Chapter 36

The Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

Sun Hee just sat beside Jiyong quietly as she looked out the window. Jiyong was looking at Sun Hee while Chaerin and Bom were giving short glances at the couple. The ride was quiet, full of tense, but Jiyong sighed and decided to make the first move. He doesn't know what he did wrong to make Sun Hee seem mad, but he promised himself that he'd redeem himself. He reached out for her hands, and fortunately, she didn't pull away. 

Instead, she looked at Jiyong with questioning eyes, as if asking him why did he do it? But the main question is, 'What happened?'

"Sun Hee..." Jiyong called her softly,  but she didn't speak. She just clenched her fists and kept silent. Jiyong sighed and nodded, "Let's just talk when we're alone." Sun Hee nodded slowly and looked away, still not pulling away from his hold. Jiyong just treasured this moment and held her hands tightly, as if protecting her from someone that's going to take her away. 

Jiyong observed her and he could see that Sun Hee is tired. "Bom, how long are we going to keep driving? And do you have a first aid kit?" Jiyong asked. Bom nodded and said, "Yeah, behind you." Jiyong nodded and took his seat belt off to get the first aid kit. 

He sat back down and opened it, he took the alcohol and faced Sun Hee, "Take your seat belt off and lean your legs on my thigh." Sun Hee just blinked and Jiyong sighed. He took the initiative and placed her legs on his thigh. "Is it okay if I kind of tear your pants?" Sun Hee nodded. Jiyong looked down and cut the surface of where she was stabbed. 

He sighed and drabbed alcohol into a tissue and dabbed it on the stabbed area. Sun Hee winced in pain and closed her eyes. "Just... hold on to my shirt if it hurts." Sun Hee nodded and held on tightly to his shirt. Jiyong put the alcohol away and placed a huge gauze on the stabbed area. 

He sighed and closed the first aid kit. He was about to put the first aid kit back, but he heard Sun Hee mutter, "Thank you." Jiyong smiled and nodded. He turned around and placed the kit back and then sat back down. 

He doesn't know why it became awkward for the both of them, but he knows that Sun Hee knows something that he doesn't. He just looked at her longingly and Bom saw this. She looked at Chaerin and mouthed, "What happened?" 

Chaerin mouthed back, "Long story." Bom nodded and looked at them through the mirror. "It might take a while for us to stop, since there were cars chasing us earlier. I'd be better if we made sure we lose them first." Jiyong nodded and held Sun Hee's head. 

Sun Hee furrowed her eyebrows as Jiyong leaned her head on his shoulders. "Sleep. I know you're tired." Sun Hee just closed her eyes and tears started to form. Jiyong, on the other hand, hummed her one of the songs he composed. 

Make love. 

"Remember that one day, I held your hands then I kissed your lips then I told you our love was meant to be and always will forever. Give me that happiness I get from you just being there." Jiyong sang out of his lips as Sun Hee listened to it. 

The tears kept falling, but she refused to let Jiyong notice. "I always see you when I close my eyes, you're on my mind. So can't you see, I need you right here with me, close by my side. This time for sure, gonna let you know, my love is straight from the heart." From then, Sun Hee heard Jiyong's heart beat. 

She knew Jiyong was sincere, but it confused her. The things she suddenly knew Seunghyun and Kiko, were th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter