Love is a wonderful thing

Heartbabykyu's Wonkyu drabbles

“I think he met someone, Mom.” Jiwon whispers softly to her mother as they listened to the disjointed singing coming from the bathroom where a certain someone is taking a bath and holding his personal concert all at the same time.

 

Birds fly, they don't think twice

They simply spread their wings

The sun shines, it don't ask why

Or what the whole thing means

 

The same applies to you and I

We never question that

So good, it's just understood

Ain't no conjecture, it's just a matter of fact

 

Love is a wonderful thing

Make ya smile through the pouring rain

Love is a wonderful thing

I'll say it again and again

 

Turn your world into one sweet dream

Take your heart and make it sing

Love, love, love is a wonderful thing

 

The elder lady paused briefly her busy hands washing fresh lettuce leaves to listen. She cringed at how bad her son’s singing is but without a doubt there is a note of unprecedented lightness in his vocals.

 

“You think so?” She asks her daughter dubiously.

 

“Uh huh.” Jiwon nods wisely. She claims to know her brother very well, and so far she hasn’t been wrong because Siwon wears his heart on his sleeve.

 

Her mother beamed at the thought of welcoming a new member into the family. “I wonder who is the nice boy.” She gushed.

 

Jiwon rubs her chin thoughtfully as she considers the list of candidates. She is pretty sure the “nice boy” is someone whom Siwon knows well, her brother does not “fall in love at first sight”.

 

Or so she thinks…

 

The bathroom door opened with a bang, surprising the 2 gossiping ladies. Siwon emerged clad only in a pair of boxer shorts. Droplets of water are dripping off the ends of his wet, messy hair, and his upper torso is glistening from his bath.

 

“Oh dear, how many times do I have to tell you to dry up properly before coming out of the bathroom, Siwonnie?” His mother scolds.

 

“Sorry mom!” Siwon stuck his tongue out playfully as he bounds towards his room humming loudly.

 

Jiwon turns to her mother and they exchanged a look.

 

Yup, that boy is definitely in love.

 

 

The only thing a river knows

Is runnin' to the sea

And every spring when a flower grows

It happens naturally

 

The same magic when you're in my arms

No logic can define, oh no

Don't know why, just feels so right

I only know it happens every time

 

Love is a wonderful thing

Make ya smile through the pouring rain

Love is a wonderful thing

I'll say it again and again

 

Turn your world into one sweet dream

Take your heart and make it sing

Love, love, love is a wonderful thing

 

“Kyuuuuuuuuuu!”

 

Kyuhyun paused in his walk and turned at the familiar voice calling him. A smile blossomed on his soft lips as he watched the tall figure running towards him from hundreds of meters away. The slim handsome face is adorned with a ridiculous set of dimples as his thin lips pulled wide with a large grin.

 

Siwon could not, would not, take his eyes off the person he is running towards. His heart flew ahead of him to meet with his beloved simply because his legs couldn’t go any faster.

 

As Kyuhyun watched and admired, Siwon came to a stop next to him and grabbed his hands into his tight grasp. Onyx eyes glittering like stars in the night sky, hardly out of breath, not a strand of hair out of place.

 

“Hey.” Siwon greeted with mild abashment.

 

Kyuhyun’s cheeks flushed rapidly at the mere utterance. “Hey.” He squeaked back and lowered his face hastily to hide his shyness.

 

Siwon chuckles at how shy his boyfriend is even though he was subjected to excessive Choi’s style skinship for nearly a month now. Unconsciously he begins to play with Kyuhyun’s beautifully sleek and long fingers.

 

Kyuhyun gasped softly as he realised the contrast of their skin color, Siwon’s mocha and his own milky white. Siwon heard the light gasp and bend down to check what caught Kyuhyun’s attention, his own caught by their entangling fingers, a swirl of mocha latte.

 

“We fit each other so well.” Siwon murmurs lovingly, causing another wave of hot flush to scorch Kyuhyun’s already warm cheeks.

 

“Aish…” Kyuhyun hissed half-hearted, his heart exploding with all sorts of pride and sweetness.

 

 

 

Oh, when the cold wind blows

I know you're gonna be there to warm me

That's what keeps me goin'

And our sweet love gonna keep on growin', just keep on growin'

 

Love is a wonderful thing

Make ya smile through the pouring rain

Love is a wonderful thing, oh yeah

I'll say it again and again

 

And turn your world into one sweet dream

Take your heart and make it sing

It's love, love, love is a wonderful

Love, love, love is a wonderful

Love, love, love is a wonderful thing

 

 

Coff….coff….sniff…..snifff…sniff….coff…..

 

“Are you feeling better, baby?” Siwon asks, brows furrowing with deep concern as he gently presses a mug of hot herbal tea into the cold hands.

 

Kyuhyun looked up and shook his head sullenly. His nose rubbed raw is now all red and swollen, his voice a cracked baritone, and his body trembling almost undetected.

 

Siwon’s heart cracked ever so slightly as he observed his lover’s watery eyes and grey pallor. “I made you some herbal tea, it’s good for your cold. Drink up.”

 

Kyuhyun’s lips folded out some more as he imagines how bitter the tea would be. He wasn’t expecting the comforting hand the back of his head, cajoling him to drink the medicinal brew and unconsciously begin to purr, much to his own embarrassment.

 

Siwon chuckles with delight at seeing how shy his beloved is despite purring with contentment.

 

“Drink, it will do you good.” Siwon coax again.

 

Kyuhyun’s pout grew to a size that could rival the Guiness Book of Records but he obediently took a swig of the steaming liquid and immediately broke into convulsions from the foreign taste. Siwon was quickly by side wrapping his protective arms around the younger boy and his limbs in a comforting gesture.

 

Bravely, Kyuhyun took another sip, then another, shuddering as he goes along, till he emptied the cup. Siwon flashed him a smile filled with pride as he took the mug from him and set it aside before coming back to engulf his ailing boyfriend fully in his warm embrace.

 

“I’m cold….” Kyuhyun whined and felt the arms around him tightened.

 

“Love is a wonderful thing

Make ya smile through the pouring rain

Love is a wonderful thing, oh yeah

I'll say it again and again…”

 

Siwon belted out the high notes in a badly strained voice. He could feel the other shaking with giggles at his poor attempt to sing and he smiled too while he cuddles his young lover tenderly, nuzzling his nose into the fragrance of vanilla and spice that is purely his Kyuhyun.

"Hey baby?"

"Hmm?"

"Once you are well, I wanna bring you to meet  my folks." Siwon said as he massages the beautiful fingers one by one.

"Huh?!"

Siwon bend lower and plant a chaste kiss on the cool forehead. "I wanna show the world the person I am crazy in love with."

"Won ~"

"Yes, baby, everyone must know." Siwon mutters against the palm he has brought to his lips to nuzzle. "That I love you."

 


 

AN: A short piece for 407, I'm not obliged but I won't be called stingy  *glares at a certain sneaky and mean author*

My apologies in advance if parts of this don't make sense, I wrote without 100% concentration LOL

By the way, in case you haven't got it, I stole the idea from Michael Bolton's song - Love is a wonderful thing, a absolutely catchy little happy tune.