Chapter 14

The Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"Jiyong? What's the meaning of this?" She asked, dazed, confused.

Jiyong just smiled and gave her the flowers, Sun Hee was forced to take the flowers, even though she was so clueless about this. She didn't intend to read Jiyong's mind because she wanted to know straight from his mouth. "Jiyong. You still haven't answered my question." Jiyong went closer to her and said, "I'm just being nice to you and this isn't even the first time that I've sent you flowers." Then she remembered that Jiyong gave her large bouqet of flowers when they were in Korea. Sun Hee just nodded and said, "Arasso, but please.. Giving me a vacation here is enough." Jiyong frowned and sighed. "It's not enough for me.." He muttered and Sun Hee raised her eyebrows. 

"What do you mean?" She asked and Jiyong just shook his head. "Nothing, let's eat?" He changed the subject abruptly and Sun Hee just obliged. They walked towards the table that is set for the two of them. It was set with bright flowers in the middle. The utensils were neatly arranged and the food was to be served after they both order. Jiyong pulled the chair for Sun Hee and Sun Hee muttered her thanks as she sat down. Jiyong sat down in front of her and the awkwardness atmosphere has arrived.

"So.." Sun Hee started, fidgitting. She doesn't even know why she felt nervous all of a sudden. She's not the usual type to be nervous around a man or anyone in particular, but why was she feeling nervous around Jiyong? She just looked down at the flower that Jiyong gave her and smiled unconsciously and Jiyong saw that. It made him smile to see her contented with his doings. 

"Uhm, do you want to order now?" Jiyong broke the silence and Sun Hee looked up and nodded. "Sure." 

Jiyong handed her the menu and Sun Hee accepted it. She opened it with the bouqet of flowers still in her hands. "Hmmm.. I'm in the mood for pancakes and waffles.." She muttered. Jiyong looked up and smiled, "Alright. Is that it? What about your drink?" Sun Hee thought for a while and said, "The usual, hot chocolate." Jiyong nodded and gestured something to the waiter. The waiter approached them and told him their orders. As the waiter finished writing down their orders, Jiyong looked at Sun Hee and smiled. 

"Do you like it here?" Jiyong asked.

Sun Hee nodded and smiled. "A lot. I really like the scenery and the weather. It's nice." Jiyong nodded in agreement and said, "Me too."

Then there was silence.. 

They both looked elsewhere, until their eyes met each other. Both wanted to look away but they couldn't do so. They were both lost in each other's eyes and they both wanted to say something but nothing comes out in their mouth. Jiyong sighed and looked away. Sun Hee just kept her stare at Jiyong, wondering why Jiyong sighed. "Why? Is something wrong?" Sun Hee decided to ask. 

"Nothing. I just don't have the courage to say anything." Sun Hee raised an eyebrow at Jiyong, totally not believing what she's hearing. "Pardon me? The almighty Kwon Jiyong? Doesn't have the courage to say anything? Did you eat anything that swallowed your dignity and courage?" Jiyong chuckled and shook his head. 

"What I mean was.. I don't have the courage to talk to you.." Sun Hee furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

"Why not?" Jiyong shrugged and said, "I don't know. I find you intimidating and full of charisma. Believe me, I might act so cool and buff.. But I have my weak sides too and somehow.. When I'm with you, I tend to show a lot of my weaknesses." Sun Hee smiled at what he said because she realized that Jiyong was conscious of his appearance and being whenever he's with her. Sun Hee giggled and said, "Ya! Where's the Kwon Jiyong that I first knew? I thought you were tougher than that. What a turn off." She joked and Jiyong looked at Sun Hee.

"Turn off?" He thought. He smirked and said, "Why would you get turned off by me?" He leaned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter