Hired

Protecting Angel

 

"Thank you! Please come again!" Hye Min smiled and bowed as she gave the change to the customer. She has been working at the ice cream shop for 3 months, and has given up her studies to work, to support the family and also her father's medical fees.
 
"Boss! I need to go now!" Hye Min shouted from the exit of the ice cream shop.
"Alright! See you tomorrow!" Hye Min's boss replied and Hye Min went out of the shop to the next job-coffee house.
 
She has been juggling 2 jobs for 6 months, and she has been working at the coffee house for 6 months. Sogh, tiring right? But she didn't mind, as long as her father gets well, she won't regret anything.
 
"Good afternoon boss!" Hye Min bowed as she entered the coffee house and greeted the boss, then changing into the uniform and started working.
 
After working for 8 hours, it was already dark, and Hye Min finally knock off.
 
She was carrying her sling bag and walked towards the dark alley that was the shortcut to her house.
Suddenly, she could see 2 shadows. One was one the floor while the other shadow was getting smaller and smaller.
 
Hye Min raised an eyebrow and look up, to see a man in a business suit lying on the ground, while another man was running away.
 
"Thief .. Thief.." The man sitting down was trying to shout out, but he didn't have enough energy and it only came out as a breathless sigh.
 
Hye Min instinctively reacted to it and dashed forward, towards the man running away.
 
Hye Min ran and picked up a used old bamboo stick from the ground and threw it straight at the man, it was a direct hit on his back and he fell forward with a groan as he clutched his knee.
 
Hye Min then dashed and locked his arm, making him winced in pain as she pulled his arm all the way to his back.
 
The man just whimpered in pain as he tried to squirm free from Hye Min's grasp but to no avail.
She swiftly took the wallet from the thief's pocket in one hand and let go of him.
 
"Don't ever try doing that again," Hye Min sternly warned the thief as she let go of him.
The thief then quickly scrambled up to his feet and quickly bowed and ran away from Hye Min.
She then grinned at herself as she went back to give the wallet back to the man.
 
"Mister, here," Hye Min handed out his wallet to him which made the man look up to her and quickly stood up.
"Thank you," he thanked and took it back, then checking the amount of money in the wallet and nodded.
When Hye Min was about to go, the man quickly stopped her.
 
"Wait! You're good in martial arts right? You can defend?" the man asked as he caught up with her.
 
Hye Min then turned back and nodded.
 
"Great, can you come to our company tomorrow? We're hiring you as a bodyguard, for one of our artistes," the man handed out his business card from his pocket and gave it to Hye Min.
 
She raised and eyebrow and took it, she then mentally read, *Lee Dongkook. Head of Manager for SM Entertainment Artiste.*
 
"Ohh, Manager of SM Entertainment..- wait what?! SM Entertainment?!" Hye Min exclaimed as her eyes widened and her moth dropped open.
The man just smiled and nodded.
"Yes, and I'm planning for you to protect 12 artistes."
 
*12 artistes, means .. Super Junior?! There can't be any other groups that have more than 12 members right? It must be Super Junior!* Hye Min eyes widened at the thought of it and she bit her lip to prevent herself from squealing and smiling like a total idiot.
 
She quickly nodded her head and exclaimed, "I'll be there! 8a.m. sharp!"
--
"Appa, please I really want to go," Hye Min pleaded with her father who was bed ridden but was able to talk, however quite weak.
 
"Hye Min, being a bodyguard is dangerous, you have to put your life at risk in order to protect.. Your employer," Hye Min's father reasoned with her and coughed.
 
"Appa, but it's Super Junior! My idols! I really want to be there for them! And besides, I can be independent, I'm just one stage earlier than other students to be more independent, don't you want me to be that?" Hye Min reasoned with her father.
 
He then let out a sigh and coughed, "Hye Min, you're old enough to do what you want to do. I can't do anything to stop you, I just want you to be safe, even though you are to protect them and their safety is your first priority, I need you to be safe and don't be like me."
 
Hye Min then smiled widely knowing that she has her father's approval. "Of course Appa! I won't let my life end so early! I still need to look after you and also spend more time with you when you have fully recovered," Hye Min beamed.
 
He smiled weakly, as he reached out for Hye Min's hand. "Just remember, if you are really hired, then please take care of yourself, and also beware of people that have hidden intentions."
 
Hye Min turned back, as she smiled. "Of course appa! But who would have hidden intentions? But anyway, I'll take care of myself, you don't have to worry appa!" Hye Min beamed, as she went into her room, giggling non stop.
 
*Aish, if it's hidden, of course you won't know..* Hye Min's father thought, as he shook his head, then rested on the bed.
 
*Yes! I'm going to work for Super Junior! My idol!* Hye Min mentally squealed in her mind.
--
*Here I am* Hye Min thought as she stood outside of the company and let out a deep breath.
 
"Excuse me, I have an appointment with Mr Lee, Lee Dongkook," Hye Min said to the reception counter.
At this point, Mr Lee, Lee Dongkook came out of the lift.
"Ah, there you are," Dongkook said as he approached Hye Min.
"Come here, I'll bring you to the room," Dongkook said as he led Hye Min into the room.
 
"So Mr Lee, what do I do to pass the interview?" Hye Min asked as she stepping inside the room.
 
"Nothing, you have already passed the interview, but you need to show me your skills," Dongkook said as he clapped, and 3 muscular men came in.
 
"I don't want to bring 5 men in as I still have doubts in your ability, maybe 3 will probably do. If you pass all 3, you're hired."
 
"Tsk. Piece of cake," Hye Min muttered under her breath as she placed her bag at a corner and rolled her neck and wrists, as she get ready.
 
All 3 men were of equal height, and almost look like triplets, but one men had an obvious scar on his forehead, as he took defence on Hye Min.
 
She then look left and right, and caught them off guard as her body was swift and flexible, which was to her advantage. She ran past the first man and locked his arm like the same thing she did the previous day with the thief.
Seeing the man on the ground and unable to move, she quickly moved towards the second guy and used her legs to trip him and fall to the ground.
For the last guy, she ran towards his back as she pulled his arm all the way to his back and twisted it, and also did a swift kick on his leg to make him fall. Ouch, double the pain the third guy had compared to the first two men.
She then got up and dusted her hands and walked towards Dongkook.
 
"Impressive, how did you do that?" Dongkook clapped as he asked.
"Easy. All three men that I battled with, is strong in their arms, but they hardly train their legs, so when I tackle them, I would always try to tackle their legs as it would have more damage on them," Hye Min blurted out what she analyzed about the three men when getting ready.
"And who taught you that?" Dongkook asked as somebody's skills was similar to Hye Min's but just more professional.
 
"My father," Hye Min honestly replied.
"Lee Dongil."
 
Dongkook's eyes widened as he heard Hye Min's father name then smiled.
 
"That's our previous bodyguard who was protecting one of our artistes and got injured. So he's your father? No wonder your skills are like him."
 
Hye Min nodded and said, "My father was injured and now needs to recuperate at home, and there were no money at home since his only salary is was the only income, so I had to work-"
 
"You had to work at the coffee house and also at the ice cream shop, juggling with two jobs, and of you get hired, you can quit the current jobs and also have more income, right?" Dongkook helped to finish her sentence.
 
Hye Min eyes slightly widened as she wondered how he could know so much things, then nodded.
 
"How did you know?"
 
"Being in this line must be very observant and meticulous in whatever we do, at that time before I got robbed, I actually passed by your coffee house to have a drink so I knew you were working there, as for how I know you were working at the ice cream shop, it's because I saw your employee card slip out of your bag when you were running after the thief to help me get bag your wallet, so I knew you work at the ice cream shop."
 
Hye Min nodded as she was wondering how a person like this can be so observant, if she could be half as observant as him, she would really sing praises.
 
"Then, how do you be observant?" Hye Min asked.
 
"As a bodyguard, your eyes must be quick, and sometimes you need to spot an object that stands out from others real quick, for example a black object in a red one, or a blue object in a yellow one. Sometimes these are easy but sometimes things camouflages, so you must be able to differentiate."
 
"So, what's your name?" Dongkook asked as he was walking with Hye Min to the artistes dormitory, which Hye Min confirms it was Super Junior. Which other band could have 12 members? Hye Min kept thinking and when she couldn't think of an answer other than Super Junior, she knew it was going to be Super Junior that she's going to protect.
 
*Tsk. I thought he was observant enough to know my name.* Hye Min thought as she mentally rolled her eyes then meekly smiled.
"It's Hye Min, Lee Hye Min."
 
"Alright Hye Min, meet the people you are about to protect them," Dongkook said as he opened the dormitory door, and letting in Hye Min step in.
 
-----