I can't live without you

Heartbabykyu's Wonkyu drabbles

Yeah, I'm kinda back....kinda


Siwon took such good care of him. Eversince they first lay eyes on each other back in high school, when Siwon was already a Greek God lookalike while he is just a scrawny, awkward-limbed 16 year old, Choi Siwon had been smitten, whipped and crazy in love.

 

That was 27 years ago.

 

A tear fell from the corner of his eye as he watched the peaceful face of his husband/lover/friend as the man remained unconscious for the 11th day.

 

Scenes played vividly within Kyuhyun’s head as he studied every curve and corner of Siwon’s still face; their bickering days back in school where Siwon was a puppy who followed the grumpy kid around the campus; the day of his university graduation when Siwon proposed to him, the day he and Siwon enlisted for the army together so they would not miss each other too much; and their wedding day 10 years ago.

 

“Won ~” Kyuhyun murmured again as another teardrop fell.

 

It was their 10th  wedding anniversary and Siwon was dashing about the house decorating and preparing for the party he had planned for his beloved wifu. Kyuhyun cried another tear as he recalled that day, how he was too busy to help. While Siwon ran about the house, he was hard at work making amendments to the blueprints of what would be the tallest building in Seoul when it’s completed in 5 years’ time.

 

Vaguely he felt Siwon dashed past him and up the stairs and not a few minutes later he heard the thumping on the wooden steps again, followed by a loud cry and a series of heavy thumps. When he ran to the foot of the steps, Siwon is already lying unconscious at the bottom of it with a deep gash on his forehead.

@

Kyuhyun warmed his fingers by blowing at them before reaching out shakily to Siwon’s cheeks. Siwon always about his icy cold fingers then lovingly crushed the sleek digits into his warm palms to warm them up.

 

“My little ice goddess.” Siwon would lovingly declare as he gently mooshed the fingers together.

 

“Yah! I am not a goddess! I am a man!” Kyuhyun would protest with a glare as weak as an insolent kitten, earning chuckles from the man who loves him so much.

 

 

“You must be tired, looking after me for so long tire you out so bad.” Kyuhyun tries to smile at his pathetic joke but the tear rolling down his cheek betrayed him. “Just rest as much as you want, I can take care of myself….and you.” He promised.

 

@

 

“What are you doing?” Ryeowook asks with concern when Kyuhyun answered the phone breathing hard.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Why are you panting so hard?”

 

“I was doing chores all morning! I did the laundry, mopped the floors, made breakfast and gave Siwon a sponge bath.”

 

“That’s erm…I mean…Wow!” Ryeowook mutters incoherently. In all honesty, his heart broke a little for his friend who was lovingly worshipped till 2 weeks ago. Kyuhyun has never done housework when he’s growing up, his mother had served him hand and foot. At the age of 16, he met Siwon who worshipped him, not allowing even a strand of hair of his beloved Kyuhyun to be sullied by hard labour.

 

When Ryeowook got a call from Kyuhyun  asking him to teach him how to cook, Ryeowook offered to do the cooking for as long as necessary, partly due to his own version of worshipping his ethereally beautiful friend, partly due to the fear that Kyuhyun will burn down the house accidentally.

 

Kyuhyun went on to prove all his doubters wrong by cooking up a storm after a few minor incidents in the beginning. All it took was for Ryeowook to ask what’s today’s menu for Kyuhyun to start bragging about all the elaborated cooking he did.

 

 

When Siwon first fell unconscious all of their friends were worried about Kyuhyun. They were sure Kyuhyun would be too lost to look after himself. Boy, were they surprised to see Kyuhyun handle everything like a pro!

 

“I can’t have Siwon worry about me when he wakes up.” Kyuhyun remarked confidently. “I must keep the house clean, look after myself, eat a lot so I’ll stay healthy.”

 

 

 

Deep in the night, as he lay next to his unconscious husband, Kyuhyun could not and did not hold back his tears. He would start talking about his day then soon the sense of helplessness will sweep over him and the sobbing starts.

 

“How long will you continue to sleep, baby?” Kyuhyun mutters drowsily. “You will wake up soon, r-right?”

 

At the brink of sleep, he thought he felt Siwon his hair like he does every night before they fall asleep together.

 

Kyuhyun smiles. “See you in the morning, Wonnie.”

 

@

 

“What’s all this, Choi Kyuhyun?” Lee Teuk asks sternly. His maknae looked up at him innocently while the chocolate off his ice cream spoon.

 

“Why are you eating all this junk food?” Hyukjae asks, staring disapprovingly at the pile of chips, cookies, gummies and the tub of ice cream tightly tucked in Kyuhyun’s arms.

 

Donghae and Yesung looked on worriedly but chose to remain silent so as to avoid piling stress on the tired looking man.

 

“Wonnie never allowed me to eat these.” Kyuhyun replied with a sullen pout, as if his answer makes perfect sense. Lee Teuk’s stern eyes softens at how lost his maknae looks right now.

 

Maybe he needs some comfort food, Lee Teuk reasons.

 

“That is still not an excuse to binge like this.” Hyukjae continues to scolds but Lee Teuk touched his arm quickly to stop him.

 

“Eat all you want, baby. But stop when you feel full, alright?’ Lee Teuk said gently.

 

Kyuhyun’s exhausted face lit up and he nodded with childish delight as he shoves another spoonful of chocolate goo into his mouth.

 

His 4 hyungs exchanged a worried look with each other, unsure of what to say in fear of triggering off any negative emotions that are starting to surface.

 

@

 

“W-wonnie….” Kyuhyun rasps a broken breath. Raising his head with difficulty from where he had rest it on his folded arms on the bed next to where Siwon lain, he narrowed his eyes painfully to steady his vision. “I c-can’t…..anymore.” He mutters sleepily.

 

Seeing Siwon remain stubbornly asleep, angry tears sprung from Kyuhyun’s eyes. “It’s been…..2 months….w-when…”

 

Unable to find the strength to continue his soliloquy, Kyuhyun let his body sagged as he slumped onto the floor beside the bed. The wrist he just slit open fell heavily next to him and he watched blood flowed out to wet the white carpet under him.

 

“C-can’t.” He mumbled as he gave in to the darkness.

 

@

 

“Baby….please wake up soon.”

 

Wonnie?

 

“I miss you so much…..”

 

I miss you too, Wonnie.

 

“You’ve already slept for a year…..sleepyhead.”

 

What’s with this darkness? Is it night? Wonnie? Where are you?!

 

“Baby-“

 

Wonnie, help me! Why can’t I see you? Wonnie!!!

 

“WONNIE!” Kyuhyun hears a loud scream for his husband. He bristled with jealousy, who was that screaming for his husband?

 

“Baby! You’re awake! Baby!”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his tired eyes around and discovered that he can see now. A familiar looking face came into view and his heart skipped a beat before he realised that Siwon is looking down at him fondly.

 

“Won ~” He croaked. Oh. He couldn’t recognize his own voice anymore, it sounds rusty from non-use.

 

“Baby….baby….” Siwon starts to cry as he lifts Kyuhyun up gently and press the fragile figure to his chest. “You’re awake at last….do you know how long I’ve been waiting?” Siwon whispers into his ear.

 

Hmm….Kyuhyun’s mind wanders in confusion. He couldn’t tell what’s real and what’s not.

 

“Y-you woke u-up.” Kyuhyun attempts to clear the fog in his brain.

 

Siwon lay him back onto the bed gently before looking at him with a worried frown. “ No baby, you did. Don’t you remember?”

 

“What happened to me?” Kyuhyun asks as his brows pinched together feeling the first wave of dizziness.

 

“You fell from the stairs on our anniversary. There was a blood clot in your brain and it had to be removed surgically. But after the operation you did not regain consciousness.” Siwon explains, noticing how pale Kyuhyun is getting.

 

“It was m-me?’ Kyuhyun asks shakily. Siwon frowned again, unable to understand Kyuhyun’s confusion.

 

Abruptly, Kyuhyun turned and gasps Siwon’s hand in his. “I’m glad it was me, and not you.” He said cryptically. “I won’t be able to survive without you, baby.”

 

Although nothing make sense yet, Siwon returned Kyuhyun’s smile. Nothing matters as long as his Kyuhyun is back by his side.