Chapter 4

The Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOUR  

Sun Hee walked out to their mansion's backyard; her favourite place to stay when she's feeling down. She sat down on the grass and looked at the night sky. A tear fell on her eyes and down to her cheeks. "Why am I even crying for that jerk? He did nothing but to disappoint me,  hurt me, torture me.. Why did I even love him? I admit, he's handsome, tall, perfect, but he can never be a perfect lover. He didn't even think about how I felt during those years that we've been together and the fact that he had the nerve to do such horrid things to me." She thought. Suddenly, she heard someone opening the sliding door to the backyard. She didn't look back. 

Jiyong saw her back facing him and was frozen in spot. He was there for a couple of minutes until Sun Hee spoke up, "Are you just going to stand there and stare at my back?" Jiyong got startled. "Oh, uhm, I was just checking on you." He muttered. Sun Hee smirked and said, "Like you even care?" Jiyong sighed and slowly approached her. He hesitated a bit but sat down beside her on the grass. He stayed quiet for a while and took secret glances of Sun Hee. He saw her eyes full of tears and all he wanted to do was to comfort her but he didn't know how. Sun Hee wiped her tears away and smirked. "Stop thinking of how to comfort me. I don't need comfort. It's just going to spoil me." Jiyong closed his mind and thought, "She seems to be a strong girl. Maybe Seungri misunderstood her." Jiyong looked at Sun Hee and she looked back. They had an eye-to-eye contact and Jiyong spoke up, "Was that your ex boyfriend?" Sun Hee smirked and looked away. "I was expecting that question." Jiyong raised an eyebrow and thought that she might not want to talk about it. He ignored it and just waited for her answer. 

"Correction." She said simply. "Huh?" Said by the confused Jiyong. "That guy is my ex-fiance." 

"Ohh, so you were about to get married to him?" Jiyong asked and Sun Hee nodded. "Yeah, but it wasn't because he proposed. It was out of business arrangements." Jiyong creased his eyebrows and couldn't believe what he just heard. "Arranged marriage?" He stated and Sun Hee nodded. "I thought he loved me back because I loved him dearly. It turns out, he has been seeing different girls behind my back. I ignored it for a few times but I couldn't take it anymore. So, we called the engagement off.. but we are still alliances with them but we didn't merge with them." Jiyong was still confused. "I thought you are merged with them?" Sun Hee shook her head. 

"No. In able for a vampire clan to merge with another, someone in the leader's family should marry with another vampire of a different clan. You should know this Kwon Jiyong." Jiyong never knew that because his parents had never arranged him with anyone. 

Sun Hee looked at him and asked, "Don't tell me you have never been arranged marriage before?" Jiyong shook his head. "No, my parents believe that once I find true love. It will last for a long time and that she will be there for me forever." Sun Hee smirked. "Well, have you found your true love?" She asked.  

Jiyong looked at her and said, "I once did." Sun Hee stared at Jiyong and tilted her head to the side. "What do you mean you once did?" Jiyong looked away and sighed. "It's alright if you don't want to talk about it." Sun Hee said. Jiyong shook his head and started, "Her name is Kiko. She's also a vampire but she's from a Japanese vampire clan. They are powerful in Japan but is definitely no match with your clan. Anyway, she's of the same age as me. About 20 years ago.. We met in a club in Japan. I was there to relax because I was too stressed with the missions that my father had given me. We bumped into each other and I found her attractive.. From then on, we started to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter