Chapter 45

The Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

"Hello? Hello?!" Seungri yelled as he rang the doorbell of the house with a tall black gate. Seungri gritted his teeth and sighed heavily. He turned his back and was about to head back to his car but he heard this familiar angelic voice calling him. 

"Y-y-yes?" The voice was innocent, yet it displayed the woman's vulnerability. 

Seungri turned his heels back and saw her. Nari. Kim Hanari. His soulmate. 

"Nari..." Seungri called her name breathlessly. 

Nari furrowed her eyebrows and said, "S-s-seungri-shi?" Seungri felt relieved to see her safe and sound. He shot her his million dollar smile and then walked closer. He looked at her and said, "You're safe." He whispered. Nari furrowed her eyebrows even more and nodded. 

"Y-y-yes, thanks to your father." She said shyly. 

Seungri smiled and felt like his heart is going to burst any second now. Seeing her from a far is really different from seeing her up front. These past few days, he has been a coward and watched her. He even memorized her daily routines. She would pick up the newspaper right at eight o'clock in the morning and go back in after breathing some fresh air. When it's one o'clock in the afternoon, she would go outside and have a walk. She would be returning back from her walk thirty minutes after. 

But today, you see... He went in front of the house to watch her again, but it was really unusual for Nari to not get the daily newspaper at eight o'clock in the morning. She didn't go out in the afternoon... so Seungri got worried and decided to muster up his manly courage and knock, more like bang on their gates. 

Seungri sighed as he looked away and said, "I'll get going now." Nari bit her lip and suddenly felt like letting Seungri inside, besides, it is their mansion after all. 

"W-w-ould you like to go in, Seungri-shi?" Nari asked shyly. Seungri smiled and turned around to see Nari bowing her head. Seungri smiled and nodded, "Sure, I'd love to." Nari nodded and opened the gate wide open and turned her back at Seungri and walked towards their front door. Seugri followed her behind, locking the gates before going inside. Nari opened the door for him and Seungri muttered his thanks as he glanced at the interior of their mansion. 

He smiled and said, "It's pretty neat and clean." Nari nervously laughed and said, "Yeah... I was actually in the midst of cleaning when I heard the bell ring." Seungri laughed and looked around. He nodded and asked, "Are you the only one here?" 

Nari shook her head and said, "Ani, my parents are at the garden, cleaning, while my little brother is at school." Seungri nodded and smiled, "Would you like me to help you clean around? I'm pretty sure you won't be able to clean everything by yourself." Nari bit her lip and shook her head, "Uhm, I don't think that would be... neccessary, I mean, you're the son of Mr. Lee. You shouldn't be seen cleaning... a house." 

Seungri laughed and said, "Non sense, I clean my own room. So, where have you left off?" He insisted and this made Nari's heart jump. Nari smiled and said, "I was cleaning the windows at the living room... but I can't reach the top window." Seungri chuckled and nodded, "Alright, I'll do it." 

Nari nodded and bowed slightly, "Thank you, Seungri-shi." Seungri smiled and said, "Please, just call me Seungri. Seungri-shi is too formal for me." Nari chuckled and nodded, "Okay... Seungri." 

But then, suddenly, Seungri leaned in and said, "Maybe oppa? Since I'm a hundred years old anyway." He winked at her and walked away to go to the living room. Nari bowed her head and couldn't help but get flushed. 

~•~•~•~

"Appa, where's Seungri oppa?" Sun Hee asked her father as he was seated by his desk. Mr. Lee looked up and said, "He said he was going somewhere, I just don't know where." Sun Hee raised her eyebrows and sheugged, "I'm just going to visit Nari and her family. I'll be back." Mr. Lee nodded and smiled. 

"Sure, I'll see you." Mr. Lee said as he watched his daughter walk away from his office. He sighed and shook his head. In the inside, he was stressed. He knew his family could be in danger. The prophecy revealed that Jiyong and Sun Hee are destined to be each other, two young vampires, who knew little about their legacy, and history. He sighed and leaned down on his seat and stared blankly at the ceiling. 

"Sun Hee and Jiyong are in danger... I have to protect both of them... but how?" He muttered. 

Meanwhile, Sun Hee went to her room to get ready to visit Nari. She went to her closet and smiled. She sighed softly and muttered, "How I missed my clothes." Suddenly, a pair of arms were wrapped around her waist. She looked at who the arms belonged to and smiled. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter