Love in brief Intermission

Heartbabykyu's Wonkyu drabbles

“WHAT THE HELL!!!”

 

The couple necking in the dark pulled away in a great hurry, flustered and slightly dishevelled. The guy has an amusing smirk on his face while the girl lowered her face to push some wayward strands of hair behind her ear.

 

“I thought you are dead, Choi Siwon!”

 

“Now where would you get such an absurd idea?”

 

“You did declare that our engagement will be broken over your dead body.” A challenging smirk teased the speaker’s luscious lips. “It’s broken so you must be dead then.”

 

“Sorry to disappoint then.” Came the playful retort that infuriated the other.

 

Choi Siwon, the handsome devil of a man, in a sharply ceased tuxedo. His onyx eyes glints teasingly, his deep dimples flashed teasingly, the corners of his thin lips curl teasingly. Everything about the man is a tease and Kyuhyun hates him for that. The jerk doesn’t deserve to still look so gorgeous after what happened between them.

 

“I have to admit I was nearly killed by the flying engagement ring.” Siwon remarked lightly.

 

Kyuhyun relived their last moments with unfortunate clarity, when he had thrown his sharp edged engagement ring at Siwon, cutting him above his brow. Anger had given him superhuman strength and precise aim.

 

“How are you, Kyu?” Siwon inquires sincerely.

 

“Like you care?” Kyuhyun spats angrily. His usually big doe eyes narrowed in fury and his face turned paler than usual after witnessing his fiancé cozying it up with a new girlfriend.

 

Siwon had been unfaithful. He doesn’t deserve me. It’s over.

 

“Excuse me while I go…powder my nose.” The lady in question speaks up as she starts to make her way back into the house where the party is in full swing.

 

“Oh, don’t make yourself scarce on my account, my dear.” Kyuhyun remarks acidly but the lady chose not to reply and left as she intended.

 

“She’s the one who answered your phone at 2 a.m. in the morning.” Kyuhyun states rhetorically at the man who is still looking totally amused with the whole situation.

 

“You look so adorable when you are angry.” Siwon replied instead, moving closer. Kyuhyun steps back in a hurry to avoid any physical contact with the man he abhors deeply. Also he knows very well how Siwon’s touches will affect him so no, he cannot allow the man to touch him.

 

“Don’t touch me!” Kyuhyun snaps when Siwon attempts to put his arm around his shoulders.

 

“And what if I do?” Siwon teases as he hang his arm forcefully over the younger’s shoulder. He observed with interest as Kyuhyun jolts from the first touch then proceeds to blush furiously. He grinned knowingly.

 

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun is stewing in the discomfort his body and mind is putting him through. Siwon’s touch had sizzled and burnt his skin. Memories of all the nights they’d made love came rushing into his mind. Sounds of buttons popping onto the wooden floor of his living room rang in his ears as he stared at the buttons on Siwon’s tuxedo. Without meaning to, he sighed. He hates to admit that he missed the bastard.

 

Lost in his reverie, he did not see it coming when Siwon reached up to grasp his chin and held it steady while he press his lips against his.

 

“…..”

 

Siwon smiled as Kyuhyun’s lips parted in surprise and he managed to slip his tongue inside the familiar honeyed cavern. His other arm lingering on the younger’s body could feel the tension seeping out momentarily.

 

“I missed you, Kyu….” Siwon breathes.

 

“……go……no……” Kyuhyun murmurs weakly.

 

“Oops, looks like I came back too soon.” The smooth feminine voice interrupts the kissing lovers.

 

Kyuhyun took the chance to push Siwon away. His irate glare has no effect on the elated Siwon at all.

 

“Do you really think so little of me? Or yourself? You think I would cheat on you a few weeks from our wedding?” Siwon implored. Without another word Kyuhyun strode away.

 

“Hmmm…I think kissing me worked. He’s beyond jealous.” Siwon smiled smugly. If Kyuhyun is jealous then he still cares.

 

 

~@~

 

 

Kyuhyun pants heavily as his hands work the game controller in a frenzy. Currently he is imagining Choi Siwon as the character in the game he is playing, the character he is beating into a pulp. Every electronic painful gasp of pain gives him a tiny flicker of satisfaction.

 

His doorbell rang once and he ignored it. Then the ringing grew persistent and he is forced to abandon his game and answer it. He peered through the peephole and almost felt like pounding his head against the wall in frustration. Siwon. He will just ignore the man until he leaves.

 

“Kyu, I know you’re in there. Your car is in the garage.”

 

“Go away.” Kyuhyun snaps.

 

“I need to talk to you.”

 

“I don’t.”

 

“I can do it privately inside or I can yell through the door loud enough for the whole building to hear. Your choice.”

 

Damnit. Kyuhyun knows Siwon is capable of carrying out his threat. How is he ever going to face his neighbors in future? Begrudgingly he opened the door.

 

The moment Siwon stepped into the house, Kyuhyun regrets his decision. Them, and the house reminded him of all the times they made love together in it or the future they planned together while curled up on the couch.

 

Siwon held out a bottle of wine to him.

 

“If you came here to talk me back into our engagement, forget it.” Kyuhyun informs him coldly.

 

“I came to say goodbye.” Siwon replied instead.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes widen in disbelief and he felt a tremor course through his body. “You are leaving?”

 

“Yes. As long as that unfortunate incident is between us, I know there is no hope of us getting back together.” Siwon replied calmly.

 

Kyuhyun led the way into the living room and waved at him to sit anywhere while he flopped onto his couch in shock. His heart aches for no reason. Siwon will no longer try to pester him to resume their relationship. No more phonecalls, no more pesky emails, no more flowers.

 

I should be relieved, of course. He thought to himself.

 

Siwon moved towards the wine cabinet and retrieved 2 wineglasses. Then he found the corkscrew and begins to open the bottle of wine. The confident manner in which he moved about is not lost on Kyuhyun, the man has done the same thing a million times, and it is second nature to him.

 

“So you finally admit that you were unfaithful?” Kyuhyun asks shakily while suppressing the sudden urge to cry.

 

Siwon’s face is a sheet of cold hard steel. “I was never unfaithful to you. She was in my room at 2 in the morning to update some figures in our presentation due the following morning. You wouldn’t believe me, fine, I won’t marry someone who won’t trust me.”

 

Kyuhyun avoids Siwon’s hard gaze. He is certainly not going to cry before the man so he sips his wine in silence. “You could have just said your goodbye over the phone.” He mumbles, trying to sound as nonchalant as he could.

 

Siwon’s silence unnerved the stubborn boy and Kyuhyun turn to look at the ruggedly handsome man before him, Siwon’s gaze held his firmly. “I am going away for a while so I wanted to say a proper goodbye.”

 

Kyuhyun turned away to gulped down his drink nervously. His body tensed as he felt the hand on his back caressing him gently. “We made so many wonderful memories together. I don’t want our last memory to be the fight and you hurling the ring at my face.”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head slowly. He doesn’t want that either.

 

Siwon relieves the wineglass from the boy’s hand and slides closer so he could palm his bubble cheek tenderly. It seems to be an innocent gesture but the touch triggered the swirl of yearning in his heart. Kyuhyun couldn’t stop his body from reacting, his hand reached up to cover Siwon’s.

 

Siwon leaned closer and they kissed.

 

The kiss is so sweet, so familiar. Siwon’s lips are warm and wine-flavored. He tilts his head slightly and deepens the kiss effortlessly, increasing the pressure just the way Kyuhyun likes it.

 

The boy quivers helpessly, opening his arms to embrace the man and his lips to his restless tongue probing at him.

 

“I want to make love to you.” Siwon whispers into his beautiful ear.

 

Kyuhyun’s first instinct is to shake his head, to refuse. It’s a terrible idea.

 

“One last time.” Siwon implores again softly.

 

He wants his last memory of Siwon to be a sweet one too. No attachments, and he’s sure Siwon would make sure their mating would be memorable.

 

“One last time.” Kyuhyun agrees in a near inaudible whisper.

 

Siwon stood up, hook his arms under the younger’s knees and carry the boy like a bride into the bedroom.

 

Panic seized Kyuhyun. He wants to prepare himself for his lover. He pushed against the broad chest till Siwon looked down at him worriedly.

 

“Do you mind if I take a quick shower?”

 

~@~

 

Kyuhyun purred loudly as he stretched his limbs out lazily. He had slept well and even now his body is still warm and limber with remnant traces of euphoria. The dull ache in his back reminded him that last night was real.

 

It turned out that not only did Siwon not mind the slight disruption, he invited himself into the shower with Kyuhyun. Who is to blame the guy? The kiss Kyuhyun had given him before disappearing into the bathroom was a blatant invitation, wasn’t it?

 

Through the steam, Kyuhyun coyly studied the gloriously ness of Choi Siwon as the man approached him. He remembered the broad shoulders, the chocolaty six-pack abs, the narrow waist, the strong lean thighs…..and the long meaty shaft.

 

Siwon was scrutinising him as well, hungrily, and Kyuhyun had shivered with anticipation. Stepping under the shower, Siwon wasted no time running his eager callused hands along his lithe frame. Kyuhyun gasped when his wrists are roughly pulled above his head and pinned against the wall.

 

“Mhmmm…” Kyuhyun’s soft whines gave way to soft chuckles. He recalls Siwon declaring that it’s not over between them yet. He certainly believed the man, the kind of amazing love-making they have between them isn’t something to be discard easily.

 

The phone rang and he rolled over to answer it. “Hello?”

 

“Hi, it’s Siwon.”

 

Warmth flood Kyuhyun’s veins like warm honey.

 

“Good morning.” Kyuhyun cooed despite himself.

 

“I’m double-parked downstairs right now. I’m all packed to go but I seemed to have left my watch on the bedside table?”

 

A pang of heartache stabbed Kyuhyun but he made the effort to check the table next to him. “Yes, you did.” He said quietly when he saw the steel timepiece.

 

“Great! Do you think you can run down and pass it to me?”

 

So you can leave on your vacation? Kyuhyun’s heart broke a little. Today was to be the start of their month-long honeymoon. Kyuhyun had cancelled his leave when he broke off their engagement, figuring that work will help numbed his broken heart. Looks like Siwon chose to go ahead with his vacation plans instead.

 

“You still there, Kyu?” Siwon’s voice came through the line and woke the reminiscing man up.

 

“Y-yes…sure….see you in a minute.” Kyuhyun said hurriedly. Ending the call, he grabbed the watch, his own wallet and mobile phone and dashed downstairs.

 

“Quick, get in!” Siwon shouted when he saw Kyuhyun jogged out of the building. “The security guard yelled at me twice already.”

 

“Oh, then here-“ Kyuhyun’s joy at seeing Siwon again was temporarily confused and he attempts to push the watch through the open window.

 

“Whatever it is, hop in and tell me.”

 

“But I-“

 

“Quick!” Siwon urged urgently again. He leaned over and popped the passenger door open and without thinking Kyuhyun jumped in.

 

“Thanks.” Siwon said as he pulled away from the curb and drove away while Kyuhyun lay his watch down carefully on the dashboard.

 

“Sure.” Kyuhyun murmured coolly, now realising that Siwon isn’t prepared to see their spectacular night together all the way through. The man is in a rush to leave!

 

“Can you put it on me?” Siwon asks ing his wrist out.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and sighed but inwardly enjoying the chance to touch Siwon again. He remembered all the places that hand and its counterpart had been on his body and he grew warm.

 

“Siwon….”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I enjoyed last night.”

 

“Me too.” Siwon flashed him a roguish grin. Kyuhyun blushed furiously instantly.

 

“What I wanna say is….” Kyuhyun attempts shyly when his eyes caught sight of the highway sign. “W-where are we going?”

 

“Going for a drive.”

 

“I thought we are just circling the block!”

 

“You thought wrong.”

 

“What do you mean?!”

 

“”I’m kidnapping you.” Siwon replied plainly. Calmly he checked the rearview mirror and merged effortlessly with the highway traffic.

 

Kyuhyun checked his profile for any signs of joking but the solemnity on Siwon’s face is hell scary. So he laughed to eased the tension in the air.

 

“And why would you be doing that?”

 

“The usual reason.”

 

“Ransom?” Kyuhyun decides to play along.

 

Siwon nodded seriously.

 

“You’ve tons of money more than I do!” Kyuhyun protests jokingly.

 

“I’m not after money.”

 

“No?” Kyuhyun’s chest tightens as he felt a panic attack approaching. “What is it then?”

 

Siwon turned quickly and Kyuhyun saw tenderness in his eyes. “Your heart.” He declared gently.

 

“My heart?” Kyuhyun parroted dumbly.

 

“That’s right. You give me your heart and I’ll take you home.”

 

A long moment of silence ensures as Kyuhyun studies the man before him. Clean-shaven, angular, straight nose and determined chin. It is a face he cannot and never stopped loving. Tears gathered in his eyes as he realised that he still love the guy.

 

“You already have it.” He whispers shakily.

 

Siwon grinned like a winning salesman who just closed a big deal. “I knew it!” he declared triumphantly.

 

Kyuhyun burst into tearful laughter. “You can take me home now.”

 

“No can do.” Siwon shook his head. “If I take you home now without obtaining poof, I will look so whipped.”

 

“What kind of proof?” Kyuhyun asks curiously. If he is low on trust with Siwon back then then it is only fair that Siwon doesn’t trust him now….yet.

 

“Your signature on a marriage licence will suffice.”

 

“Marriage? But last night, you said….”

 

“I said goodbye.” Siwon nodded as he stops the car along a sheltered shoulder. “ I meant it, I wanna say good bye to the bad memories and make a new one with you.” He explains sincerely. “And I needed to know if you still loved me.”

 

“And what did you find out?”

 

“You wouldn’t have agreed to let me bed you if you did not still love me.”Siwon said as he took Kyuhyun’s hands into his and stare into the boy’s caramel orbs earnestly. “It wasn’t just last night, right?”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head quickly.

 

“We were making love.” Siwon states confidently. “I love you, Kyu. But we are at the crossroads of our relationship, literally.” He gestured smilingly at the exit to the highway before them. “I can take that exit and drive you home in half an hour and we say goodbye.”

 

“Or?”  Kyuhyun asks excitedly.

 

“Or, you can trust me. Give me your heart to keep for a lifetime.” Siwon replied, eyes half-lidded with desire.

 

Kyuhyun rubs his rign finger absently. He have to admit that he misses the engagement ring that used to sit on that finger. “You mean we should get engaged again?” He asks timidly.

 

“No way, once bitten twice shy.” Siwon shook his head adamantly. “I made an appointment at wedding registry. We get married today!”

 

“B-but…” Kyuhyun glanced down at the sweat shirt and pants outfit he had thrown on hurriedly after taking Siwon’s call. Thoughts of the designer wedding suit he wouldn’t get to wear, or the invitations he wouldn’t get to send, the relatives and friends he wouldn’t get to mingle amongst, the wedding luncheon he will not be attending and the thank you notes he will not be writing for the wedding gifts- and the tightness in his chest loosen.

 

Raising his head once again, he lost himself in the glittering onyx eyes looking tenderly at him. Who needs a glamorous wedding? “I’m in!” He declared, throwing himself into the patiently waiting man.

 

He’d never felt so carefree all his life. His pulse thumped enthusiastically but he felt so light that he might float out of the window if Siwon wasn’t holding onto him tightly.

 

“I am so in love with you, Choi Kyuhyun!” Siwon laughed exuberantly. And the answer he received is the pair of warm luscious lips pressed determinedly on his own.