Chapter 15

The Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Sun Hee was stunned to see the letter 'S' pendant dangling onto a chain in Jiyong's hands. "J-j-jiyong.. Is this yours?" She asked nervously. Jiyong nodded and said, "Yes, it's mine. It was given to me when I turned 20." Sun hee gasped and covered with both of her hands. She looked at Jiyong and back at the pendant. "Jiyong, you're not kidding me right now, are you?" She asked even though she knew that Jiyong was dead serious about this. Jiyong nodded once again and said, "I'm dead serious, Sun Hee. I think you're my soulmate." 

Sun Hee didn't know what to say. She couldn't even move her own body. It's like her soul flew out of her body. She didn't know what to feel. Should she be happy? Should she be sad? She doesn't know. She wanted to feel happy and giddy about it, but something is stopping her. What is stopping her? She doesn't know. Jiyong felt a bit uneasy because he was getting no reaction from Sun Hee. He just sighed and put back the necklace inside his pocket.

They were silent for a few minutes. Sun Hee still dazed about the information she knew and Jiyong just hung  his head low, waiting for the woman in front of him to say something. But he was slowly growing tired of waiting. Was he not enough? Didn't Sun Hee trust him enough? "Why would she trust a player like me anyways?" He thought, closing his mind. He looked up and saw Sun Hee staring at Jiyong with an emotionless expression. He furrowed his eyebrows, not knowing what to do anymore.

He sighed and looked away again. Contemplating whether they should still continue their activities in Bali or just go home. But his goal would be ruined if he decides to go home, so he just it all up and gathered his courage to talk first. "Sun Hee." Sun Hee broke out her stare and focused on Jiyong, but still not answering him. Jiyong spoke up again and said, "Shall we go?" Sun Hee furrowed her eyebrows at Jiyong's sudden emotion change. "Wasn't he mad?" Sun Hee thought. Jiyong accidentally heard her thought and shook his head. "I'm not mad. Come on. Let's go." 

Jiyong grabbed her hands and dragged her out of her room. Jiyong just stayed quiet. He closed the door and let go of her hands immediately. Sun Hee looked down at her wrist and felt bad because she didn't know what to say to Jiyong. She felt happy inside that Jiyong thought that she was his soulmate, but she didn't know what was stopping her. They both stayed quiet until they reached the outdoor pool. Sun Hee stayed frozen in her spot when she saw a familiar face sitting on a bench beside the pool. Jiyong didn't notice her stop, so he continued to walk to a bench near the poolside. He put his things down, and that's when he noticed that Sun Hee was nowhere near him. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked back.

Then, he saw Sun Hee looking at a different direction. He followed where she was looking and saw him lying down on the bench with a girl massaging his back. His eyes widened and he immediately turned to Sun Hee who was still frozen in her place. He knew that Sun Hee was feeling in panic right now, so he grabbed his stuff and went to Sun Hee and grabbed her wrists. "Let's go." Sun Hee was shocked because she didn't know why Jiyong was dragging her away from the pool. "Ji.. where are we going?" She asked, while trying to get out of his grasp.

He just tightened his grip, until Sun Hee winced in pain. "Jiyong, please let go of me. You're already hurting me." She said calmly. Jiyong loosened his grip and muttered, "I'm sorry." He completely let go of her wrists and stopped in front of the beach. He sighed and kept his hands inside his pockets. Sun Hee observed Jiyong and saw that his expressions wasn't good. She thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter