Chapter 50

The Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIFTY

Author's note: I lied, this is the last chapter, but fear not! There will be an epilogue. It will display what happened after five years, so anticipate it! :) Hahah! Enjoy!

"No. No. No. This can't be!" Jiyong exclaimed as he slammed his fists on the concrete wall. Everyone in the room was tense. It was no joke that everyone was scared less. Jiyong crumpled the paper he was holding and threw it on the ground. The paper was the sole reason why everyone was scared. It was the sole reason why everyone was dead silent and the sole reason of Jiyong's outburst. 

Seungri was the first one to make a move and pick up the paper. He uncrumpled it and slowly re-read the whole thing. The writing was neatly written in a nice calligraphy. His grip on the paper slowly loosened as he realized what it had meant. Little sentences, yet it was strong. 

Chemical Wastehouse by the Han River. 12 am. Tomorrow. Come alone, or die. 

The words meant the world to Seungri. He knew the letter was addressed to him and he knew he was the only one who could fix this. It was this or Sun Hee would die, and Nari would also die. He closed his eyes and tried his best to come up with the best decision, but all he had in his mind was to give in and let them kill him to save Nari and his sister. It didn't matter if he died, it didn't matter if he was tortured to death. 

All he had to do was turn himself in and let himself die in the hands of the enemies. 

He crumpled the piece of paper and spoke aloud, "I'm going. Nobody follow me." 

He walked away and the only one they could hear was his mother's loud cries. His father clenched his fists as he knew what's bound to happen. Was he going to let Seungri do this alone? He wasn't. He can't. He can't lose his son. He also can't lose his daughter. He sighed heavily and ran to Seungri who was about to open the front door. He took Seungri by the wrist and turned him around to face him. 

"Seungri!" His father's voice boomed inside the mansion with a powerful voice. 

Seungri's face was stoic. It was hard as a rock, but his inner feelings showed otherwise. Tears started to spill out of Seungri's eyes as he read what his father was thinking, "I can't lose you, Seungri. You can't do this." He shook his head and tried his best to shrug off of his father's grip, but his father was way too stronger than him. 

"I have to, appa." Seungri said with a hint of hopelessness. Jun Ho shook his head and said, "No, no. You don't have to Seungri-ah. We'll find a way. I promise you-," before Jun Ho could continue, Seungri shook his head violently and started to bawl loudly. "No! No! Don't ing give me empty promises! I know what you're thinking! You can't lose me and lose Sun Hee instead! I can't live without her or Nari! Can't you see?! If I don't go, you'll lose two! If I go..." He stopped and stared at his father. 

His father looked at him with his bloodshot eyes and continued his thought, "...we're going to lose you." 

~•~•~•~

Seungri's head was bowed down against his arm. He looked straightly at the woman lying down in front of him, lifeless. Her arm had a bandage wrapped around it due to the poison that their enemies stabbed her with. Seungri lifted up his head and caressed Nari's hair to the side and sighed heavily. He looked down at her frail hands and squeezed them together. He closed his eyes and remembered how she ended up in a coma. 

They were currently inside the study, Jiyong, Daesung, Seungri, and Sun Hee's parents. They were separately doing their research as to what Nari was poisoned with when they heard a scream from upstairs. Seungri immediately stood up and ran out of the study and ran to where the screaming was occuring. 

It was unfortunately inside his room, where he had let Nari sleep for a while. 

His eyes widened as soon as he saw Nari on the floor clutching onto her arms and to her head. He ran and crouched down to her and yelled her name, "Nari! Nari!" But even if he was continuously calling her name, she wouldn't pay attention to him. Instead, she screamed in pain. The pain she was dealing with was unbearable. It was the pain she never wanted to feel. 

She felt like her arm was slowly burning off, and that her insides were slowly dissolving. She thought she was slowly dying. "Nari! Look at me, tell me where it hurts." Seungri anxiously said as he took her head by his hands. Everyone was now surrounding them and Gummy ran towards Seungri. She looked down at Nari and cursed, ". Seungri put her on the bed!" 

Seungri stood up, with Nari in his arms and laid her down gently on his bed. 

Gummy immediately knelt down on the bed beside Nari and checked her pulse. Her eyes widened and said, "She's poisoned." She looked around and said, "Seungri give me scisscors!" Seungri ran to his desk and scattered all his files and found a scissor hiding inside his drawer. He ran towards Gummy and immediately gave her the pair of scissor. 

"Anyone who isn't comfortable around blood should go out, and from that, I mean Nari's family!" Gummy exclaimed as she cut through Nari's bandage while Seungri held Nari down as she clutched onto Seungri's. "AHHHHH! MAKE THE PAIN GO AWAY!" Nari screamed as the others helped with pinning her down on the bed. 

Gummy successfulyl tore her bandage and said, "Sweetie, this is going to hurt, but it'll be okay. Just hold onto Seungri, okay?" Nari ignored her warning and kept on screaming. Soon enough, Gummy made an incision on her arm and found out that the poison was slowly burning all her nerve cells and veins. 

"! Dara, give me my kit! QUICK!" Dara handed her the kit and Gummy quickly dug inside it and took an empty syringe out. She took out blood from her and eventually sedated her. Once she was slowly falling asleep, Seungri sighed as he looked at the lifeless body in front of him. Gummy placed the syringe inside her kit and stitched her incision. She wrapped up bandage around her arm and got off the bed. 

"She's poisoned. I don't know what kind of poison it is, but I'll try and find what I can do. As of now, she'll be asleep for a few hours, but the pain will definitely be back." Gummy said stoically, making Seungri look up at Gummy. He furrowed his eyebrows and said, "What do you mean you don't know? You're a doctor noona." 

Gummy sighed and rubbed her temples, "I am, but I just can't figure out what poison it is. I... I don't know if this is curable at all, but I'll do anything. Call me when she wakes up, I'll try if I still can sedate her." Seungri nodded silently as he stared down at the lifeless body in front of him. 

Hours later, he heard Gummy shout his name. "SEUNGRI! SEUNGRI!" 

Seungri furrowed his eyebrows and immediately stood up from the bed and was welcombed by a nervous Gummy. "Noona? What's wrong?" He could sense that something was definitely wrong. Gummy bit her lip and said, "The poison... I... I.. can't identify it." Seungri furrowed his eyebrows and suddenly, his heart sank. 

"Y-y-you mean... you don't have an antidote for it?" Seungri asked, hoping that she would say that she did have an antidote, but to his dismay, she shook her head in regret. "I'll keep trying. Don't worry." Seungri looked away and immediately slammed the door shut. He looked at the body in his bed and tears started to fall from his eyes. 

He shook his head and screamed. 

"No. You can't. You have to live for me Nari." 

"I'm sorry, Nari... I'm sorry." Seungri said as he took one last look at her lifeless body before heading out of his room. 

It was currently 11 pm and he found his parents and his friends by the living room. He walked down emotionlessly and found out that they were trying to come up with a plan. 

"Too late." He thought. He was already starting his plan, and the first step to succeed in his plan was to get away from his parents and everyone's eye. He was going to save his twin sister from danger, and he was definitely getting that antidote of Nari. He looked at his parents and bowed, "Just so you know, I'm going to the garden. I need some fresh air." His parents looked at each other and nodded. 

"But, bring Jiyong a long with you." Her mother insisted, but Seungri shook his head. 

"No, that's fine. I just want to be alone." Seungri said, but it didn't convince his parents. He shook his head again and said, "I won't go. I just want to... think." His parents sighed and decided to let him go. Seungri's stomach turned, he was dead nervous. All his life, he promised to protect the ones he loved. And all his life, he had never thought this day would come. 

He had always sacrificed himself for Sun Hee, but he never thought of dying. 

Of course, he'd be willing to die for the ones he loved, but what scared him the most was leaving the ones he loved. As he walked towards the garden, tears started to fall from his eyes. He was decided and nothing could change his mind. He was going alone, and he is going to save his sister and Nari. 

~•~•~•~

After exactly half an hour, Jiyong noticed that Seungri was spending way too long at the backyard. He looked at Seungri's and Sun Hee's parents and asked, "Isn't he spending too much time at the garden?" Their parents shook their heads and said, "He's not... don't worry. He won't flee. I have body guards all around the perimeter." Jiyong nodded and just shrugged off what he was feeling inside. 

After a few hours of planning, they finally have a plan, but it wasn't concrete. They didn't know if it was going to work, but they hoped it would. Jiyong stood up from the couch and said, "I'll go and get Seungri so that we can explain everything to him." His parents nodded and watched as Jiyong walked towards the garden. Oddly enough, Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows as he found the garden empty. 

His eyes widend and immediately yelled, "HE'S NOT HERE! HE ESCAPED!" 

~•~•~•~

"Ya, wake up!" A man slapped Sun Hee's face as she stirred in her deep slumber. "Aish! WAKE UP!!" The man kept on waking her. Sun Hee finally woke up and she opened her eyes slowly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter