Chapter 44

The Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

"This is daebak." Jiyong exclaimed as he opened the book and skimmed through it, while Sun Hee furrowed her eyebrows and wondered why the passcode was 7082. She was trying to figure out why it was the number of Seunghyun's and Kiko's hotel room when she caught them cheating.  She then laughed and said, "I think it's 7082 because that's where everything started." Jiyong stopped flipping the pages of the prophecy book and looked at Sun Hee. 

"What do you mean? What are you talking about anyway? What about 7082?" Jiyong asked continuously. Sun Hee looked at him and said, "7082... it was the hotel room number of Kiko and Seunghyun's hotel room." Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and then realized what she was talking about. Not even needed for Sun Hee to further explain what she meant. Jiyong knew. Of course, Kiko was his ex-fiance, of course he knew. 

He then laughed and shook his head, "That's quite funny actually." 

Sun Hee giggled and nodded, "I agree, but now that we think about it, don't you think that's where it all started? When they cheated on with us? If they haven't, then we wouldn't have met, well, we could have, but not in the circumstance where all of this have happened. Did you look into the prophecy book? Did you see anything involving where it started?" Sun Hee explained. Jiyong shook his head and said, "No, I was just skimming through." 

Sun Hee nodded and took the book from his hands and said, "Let me see." Jiyong gave her the book and watched her read through the pages. Sometimes, he just can't help  but think if Sun Hee was a female vampire version of Einstein. He wouldn't have figured everything out without her and she just figures things out in just a snap. Sun Hee glanced up at Jiyong, noticing that he was staring fully at her. 

Sun Hee raised her eyebrows and asked, "Why are you staring at me like a creep?" Jiyong chuckled and said, "What? I'm not allowed to stare at my fiance now?" Sun Hee blushed and looked away, immediately focusing on the prophecy book. After a while, Sun Hee finally found what she was looking for, "It says here..." Sun Hee said as Jiyong moved closer to her, "that everything started from the greed for power. Greed for power?" Sun Hee furrowed her eyebrows as she kept on chanting that. 

"Wait, aren't the Mizuharas and the Chois greedy in terms of power? You said so days ago." Jiyong stated and Sun Hee nodded, "But... I really never thought that they would plan everything just to taste power. Are they really that desperate?" Sun Hee asked in disgust. Jiyong chuckled and said, "In this world, there are absolutely no one who never wanted to taste power. I'm pretty sure you wanted to experience it for a while." 

Sun Hee sighed and nodded, "Yeah, you're right... then I guess we were really destined for each other huh?" Jiyong smirked and moved closer to her, "Of course we are." Sun Hee sighed and it made Jiyong frown, "Ya, why did you frown?" Sun Hee glared at Jiyong and said, "Because I don't like the idea at all. Anyway, I'm going to tell them I finally opened the prophecy book." She stood up and was about to walk away, when Jiyong exclaimed, "YA!" 

Sun Hee giggled and ran to the door, leaving Jiyong dumbfounded. She walked towards the living room, but halted when she saw a familiar back figure. She froze and looked at her father talking calmly to him, while she just wanted to rip out his head. 

"What is that doing here?" Sun Hee harshly said, emphasizing the word . 

Mr. Lee and Seunghyun turned around and saw Sun Hee fuming. Sun Hee looked at Seunghyun and growled. "Sun Hee... y-y-you're safe." Sun Hee scoffed and said, "So what if I am? It's none of your god damn business, TOP." Seunghyun flinched. He knew Sun Hee was mad at him, but calling him foul words was crushing his heart, but then again, he was at fault. 

He stood up and looked at her, "Y-y-you're safe..." He said. Sun Hee looked at Seunghyun with imaginary daggers coming out of her eyes and scowled. "Are you a broken record or something? Stop saying ." Seunghyun flinched again, "I just..." 

"He just visited you to seenif you're safe, Sun Hee." Mr. Lee interrupted. Sun Hee looked at her father and made a disgusted face, "Whether I'm safe or not, it's none of your ing business, Choi. Have you forgotten? If it weren't for you, I would have been dead by now. So save your right now and get the out!!" Seunghyun looked at Sun Hee's eyes and saw pain, hatred, and loath. As much as he wanted to take her back, he can't do anything anymore. Everything was too late. 

He was too late, and most importantly, he was wrong. 

Wrong for taking advantage of her, and wrong for hurting her. 

He clenched his fists and looked at Sun Hee straight, "I'm sorry." He said as he walked right out the door. Sun Hee was stunned. She didn't kno why, but when Seunghyun apologized, she could feel his sincerity. She shook her head and closed her eyes, trying to calm her nerves as soon as p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter