Chapter 9

The Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINE

There was a knock outside Jiyong's car and their staring contest was interrupted. The valet parking person knocked again and Jiyong groaned. He got out of his car and took his car keys and gave it to the guy. "Here it is. A little impatient, aren't you?" He muttered while gritting his teeth. He ignored the guy and opened the door for Sun Hee. Sun Hee got out of his car and saw Jiyong offering his arms to her. She didn't know what came to her and accepted his offer. 

Jiyong smiled and held on to her hands clasping to his arms. "Hold on tight. I don't want to lose you tonight." Sun Hee nodded and held on tight to his arm. Camera flashes welcomed them. Since the Choi family were full of famous people, of course there would be media involved. "Just smile, Jiyong. These people know me and I don't want to look disastrous." Jiyong chuckled and nodded. "Yes madam. Your wish is my command." Sun Hee smiled slightly at his childish comments. 

Soon enough, their walk was over and was welcomed by Mr. and Mrs. Choi. "Oh, Sun Hee, dear. It's nice seeing you." Mrs. Choi greeted her warmly. Sun Hee smiled and replied, "Hi auntie. It's nice seeing you too. How are you?" Jiyong was mesmerized with Sun Hee's smilimg face. Wishing he could see her always smiling. "I'm fine dear. How about you?" Mrs. Choi asked back. "I'm totally fine. Ahh, I want to introduce you my future fiance, Kwon Jiyong." Mr. and Mrs. Choi looked at Jiyong and Jiyong bowed to pay respect. "Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Choi. It's nice to meet you." 

Mrs. Choi and Mr. Choi forced a smile and nodded. "Oh, Kwon Jiyong? From the Kwon clan? Nice meeting you." Mrs. Choi held out her hand and Jiyong shook it, for the sake of respect. Suddenly, TOP showed up and had a smirk on his face. "Omma, appa. There are guests who wants to have a talk with you. Let me handle these guests." Mr. and Mrs. Choi nodded and looked at Jiyong and Sun Hee. "Jiyong, Sun Hee. We're sorry, we have to go. I'll see you later, yeah?" Sun Hee nodded and smiled. "Of course. Go ahead. We'll be alright here." TOP smirked and stared at Sun Hee.

Sun Hee waited for TOP's parents to go away to drag Jiyong elsewhere. "Woah, woah. Where do you think you're going, Sun Hee?" TOP grabbed her wrist and Jiyong's grip to Sun Hee became tighter. Sun Hee looked at Jiyong and signalled him to not do anything. She looked at TOP and smirked, "TOP, if you don't want me to make a scene.. Please let go. If you forgot already, I can flip you in a second." TOP loosened his grip and slowly let go. "I'm sorry." He muttered. It was a good thing that there were no vampires involved in the Choi's business, because it would cause a big commotion if they were. "It's not nice seeing you, TOP. If you'll excuse us." Sun Hee said and dragged Jiyong outside to the garden. 

Sun Hee sighed and crossed her arms. "I knew it was a bad idea to go here." Sun Hee muttered and Jiyong sighed. He stood beside Sun Hee and stared at the night sky. Adoring how the stars shine and how they perfectly matched with the dark sky. "Have you ever thought why the stars fit so perfectly to the night sky?" Jiyong asked and Sun Hee turned her head to look at him. "What do you mean?" 

Jiyong chuckled and shrugged. "I don't know. That's my homework for you. Figure it out for yourself and if you found out the right answer, I'll give you one wish and I'll do my best to grant it." Sun Hee furrowed her eyebrows and said, "Is this some kind of a joke, Kwon Jiyong?" Jiyong shook his head and crossed his arms, "Does it look like I'm joking?" Jiyong stared at her eyes and Sun Hee slowly realized that he was being serious. She gulped and looked away. "Arasso. Do I have a time limit?" Sun Hee asked seriously.

Jiyong thought for a while and decided, "Yes, I'll give you a month to figure it out." Sun Hee nodded and started to think hard. 

Jiyong put his hands on her shoulders and chuckled, "Hey, you've got a lot of time. Don't think about it now." Sun Hee smirked and said, "It's intriguing." Jiyong smiled and looked at the night sky again. They spent an hour outside the garden, with silence and peace enveloping them. Not until Seungri went outside and called them. "Sun Hee, Jiyong hyung, it's time to go inside, the Choi's are making an announcement." Sun Hee and Jiyong looked at each other, wondering what their announcement is going to be.

Jiyong offered his arms to her again and she accepted immediately. They walked side by side while Seungri went ahead of them. They saw Sun Hee's parents and Sang Mi with Youngbae. They walked there and gathered together. "What are they going to announce?" Sun Hee asked her older sister. She shrugged and looked ahead. "Ahem.." Mr. Choi coughed and cleared his throat. "Ladies and Gentlemen." Mr. Choi continued.

"We are here today, for our business' success for the past 20 years. We are also here today, because my youngest son, Choi Seunghyun, has something to say. I, myself, don't know what he's about to say, but I hope it's good news. Then again, I thank you for all your support and all your shares. We are proud to be still standing on our feet for over 20 years of business. Thank you!" Mr. Choi said and all the people in the room clapped. The microphone was now passed on to Seunghyun. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm Choi Seunghyun." 

"Seunghyun?" Jiyong muttered and Sun Hee heard him repeat his name. Sun Hee looked at Jiyong and furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you familiar with his name?" Sun Hee asked quietly and Jiyong snapped his head back to Sun Hee. "Oh, uh, nothing. It's nothing." Sun Hee cocked her head to the side and shrugged and looked ahead, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter