Chapter 23

The Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Nari is inside Sun Hee's office and so was Jiyong. Jiyong sat on the couch while Nari sat on the chair in front of Sun Hee's desk. Sun Hee looked through some papers and bit her lip. She looked at her phone when it suddenly lit up. 

"Choi ing Seunghyun just texted me." Sun Hee smirked. Jiyong felt alarmed, "What did he say?" 

"To come to their annual ball." Sun Hee simply stated. Nari spoke up, "The Chois are holding that simply because they want you to be there Ms. Lee." Sun Hee and Jiyong furrowed their eyebrows and looked at each other.

"And why is that?" Sun Hee asked. 

"They want to announce that Mr. Choi Seunghyun will get engaged to you." Sun Hee's eyes widened. "BWOH?!" Jiyong and Sun Hee yelled in unison. 

"This is ridiculous. First off, why would they do that without my or my family's consent? Are they stupid? They are thinking of merging me with them? Do they even think that I'll agree?!" Sun Hee ranted. 

Jiyong himself was having a difficult time to digest things, but he has to stay firm. "We should come, Sun Hee." Jiyong said and it made Nari and Sun Hee look at him. 

"Are you kidding me right now?" Sun Hee asked in disbelief. Jiyong shook his head. "Ani. If they see us together, they won't address the engagement, right?" Nari nodded to Sun Hee as a sign of agreement. Sun Hee sighed. 

She was silent for a moment but she suddenly nodded. "Fine. Let's show them that they just can't boss me around." Jiyong smiled as he was seeing the woman he fell in love with again. 

"Now, shall we get cracking?" Jiyong said as he held out his hands to Sun Hee. Sun Hee rolled her eyes, "I apologize if you got to see your boss' cheesy side, Nari-ah." 

"Ya! I'm not cheesy, and quick! Let's go! The ball is tonight, right?" Sun Hee nodded and stood up. "Nari. For you to be safe, just stay at  our house first. I'll inform my parents. I'll text you the address and I'll ask someone to come and pick you up." Nari shook her head. 

"No need ma'm. I'm fine here." 

"No, you're going in my house. We'll be there in a bit. Just wait for us, arasso?" Sun Hee insisted and Nari just obeyed her boss. 

"Alright. I'll see you." Sun Hee and Jiyong went out and walked to the parking lot. She sighed. "What if they are planning something tonight, Ji?" She asked worriedly. 

"Don't worry. Nothing is going to happen." Jiyong assured her yet Sun Hee can't stay put. "I don't know..." Jiyong smiled and patted her back. "Don't think about it too much. Let's just get me a nice outfit and you a good dress." 

"Uhhh, you're not going with me. We're shopping alone. You are so strict with dresses." Sun Hee notified Jiyong. Jiyong raised his eyebrows, "Why? Are you going for something revealing again?" Sun Hee shrugged. 

"Maybe." Jiyong's eyes widened.

"Ya!" 

~•~•~•~

Sun Hee sighed as she tried gowns on. She doesn't even know why she wanted to look great that night. Maybe because she wants to rub her growing relationship with Jiyong on the Choi's face? 

She told the sales lady to get her another dress and as she waited, she looked at herself. She looked at her belly and touched it. She pouted unknowingly. She rubbed it as tears started to form in her eyes. She closed her eyes and let the tears fall. 

She wiped it immediately and opened her eyes. She saw the sales lady walk in with a Black Alexander McQueen Embellished Floor Length gown. She was awed by it. 

"I want this." She immediately said and the sales lady nodded and helped her put it on. When she was done putting it on, she looked at herself on the mirror and smiled. "I'll buy this." 

The sales lady nodded, "I'll fix it for you and you can get it at the front madam." Sun Hee nodded, "Okay, thank you." She dressed up with her normal clothing and went outside the fitting room and waited for her dress. 

Jiyong was also done, he walked around the mall and found Sun Hee sitting down. He smiled and approached her. "Hey." Sun Hee turned around and smiled, "Hey. All done?" 

Jiyong nodded, "Yeah, how about you?" 

"Just waiting for them to fix it in a bag." Jiyong nodded as he sat down beside Sun Hee. All of the sales ladies stopped what they were doing and looked at the handsome man beside the model Sun Hee. 

"Omo, is that Ms. Lee's boyfriend?!" 

"He is so gorgeous! No wonder Ms. Lee chose him!"

"They match so perfectly!"

The couple heard these and they couldn't help but blush. Sun Hee shook her head and smiled while Jiyong silently blushed as he kept his head down. 

"Ma'm." The sales lady who helped Sun Hee called her. "Oh, you're done." Sun Hee stood up and got the bag from the lady. Sun Hee smiled and said, "Thanks for the help." 

The sales lady nodded and bowed to Sun Hee. Sun Hee smiled and signaled Jiyong to exit the store. When they both gor out, they felt relieved. No more compliments that made them awkward. 

They walked in silence to the parking lot and until they reached Sun Hee's house. "You still going in?" Sun Hee asked. Jiyong shook his head. "Ani, I'm picking you up later at 8. Be ready by then." Sun Hee nodded. 

"Okay, thanks. Make sure to look extra spiffy, Mr. Kwon." Jiyong smirked. "Of course, when did I not?"

Sun Hee rolled her eyes, "Right." She turned her heels and was about to enter the mansion, but Jiyong called her. She turned around and exclaimed, "What?!" 

"Don't be too revealing, arasso?!" Sun Hee waved her hands at Jiyong, pretending not to hear him. When she entered their mansion, the house maids bowed at her and she nodded to each one of them. "Ma'm your visitor is in the living room." Sun Hee nodde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter