Chapter 31

The Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Finally, it was the day of their engagement. July 28, 2012. Sun Hee was surrounded with the people she's close with inside her room; her mother, her cousins, Chaerin, her two best friends, Bom and Dara. They were so enthusiastic about the engagement that they are not even realizing how much Sun Hee is doubting. She doesn't know if she should be happy or not, but either way, she doesn't want to back out of the engagement even if she knows the truth behind Jiyong's intentions. She knows she's risking her heart, but she could careless. 

It's not like she hasn't been hurt before. 

"Aigoo, I can't believe my daughter is getting engaged today." Mrs. Lee exclaimed as she clasped her hands behind Sun Hee. The other girls giggled as Sun Hee tried her best to give them her best smile. "Mom, relax. It's only an engagement. We are already engagement, but this is just a show to officiate our engagement." Mrs. Lee raised her eyebrows and said, "Show? What are you talking about woman! Hush your dirty mouth and just focus on the mirror. You look definitely beautiful and please don't ruin it for yourself." 

Sun Hee sighed and just stared at herself in the mirror. Being Sun Hee's closest friend and cousin, Chaerin knew something was wrong. Perhaps she thought that Sun Hee and Jiyong still haven't made up after that drunken incident. When the coordinator of the engagement called upon Mrs. Lee, Dara and Bom decided to listen to what she had to say. So Chaerin and Sun Hee were left inside her room. 

Chaerin sat on the bed while Sun Hee was checking herself on the mirror, trying to figure out whether she looks fine or not. "Unnie." Chaerin called. Sun Hee looked at her through the mirror and continued what she was doing, "What is it?" She asked. Chaerin sighed and stood up from the bed and walked towards her unnie. She touched Sun Hee's shoulders and said, "You won't be able to fool me, you know that right?" Sun Hee was taken a back, but she was still in her poker face. 

"What are you talking about?" Sun Hee asked, still re-touching her makeup. Chaerin raised her eyebrows and said, "I said, you can't fool me. I know there's something wrong with you and Jiyong oppa. You can tell me. I'm always here for you." Sun Hee knew Chaerin could read her well, but there is no way that she's going to reveal what she knew. She knows Jiyong could get in trouble for it. Chaerin isn't just someone. Chaerin is CL. She's the baddest vampire she's ever known. Even though Chaerin is half human, she still had the power to break his bones. Sun Hee sighed heavily and looked at Chaerin. 

She touched Chaerin's hands and smiled, "Don't worry about me, Chaerin-ah. I'm fine, there's nothing wrong, and Jiyong and I didn't fight. Arasso? So stop worrying." Chaerin looked through Sun Hee's eyes and didn't believe what Sun Hee was saying, but since Sun Hee was stubborn, she decided to give up and wait for her to speak up when she's ready. "Fine. But always remember that I'm here." Sun Hee smiled and nodded, "Of course." 

Suddenly, Mrs. Lee opened the door and smiled, "Baby girl, you have to wear the dress now. We have to be there in an hour." Sun Hee nodded as she stood up and walked towards her closet, where her engagement gown was placed. It was placed down on the long couch with her heels on the floor and her accessories placed on its box. 

"Help me dress up?" Sun Hee asked her dear cousin and Chaerin nodded, "Of course. That's what I'm here for." Sun Hee chuckled and nodded as she undressed herself and slowly dressed herself with her engagement gown. When Chaerin had finally zipped her up, she looked at herself in the mirror and was awed by herself. 

"Is this really me? Who know I'd be wearing such engagement gowns again..." Sun Hee thought as it was the second time she'd be in an engagement. Chaerin knew Sun Hee was thinking of her first engagement so she hugged Sun Hee and said, "Unnie, don't even think about your engagement with that bastard." Sun Hee sighed and nodded. "Don't worry, I won't." 

After a few minutes, they were told that they have to go the venue now. There were several cars parked outside their mansion and the potential bride is to be with the parents, in which Sun Hee will be riding with her parents, while Seungri will be riding with Sang Mi. As they were on their way to the hall that Jiyong had reserved for their engagement, Sun Hee received a message from her phone. She thought it was Jiyong, but to her dismay, it was Seu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter