Chapter 47

The Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

It's been a week ever since Sang Mi's premonition, yet everyone was still in panic, except for Seungri. He changed. He didn't exactly change, but he became more enthusiastic and cheerful. Nobody knew why he turned into a total happy person, but they knew it is somehow because of what he knew. Probably because he didn't want anyone to think about it? Maybe because he didn't want to think about it himself? Everyone had their own assumptions, but nobody had the guts to voice it out. 

They were all scared. Scared of what exactly? A bunch of immortals getting scared of death. Of course. If it was theirs, they wouldn't be, but they were scared of Seungri's death. All of them love Seungri, even Jiyong, Daesung, and Youngbae. They grew to love the young man. Seungri was the epitome of the family. If Seungri was to be dead sooner or later, how are they going to be happy without him? Of course they had each other, but it wouldn't be the same without him. 

Are they going to be able to move on that easily? For hundreds and hundreds of years, everyone in their clans had a destiny to die, but it wasn't like your human typical short life span. It was a long life span. You could live a hundred, two hundred, three hundred, and even a thousand years without getting sick, nor getting killed, but some.... just some, have their own destinies of kissing their own death. 

Seungri was just inside his room, looking at the blank wall. Truth to be told, he shows he's happy, but he's not. Honestly, he's scared. Was he scared of getting killed? No. He's not. He's scared of leaving behind his family; his future; and his passion to live. He didn't care who will kill him. He was scared of the consequences that will happen when he gets killed. Would his twin sister turn back to her cold and distant self? Would his family seeks revenge for his death? He had a lot in his mind, however, he didn't want to voice it out on anyone. 

He didn't want to be the sole source of everyone's sadness, nor conscience. He didn't want anyone to think that he was just going to give up his life just like that. He wanted to come out strong, just like he always is. He wants to protect everyone even if he is the one that needs the protection. 

He is the selfless Lee Seunghyun after all. 

As he was staring at the blank wall, he heard one... two... three knocks coming from his big mahogany door. He turned his head and composed himself before telling the person to go in. When he was ready, he cleared his throat and exclaimed, "Come in!" The moment he said that, the door creaked and it revealed his loving twin sister, Sun Hee. She smiled at him weakly, trying to hide her anxiousness. 

Seungri warmly smiled at her and nodded at her, "What's up?" He asked as if nothing was wrong. 

Sun Hee looked down and said, "Uhm... I just wanted to check up on you." 

Cliché. 

Everyone in the household did it. Everyone, including his mother, father, older sister, and even the maids and butlers. They were all scared about Seungri's death that they were making it so obvious to him. Sun Hee looked at him, guilty, being able to read her twin's mind. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... I'm just scared,  you know?" Seungri chuckled and shook his head. 

"No need to apologize, sis." Seungri stated. He patted the extra empty space on his bed, signalling Sun Hee to come sit down beside him. Sun Hee nodded and walked  towards his bed and sat on the aread where he patted on. Seungri touched Sun Hee's arm and said, "Hey, don't feel guilty. I understand. I know that you're scared, who wouldn't be, right? I'm also scared, believe it or not, but I'm not scared of dying. I'm scared of losing all of you. I'm scared of leaving you, and leaving omma, appa, noona, and even Nari. I'm trying my best to seem like it doesn't bother me at all, but it also crosses my mind." 

Sun Hee smiled as she fought the tears that attempted to fall. Seungri smiled and cupped his sister's face, "Hey, it's okay to cry. To tell you the truth, whenever I'm here inside my room. I cry, sometimes..." Hearing this, Sun Hee didn't even hesitate to let the tears fall on her eyes. She immediately hugged Seungri and Seungri hugged her tighter. He rested his chin on her shoulders as he closed his eyes and savoured the moment. 

He rocked Sun Hee back and forth and said, "Don't worry. We'll get through this, arasso? I'll prove you that noona's premonition is a lie this time. Okay?" Sun Hee knew Seungri was just comforting her, even so, she wanted to believe Seungri just this time. She nodded and hugged him tighter and Seungri closed his eyes and kissed the top of Sun Hee's head. 

"I love you, sis. I will always will." Seungri whispered. 

~•~•~•~

After Seungri's and Sun Hee's little moment, they both went downstairs where their parents and older sister are gathered with the others. Sun Hee and Seungri both sat down by the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter