Kids say the darnedest things

Heartbabykyu's Wonkyu drabbles

I've decided to put this here instead of posting it as a new story because it is really just a drabble and I will not be expanding it.

So have fun with it.

Siwon appa, Kyuppa and little Hyukjae.


 

“Kyuuuuuuuuupaaaaaaaaaaa………”

 

Kyuhyun turned upon hearing the familiar shrieking from across the opposite end of the mall. He grinned as he sees his 4 year old son came tearing through the throng of weekend shoppers towards him.

 

He had ceased being embarrassed by the toddler’s antics. Being a parent long enough tend to do that to you.

 

And right behind the boisterous child is a bigger, larger version of him in pursue. Siwon is grateful every day that his job keeps him fit because no way he could never otherwise keep up with his son on a daily basis.

 

At last reaching where Kyuhyun had been sitting in an outdoor cafe enjoying his coffee for the past hour while Siwon brought Hyukjae for a session in the jungle gym, Hyukjae threw himself at his Kyuppa’s legs.

 

“What do you feed him everyday? Rocket fuel?” Siwon grumbles good-naturedly as he flops exhaustedly into the empty seat across the tiny table.

 

Kyuhyun chuckles as Hyukjae snuggles deeper into his arms while gabbing about his recent experience in the jungle gym. Siwon signaled for a waiter to approach and ordered a coffee for himself and a glass of cold milk for his son.

 

“And appa and I went into the pet shop, and we saw cats, and dogs, and ~” Hyukjae purse his thin lips thoughtfully as he tries to recall the other animal names his Siwon appa just taught him.

 

“Were there rabbits in the petshop?’ Kyuhyun asks helpfully.

 

“Rabbits! And birds, and…..”

 

“We saw hamsters too.” Siwon provides helpfully.

 

“And hamsters!” Hyukjae’s troubled facial expression unravels into a wide childish grin.

 

“Wow!”  Kyuhyun exclaimed with pride.

 

“There were 2 girl cats and 4 boy cats.” Hyukjae held up his tiny fingers to show the correct number.

 

“Kittens.” Siwon corrects quietly from the side.

 

“And how do you know if they are boy or girl cats?” Kyuhyun asks.

 

“Appa took each one and turn it upside down.” Hyukjae replied wisely. “It is written on the bottom.”

 

Siwon stared at his son appalled while Kyuhyun burst out laughing. Hyukjae took his Kyuppa’s laugh as praise for him so the little boy smiled widely too. Siwon joined in the laughter and Hyukjae felt proud of himself for receiving praise from his appa too.

 

“I want cake!” Hyukjae pouts when his milk came without any accompaniments.

 

“Let’s go check out what cakes they have at the counter.” Siwon offers as he took his son’s hand and they made their way into the cafe.

 

“Your son is very adorable.” The lady sitting alone at the next table spoke up as Kyuhyun looks through the glass doors at father and son peering eagerly at the cake displays and discussing exuberantly.

 

He turned to the smiling female and returned her smile. “Thank you. He can be a handful sometimes.”

 

“I hope my child will be as energetic and adorable as yours.” She said wistfully while her protruding belly.

 

“How soon?” Kyuhyun asks kindly.

 

“A month more to go.” The pregnant lady replied with a sad smile.

 

“Kyuuuuuuuuuupppppppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!” Hyukjae’s loud shrieks interrupted their conversation. Kyuhyun turned as Hyukjae jumps back onto his lap.

 

“What did you and appa get?” Kyuhyun asks ruffling the youngster’s hair while Siwon finally reached the table balancing 3 pieces of cake gingerly in his hands.

 

“Cake!” Hyukjae announced excitedly.

 

“I got a piece of carrot cake.” Siwon explains hurriedly. He is all too aware that his spouse prefers to balance their son’s snack intake with something healthy.

 

“Thank you, Wonnie.” Kyuhyun replied with a smile. “Hyukkie, which one ~”

 

“Appa, she’s fat!” Hyukjae suddenly remarked after staring for a long while at the same lady at the next table who was just conversing with Kyuhyun a minute ago.

 

All 3 adults burst into laughter, much to Hyukjae’s chagrin. He directs his disapproving pout at each of them in turn.

 

“She’s not fat, Hyukkie. She is having a baby.” Kyuhyun explains gently.

 

“Baby?” Hyukkie’s eyes grew wide.

 

“In here.” The lady gestures at her baby bump. Hyukkie’s mouth dropped open in extreme surprise and he turned to his Kyuppa for an explanation. “Do you want to feel the baby?” The lady offers kindly.

 

Hyukjae closes his mouth and was about to nod but then he remembers that he needs to ask permission from his parents. Turning a look of appeal towards Kyuhyun, he immediately got a nod in reply.

 

So the little boy scrambles off his umma’s lap and moved tentatively towards the lady with a baby in her tummy.

 

When he reaches her side, she reached out to take his head and place it on her big tummy. At first there wasn’t anything and Hyukjae couldn’t help feeling disappointed.

 

And then there was a movement against his palm. His eyebrows shot up in surprise as he felt something kick his palm several times.

 

“Wow!” He remarked in awe then grinned triumphantly at the lady smiling down at him. “Thank you.” He said shyly to her.

 

“You’re welcomed.” She replied, letting go of his hand then watching as he runs back to his parents.

 

Much to Siwon and Kyuhyun’s surprise, Hyukjae sat and ate his cake in total silence.

 

“Good luck!” Kyuhyun wished the lady as she waved goodbye at the nice little family.

 

The two adults soon became engaged in small talk but a corner of Kyuhyun’s mind is still on his too subdued son. From the corner of his eye he could see the toddler stabbing his unfinished piece of cake sullenly.

 

“What’s wrong, baby?” Kyuhyun asks softly as he ruffles the boy’s hair gently. Siwon caught the concerned note in his spouse’s voice and looked at his son worriedly too.

 

“She’s scary.” Hyukjae mutters softly into his cake.

 

“Who’s scary, son?” Siwon asks instantly in reflex, raising his eyes to scan the surroundings for threat.

 

“That fat lady.” Hyukjae replied shortly. Kyuhyun and Siwon exchanged looks of confusion.

 

“What did she do, baby?” Kyuhyun asks still frowning.

 

“She ate her baby.” Hyukjae mutters glumly.

 

It took a moment for the 2 adults to comprehend and an eternity for them to struggle with their laughter so as not to hurt little Hyukjae’s feelings.