New Beginning

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

“There’s this opening party event we need to attend.”

Eunji yawned as she looked at Kris driving. It was already late morning, and she had no choice but skip class. But it wasn’t just her. The jerk and player were still snoring at the player’s room when she left.

“When?” She let out another yawn.

Kris focused on the road. “Tomorrow.”

“Ge.”

Kris didn’t reply, which meant she should just say what she wanted to say.

“Do you like Minah?”

Kris sighed slightly. “Yeye’s just pairing us up.”

“Then why did I hear him talk about marriage and company merging?” She pointed out. Kai’s brows rose slightly. “Really?”

“Yup. You didn’t know?” She said, popping the p.

Kris shrugged. “Well now that I know, it’s not happening.”

Eunji smiled, her cousin was really some cold hearted badass of some sort.

“If you say so, Ge.”

 

Myungsoo walked in his room. He was wearing Kai’s clothes, and he quickly stripped it off to change to his comfortable ones. Kai’s clothes smelled like Kai’s strong perfume, and it made his nose crinkle.

He was about to sit down his desk when the door opened. Their head maid came in with styro bowl. The packaging and smell told him everything.

It was his favorite Kimchi Stew.

“Young Master, Ms. Kang sent this for you.” The head maid bowed politely and placed it on his desk.

Myungsoo the familiar packaging. Only one person knew his addiction to the soup, and he hadn’t eaten it for a long time now because it brought back memories.

He lifted the bowl and inhaled the familiar aroma.

His brows furrowed. Still he couldn’t help but feel nostalgic.

It wasn’t that easy to forget.

 

Kai lazily pulled up the covers to shun himself of the outside world. He just wanted to sleep and be lazy till he gets fat and be a cushion of cholesterol.

“Hbcyvhdbj.” He mumbled, cuddling his pillow. As soon as Myungsoo left, he transferred to his well-deserved bed. His one and only love.

It was heaven. A soft comfortable heaven.

Until some ringing shook his whole room. He sat up and furrowed his brows, confused with the foreign sound. H looked at the desk table and saw Eunji’s phone ringing.

He sighed. What at forgetful girl.

“Hello?” He grumbled.

The other caller stopped for a while. “… Jongin? Where’s mei?”

“Kris Hyung picked her up a while ago. She left her phone.” He yawned, not a bit interested at the conversation. Lay hung up as soon as he heard.

Kai stretched his arms and placed the phone down, but then it started to ring again. A text message.

Since we already skipped class, I’m up for some ice cream.

-       Kim Jerk Myungsoo

The screen flashed with a message. Kai’s squinted his eyes to read. His brows furrowed, Myungsoo sure got comfortable with Eunji.

What? Myungsoo didn't even text me. He thought.

He chuckled and went back to dozing off.

Those two were getting really close.

 

 

Minah sat still. Her brows furrowed every once in a while, and her fingers were fiddling with each toher.

Thoughts were running past her head. It seems like everything needed to be done, and she was feeling pressured. She felt like she had no freedom, but still.

She wanted this too.

Her thoughts darted to Myungsoo. A smile spread on her face. Their childhood memories ran past her head like a slideshow, and she smiled at her merry past.

Her heart clenched in regret. She was sorry, she really was.

 

“Ya!”

Eunji sat up on her bed. Myungsoo was leaning on her door frame, arms crossed. She glared back at the arrogant guy. “What the hell? Why are you here?”

“I’ve been calling you!” Myungsoo snorted and went in like it was his room. He plopped on the couch and switched on the television. Eunji slipped in her fluffy slippers and searched for her phone.

“I don’t know where my phone is though…” She mumbled, scrambling everywhere in search. Myungsoo just engrossed himself on the racing show.

Eunji sighed and plopped beside him. “I think I left it on Kai’s.”

“Figures.” Myungsoo muttered back.

He was bothered. There were many things rummaging his ever so peaceful mind. He used to have no problems, nothing to think about, but now he was damn bothered.

Pictures on his mind were so clear. His childhood days, his high school days, his happy everyday routine with Minah. But that was before.

 He didn’t feel the same way anymore. He knew it for sure.

Why did it have to be so  complicated. He felt bad, he was shunning himself. Maybe Minah changed. Maybe she’s really back to apologize. A friend is a friend, after all.

“Hey Ji.”

Eunji was already starting to doze off beside him. “Hmm?” She mumbled, eyes closed. Myungsoo sighed and bit his lip. “What do you think about second chances?”

“I don’t… like... second chances, Myung. I like new beginnings better.” She yawned and stretched her hands. Myungsoo looked at her side profile and immediately looked away.

“Aren’t they the same thing?”

“No. New beginnings are a lot much brighter and different. Second chances can mean the same thing happening all over again.” She shrugged and proceeded to her bed.

Myungsoo remained there, letting her words sink in. Soon he stood up and exhaled heavily. He looked at her to say goodbye but she was already sleeping.

He smiled unconsciously and approached her. She was sleeping heavily with slightly agape. He chuckled and fixed the blanket on her.

He stared at her face and her cheek.

“New beginnings.” He muttered with a small smile.

Soon enough he left her alone to her dreams.

 

 

_______________________________________________________

:">