did money get Dongkook crazy in his mind? What's wrong with him.. Lunatic freak," Hye Min concluded as she placed it into the photocopy machine, photocopying everything of Dongkook's crimes.
 
Ah yes, one thing she was also puzzled about was, what is actually DK Entertainment?
 
Hye Min nodded, as she saw the documents she got in her hands, the evidence she found, right in her hands, the evidence that can nail Dongkook once and for all, but one thing was missing, the evidence of his murder on her murder, where was it?
 
--
 
Hye Min slowly walked back to the dormitory, as she flipped through the documents again and again, as she spotted one thing-the date of their meeting.
 
The assassins hideout. "It's exactly on the day when I resign, no wonder he wanted me to leave on that day, so that he will know my exact location on that day, cunning freak." Hye Min shook her head, as she opened the door, to find Suho, quite pissed with her.
 
She bit her lip, as she looked away, brushing past him again.
 
Suho took in a deep breath. "I knew you would sneak out again," he held onto Hye Min's wrist, but quickly let go, as Hye Min shook off, standing still.
 
"Where did you go? You keep hiding things from me, how am I suppose to help you?"
 
"I don't need your help! You'll just be in danger!" Hye Min turned back as she hissed.
 
Suho's gaze travelled to the back of Hye Min's hands, as she found out, and quickly hid it begin her back.
 
Suho squinted. "What's behind your back?" he leaned to his side. She slightly fidgeted, as she looked away. "Nothing."
 
"There's obviously something behind your back, what is it?" He walked closer as he tried pulling her hand. "I said nothing!" Hye Min accidentally dropped the file, and the documents of the assassins slipped out of the file, revealing one of the assassins' picture, gaining the attention of Suho.
 
"Don't look!" Hye Min tried blocking Suho's view, but his long arms quickly grab hold of it, as he raised it up in the air, not having Hye Min to snatch it from him.
 
Suho squinted as he tried remembering the face. *That person, he seems familiar..* As Suho flipped through the paper, his attention was caught by the word, assassin.
 
*He's the assassin!* Suho eyes widened as he turned to face Hye Min, having her to snatch the paper away from him, and filing it into the file.
 
"He's the assassin who attacked us on the day where we went hiking!"
 
"Yes, you're right, he's the one, together with others, I have all of the personal information of them, happy to know now? I'll get going then-"
 
"Where did you get the documents from? The place where you went, was is the place where you got the information from? Where is that place? Tell me! You're risking your life, if you can get the records of the assassins and they know, you'll be in danger!"
 
"I don't care about what danger, you don't tell, I don't tell, no one would know!" Hye Min hissed, knowing that she would wake the rest of EXO-K up.
 
"Just tell me, where did you get the records from, please?" Suho pleaded, as he his lips nervously.
 
Hye Min slightly trembled as she catch her breath. "Fine, you want to know? I'll tell you. I got it from Dongkook's office! All the criminal records were found in his office! And I found it! I got the evidence, all right in my hands!" Hye Min shouted as she showed it to Suho, while he just stepped back, shaking his head.
 
"You're saying, Mr Lee's the mastermind of the assassins? It can't be, it can't be.." Suho shook his head, as he thought of Dongkook. Dongkook was the only one he solely depended on when he first entered S.M. Entertainment. From the time he entered, till the time he was trained as a trainer and now till the time he was a singer, Dongkook was always there. It was ridiculous for Suho to suspect the person he trusted on, but if it was true, what would Suho do?
 
"I know you wouldn't believe me, because you always respected him, that's why I didn't tell you, I only told Kai, he was the only one who would help me, not even suspecting my conjectures. Now you should understand right?" Hye Min simmered down, trying to catch her breath.
 
"I was suppose to find evidence on my mother's case, but instead I found these. So do you believe it, or not?" Hye Min looked at him.
 
Suho trembled as his gaze shifted everywhere.
 
Hye Min shook her head as she lowered her head. "Guess you won't want it then."
 
Before Hye Min went into the room, she turned back. "I just hope that you won't let your personal feelings affect your judgement. Like how I set my personal matters aside from my work matters, I hope you would do the same."
 
"It's impossible for him to do it.. But, why?" Suho muttered as he sat on the chair, staring at the ground.
 
"Hyung, what's wrong?" Kai rubbed his eyes as he opened his room door, looking at Suho staring at the ground slightly trembling.
 
He sadly shook his head. "Everything, everything's going wrong. Everything." Suho muttered. Who knew that this was a big blow to him, maybe because the person he treated as a role model, the person that he looked up to, guided him in everything and was there for him when he was alone to be a murder suspect for two cases. Sigh.
 
-----