Girlfriend

Protecting Angel

 

26.
Girlfriend.
 
Hye Min skipped happily towards Dongkook's office, not caring about the people's looks towards her. She just felt happy. Extremely happy, and, she didn't even know.
 
When she reached the door, she could hear noises from inside of Dongkook's office. A female, and a male.
 
She thought it was an inappropriate timing to enter, and just decided to wait paitently outside of his office.
 
"I want to see him! I want to see Kai!" the girl in the office shouted and Hye Min could hear it from outside. 
 
*Is that some kind of crazy fangirl again..?* Hye Min thought as she crossed her legs and hands, sitting on a mini sofa just outside of Dongkook's office.
 
"I said no! He's busy!" Dongkook's voice could also be heard, and it seems like he's quite frustrated and annoyed.
 
"Why?! He's-"
 
"I don't care! Get out! See him another time! For now, he's busy!"
 
"Fine! I'll see him myself!"
 
And for a few minutes, there were silence.
 
Hye Min found it unusual as she frowned and stood up. *Why is it so quiet? Don't tell me..* Hye Min gulped at the thought of it and shook it away, she was thinking too much. Too too much.
 
"Checking it would be safe," Hye Min muttered under her breath and she knocked on the door. As she could knock it, the door was opened by a girl, a girl that was a head taller than Hye Min, and also slightly taller than Jungin. Sigh, Hye Min wanted to be taller now.
 
When Hye Min looked at her, she had to lift her head all the way up to see her dazzling face. It was mesmerizing. Her eyes were big, round and sparkly, at the same time, also can make one flinch. Her eyebrows were parted away perfectly and her lips were small and pink. Her hair was brown, naturally brown and it was until her elbow. If one thing that pops into her mind after seeing the girl, Hye Min would either think she's perfect, or golden ratio. Her facial features could were so perfect, that it could be considered as golden ratio.
 
The girl stared back at Hye Min, her face was emotionless and she stormed out of the office.
 
 
"What's wrong?" D.O. asked as he raised an eyebrow at him suspiciously. Kai turned and face him, shaking his shoulders vigourously having D.O. to rock back and forth and his head was about to drop. "She's here!"
 
"Oh.." Baekhyun whispered as he scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Now what has it got to do with us?"
 
Kai looked at him, as his eyes widened in shock even more and his grip on D.O. lossened. He immediately went over to Baekhyun's side and immediately shook his shoulders so rough that Baekhyun choked. "It's all of our business! On the first day Hye Min already said to report everything to her. Our daily lives, schedules everything! If she knows this I'll die!"
 
Then, the doorbell rang.
 
Kai gulped as his energy, soul left him.
 
Hye Min snapped out as she greeted Dongkook.
 
"Mr Lee, Lee Hye Min reporting for duty sir," Hye Min said as she reported for duty and kept thinking of EXO-K. What their expressions would be like when they see her again, and she slightly chuckled.
 
"Mmm. Ok you may go now," Dongkook said without making any eye contact with Hye Min as he flipped though the papers on his desk, eyebrows furrowed together.
 
"Then I'll get out now," Hye Min said as she slowly closed the door and went to EXO-K's dormitory.
 
She skipped happily to the EXO-K's dormitory, as she knocked on it, to find Suho smiling widely at her.
 
"Annyeong Hye Min, welcome back," Suho's words overwhelmed her with nothing but happiness and warmth, she could definitely feel it. 
 
As she walked into the dormitory with him, she could feel the tension in the air, and also saw EXO-K. As she approached them closer, she could also see a slim figure behind Kai's back, and when she turned, Hye Min realized its the girl that was quarreling with Dongkook in his office.
 
"Welcome back, Hye Min. Glad to have you back," Kai said, now not having any more sarcasm hiding in his words, he fidgeted slightly and he was extra nervous as he glanced behind him and turned to look at her again, forcing out a smile and trying to cover his nervousness.
 
He quickly cleared his throat and looked at the girl, then back at Hye Min. "Hye Min, this is my.. Girlfriend, Jung Jihye," Kai introduced as he interlocked fingers with Jihye.
 
Hye Min smiled warmly at her, and found her quite familiar. "Have I seen you before? Besides meeting you at the office," she said then glanced at Kai, narrowing her eyes at him and he gulped.
 
*What did I tell you on the first day of work?* She said in her mind, raising an eyebrow and talking mentally to Kai while he lowered his gaze. *To tell you everything about EXO-K..*
 
*And what's this? Having a girlfriend? Shouldn't you tell me in advance? I'm not angry for you being so sarcastic but now you are really the death of me.*
 
*Sorry..* He lowered his head and squeezed his eyes shut, biting his lip.
 
"Yes you should. Because I'm a model," Jihye replied proudly.
 
"Er Hye Min, the media doesn't know of our relationship, so don't go spreading the relationship around alright?" Kai asked.
 
Hye Min nodded as she look at Jihye once more. *She really is pretty..*
 
Somehow, Kai's comment infuriated Jihye as she rolled her eyes and scoffed. "What's the matter? Don't you want the media to know about our relationship? You find me ugly and embarrassing don't you?" Jihye remarked as she broke hands with Kai and looked away.
 
*Here comes the spoilt kid temper..*
 
Kai bit his lip then glanced at everyone in the dormitory before dragging Jihye into his rooms and closed the door shut. "It's not that.. Just that my company don't allow relationships, and only that Dongkook and EXO-K knows, and now Hye Min," Kai said, lowering his voice to not let EXO-K and Hye Min eavesdrop.
 
They pressed their ears on the door and listened attentively.
 
"I don't care! I don't care about anything anymore! You are always like this Kai! Whenever I propose talking to the media, you'll just change the topic! I am sick and tired of it Kai!" she shouted which made Hye Min and the rest of EXO-K flinch.
 
Kai took in a deep breath and sighed, tired and exhausted because of her. "Jihye, can you don't throw your tantrums. I'm sick and tired of it," he said, obviously annoyed.
Jihye gawked at him and shook her head in disbelief."I want to tell the media everything! Right now!" Jihye shouted as she opened the door and saw EXO-K and Hye Min blinking in surprise at her, and she rolled her eyes before storming out of the dormitory.
 
Kai just sat on the bed and sighed. What did he got himself into now..
 
"Kai! Jihye!" Hye Min shouted as she looked at both of them, then wanted to run out to catch up with Jihye, but was stopped by Baekhyun.
 
He shook his head. "Jihye's troubled now. Don't infuriate her."
 
"But Jihye could be in trouble! She could be pestered by the fangirls of yours! You do know how those crazy fangirls can act like when they know that Kai actually has a girlfriend now right?" Hye Min reasoned out. "It's my duty to protect you guys, and also to protect Kai's girlfriend or any other people related to you," she said. "Plus, now Jihye's so angry, she could really call the media and expose everything," she explained and shook his hand away before running out.
 
"Stupid Kai stupid Kai. How could he do this to me.." Jihye cursed under her breath as she walked out of the building and roaming around the area. "I'm his girlfriend! How could he do this, and now not even chasing after me," Jihye looked back, and found no signs of Kai, then stormed her feet as she sat down on a nearby bench.
 
On the other hand, Hye Min was searching high and low for Jihye. "Jihye.. Jihye.." Although Hye Min didn't really like Jihye because of her personality, but Jihye is Kai's girlfriend, she had to do what she needs to do.
 
And finally, she saw a slim figure that resembles Jihye. She sighed in relief and slowed down her pace, slowly approaching her.
 
"Jihye.." Hye Min called out.
 
She turned back, and saw Hye Min approaching her, then snickered. "What are you doing here? Did Kai sent you?" Jihye asked.
 
"No, he's in his room," Hye Min bluntly replied.
 
Jihye frowned as she stomped her foot once again. "Stupid Kai. I'm his girlfriend! Why isn't he concerned about me?!" Jihye shouted out loud.
 
"Jihye! By just coming out of EXO-K's dormitory and the building, it's dangerous! Any fangirl loitering around the building sees you coming out, you'll be dead! You won't know how crazy those fangirls are!"
 
"I don't care! Kai's doesn't care about me, why should I care for myself?"
 
When Hye Min wanted to open , a female's voice cried out.
 
"Jung Jihye!" Both Jihye and Hye Min turned towards the direction of the voice, and both were shock to see a group of girls, looking infuriated and angry, and were shooting glares at Jihye, which sent Hye Min shivers down her spine.
 
"Jung Jihye! You stole Kai from us! You are a disgrace!" The girl cried out as she approached them, as the other girls followed along, echoing whatever the girl says.
 
"You shall die!" The girl cried out again as she signaled for the girls to take action.
 
And they began taking out eggs, tomatoes and lettuce to throw at Jihye, not aiming at Hye Min. However, Hye Min quickly stood in front of Jihye and shield her from the attacks. She quickly shut her eyes. And the girls quickly stopped, however, one girl didn't know and took out a big pail of water then splashed it on Hye Min, but her aim was to splash on Jihye.
 
Everybody stopped. The girls stopped. Jihye stopped shouting. Hye Min slowly opened her eyes, and found herself soaking wet, with egg yolk and lettuce stuck to her hair and face.
 
She took in a deep breath as she blew her bangs, which stuck to her face.
 
"Hye Min.." Jihye softened as she looked at how courageously Hye Min shielded her, and ended up she herself getting the attack.
 
The group of girls quickly dropped their items and fled, disappearing within Hye Min and Jihye's sight in a few seconds.
 
"I'm fine, let's just, go," Hye Min said as she slowly walked towards EXO-K's dormitory. Slightly shivering from the cold water that splashed her
 
Jihye looked at Hye Min and bit her lip, slowly placing her hand on Hye Min even though she was dirty and smelly. "I'm sorry Hye Min. I got you into this, because of my willful behaviour, I'm sorry.." Jihye guiltily said as she lowered her head.
 
-----