Chapter 25

The Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

"Sun Hee! Sun Hee!" Several knocks were given to the poor door. Sun Hee rolled her eyes and exclaimed, "Come in!" She knew that is was her mother, but she didn't know why she was knocking on her door. When Sun Hee's mother entered her bedroom, a smile was emitted when she saw her daughter sitting in front of her desk. Sun Hee raised an eyebrow at her mother, confused as to why she looks so happy. 

"My dear! Is it true?!" Her mother exclaimed. Sun Hee sighed and finally realized that it was about the sudden engagement she announced at the Choi's ball. Sun Hee faced her ecstatic mother and nodded, "It's true, but it's not because we decided on it. It was just a way to get out of the situation, but we talked about it. Though we weren't official... Yes, we're getting engaged, mom." 

Sun Hee's mother clasped her hands together and said, "Omo omo! I don't care! As long as you're getting engaged. Omo, this is such great news! We have to invite the Kwons you know?" 

Sun Hee sighed and raised her eyebrows again, "Really mom? You're that excited?" Sun Hee's mother nodded and said, "Yes... Now, I'm going to contact the Kwons and invite them for dinner, yes?" 

Sun Hee sighed and nodded, "Arasso. Go ahead." Sun Hee's mother touched her hands and kissed her forehead. "I'm happy for you, Sun Hee." Sun Hee smiled slightly. 

Then, Mrs. Lee finally let go of her daughter's hands and patted her shoulders. "Contine what you were doing." Sun Hee nodded and watched her mother go out of her room. She sighed and returned back to facing her desk. 

She looked at her laptop and sighed as she read the articles written on the internet. "Why bother writing a whole article about my engagement... It's not even a big deal." Sun Hee muttered. Suddenly, her phone rang. 

She checked the caller and smiled. Jiyong. She answered it cheerfully, "Yoboseyo?" Jiyong smiled on the other line and greeted her, "Hey babe. Do you have time later for dinner?" 

Sun Hee thought for a while and said, "Uhmm... Yeah. I guess so, why?" 

"I'll pick you up at 7." Sun Hee raised her eyebrows at Jiyong's vague information. "Uhm, okay. I'll see you then." Sun Hee was about to hang up, but Jiyong called her, "Sun Hee." 

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Saranghae." It made Sun Hee's morning wonderful. She smiled and shyly replied, "I love you too." Jiyong smiled then chuckled, "Arasso, I'll see you later." Sun Hee nodded as if Jiyong could see her. When she hung up the phone, she looked at the time and saw that if was 4 pm. She had 3 hours. 3 hours to prepare. She cleaned all her things on her desk and prepared to take a bath.

When she was done taking a bath, she covered herself with her silk robe after drying up and walked towards her grand closet. She skimmed through her big closet and chose her clothes for the night. While she was thoroughly changing, she muttered, "I wonder where Jiyong will take me... He didn't actually tell me clearly where we'll be going..." She sighed and shrugged. When she was done, she looked at herself and smiled. 

But then, she sligtly frowned at the thought of the sudden engagement. "Am I really up for this? Isn't this too fast? If I get engaged now... What will be there for us in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter