I saw Daddy kissing Santa Claus

Heartbabykyu's Wonkyu drabbles

A short, short piece for Wonkyu Christmas. Probably not much of a read, but hope you like it anyways  :)

Merry Christmas Everyone!


 

 

 

Kyuhyun hummed a Christmas ditty softly as he wraps the last of the pink tinsel carefully around the Christmas tree branches. Once he’s done, he stood back to check the fruit of his 3 hours’ of labour.

 

“Waaaaaa…..” Hyukjae exclaims his awe loudly as he got onto his feet and rushed to join his Kyuppa. Both father and son stood aside studying the beautifully lavished tree.

 

Kyuhyun is especially proud of himself this year. Hyukjae is finally old enough to appreciate the holiday and everything that goes with it so as his father, he had put in extra effort to make this a memorable first Christmas for his son.

 

“Isn’t it beautiful, Hyukkie? Kyuhyun asks the excited boy who is reaching out to touch the little golden cupid twirling gently at the end of a fir branch.

 

Hyukjae retracts his little hand instantly and looked up with a wide toothless grin while nodding vigourously. Kyuhyun chuckled and ruffles the soft hair on top of the toddler’s crown.

 

“And do you know what we are going to do next, baby?” Kyuhyun couldn’t resists teasing his happy child.

 

It’s great entertainment for the father to watch as his son pucker up his tiny lips and scrunched up his little nose while thinking hard. Kyuhyun would especially take delight in watching the familiar combination of his and Siwon’s features tensing and relaxing in quick succession as Hyukjae thought and thought some  more.

 

“Cocoa and marshmallow!” Hyukjae suddenly see the light and yell out with the kind of unbridled joy only children are capable of.

 

“Yes!” Kyuhyun chuckles as he starts to move towards the kitchen with his son eagerly following.

 

While his Kyuppa rummages through the cupboards, Hyukjae climbed onto his high chair placed right next to the breakfast counter along with the “big people” chairs belonging to his Appa and Kyuppa.

 

Kicking his short legs mindlessly, his eyes wandered towards the refrigerator. Just then his Kyuppa opens it to get the milk and he caught a glimpse of the remaining chocolate cake sitting seductively right in the middle of the shelf. Of course, the little tot has no idea what seduction feels like, but his little tummy sure rumbled good.

 

“Kyuppa ~” He whines next.

 

“Yes, baby?” Kyuhyun replied without turning away from the boiling saucepan.

 

“I’m hungry, Kyuppa ~” Hyukjae whines again.

 

“Oh? Is there anything you would like to eat, baby?” Kyuhyun asks absently as he concentrates on pouring the boiling milk into the mugs.

 

“Chocolate cake!” Hyukjae replied instantly.

 

“Ok-“ Kyuhyun replied, still absently.

 

In a flash, Hyukjae is out of his seat and opening the refrigerator door to pull out the cake.

 

 

Sadly, Hyukjae’s little scheme ended the moment his Kyuppa turned around and caught him trying to balance the cake in his hand while climbing back into his seat. Kyuhyun laughed with amusement as he took the cake away from the pouting toddler and put a mug of cocoa and a plate of plate animal crackers before him.

 

@

 

Kyuhyun is nearly asleep when he hears keys jangling at the front door. Feeling suddenly awake and playful, he pretends to be still asleep.

 

He hears the lock turns and the door opened quietly. Feeling all giggly, he had to cup his hand over his mouth to stay silent. The lights were turned very low so he doubted his abrupt actions could be seen.

 

Next came heavy clumping as thick boots walked in and he hears the door closed again. For no reason his hearts starts to palpitate really fast as he waited. Kyuhyun had to stifle another giggle when he heard a mumbled curse followed a loud bump as his late-night intruder stubbed his toe against furniture in the dark.

 

A soft footfall could be heard on the stairs behind him but he was too distracted by strange rustlings noises at his feet. The rustling noises grew louder as they approached him. He could feel that the moment he is waiting for has arrived, instinctively he scrunched his eyes tightly closed and every muscle in his body stiffens.

 

The plasticky rustlings is now next to his ears, then fur tickling his face as he feels a presence presses close to him. His brows closed into a confused frown and that was enough to alert the person observing him that he was faking sleep.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes popped open in shock as he felt himself drowning in a sea of warm fur. A pair of familiar lips is searching for his, kissing him gently.

 

“W-won?” He gasps before succumbing to the warm kiss. The fur may be irritating him but the hands wrapping themselves around his lithe body and his warm skin are distractions enough. Kyuhyun closed his eyes once again and allowed himself to enjoy the moment, parting his lips as his kisser languidly enters his mouth and both of their tongues together.

 

Kyuhyun moans breathily. The onsurge of fur tickles him and he giggles deep in his throat.

 

When the kiss finally broke apart, Kyuhyun was too dazed to recognize at first who was kissing him. The face was hidden behind a full white beard while the head of white curls hid the eyes. The person is in a Santa Claus suit complete with a distended tummy that is crooked and dented in certain areas.

 

“Santa?” Kyuhyun mutters stupidly for a moment more before he woke up fully. “What?!” He yelled as he bolt right up on the couch, his instincts telling his body to gear up for a fight against an intruder.

 

He heard the deep chuckles first then saw it as the Santa Claus before him starts to shake with mirth. The plasticky rustlings begins again as the chuckles grew louder.

 

“Won?” Kyuhyun frowns disapprovingly at the laughing man.

 

“Yes, babe, it’s me.” Siwon managed to replied between laughs. Seeing no change in his spouse’s demeanor, he pulled at the elastic band holding up the beard to reveal his face. Kyuhyun relaxed visibly.

 

“What are you doing all dressed up as Santa?” Kyuhyun asks, rolling his eyes slightly.

 

“I was on a stakeout outside the mall.” Siwon replied as he took the seat Kyuhyun had moved aside to make for him. “When we were done and returned to the station, the office Christmas party was in full swing and some wise guy thought it would be fun if Santa came to the party too so I was stuck in this suit for the whole evening.”

 

“But –“ Kyuhyun was about to question further. Siwon got ahead of him instead.

 

“And then this wise guy Santa thought it would be fun to come home and kiss his Mrs Claus while still in his work suit.” Siwon grinned playfully.

 

Kyuhyun smacks his husband’s arm in protest. “That’s the lamest excuse I ever heard.” He faked frustration and rolled his eyes in good measure.

 

“You still loved it anyway, didn’t you?” Siwon egged on. “To be kissed by Santa Claus?”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and looked away. He felt the couch dipped then Siwon standing up next to him. “Will you do me the honor, baby?”

 

“What kind?” Kyuhyun turned back and saw Siwon extending his white gloved hand at him. Getting no answer apart from a boyish grin, he put his hand into his hasband’s and allowed himself to be led off the couch and towards the wreath of mistletoe he hung over the kitchen entrance.

 

“We should do this right.” Siwon chuckles as he positions them exactly under the green and red wreath and wraps his steely arms around his beautiful spouse again. Leaning down, he took possession of those soft pillowy lips again. He could feel Kyuhyun relaxing and molding himself into his embrace as the kiss they are sharing heats them up slowly.

 

@

 

 

Kyuhyun sang every Christmas song he knows as he bustles around the kitchen preparing breakfast. He is in a darn good mood this morning, and how can you blame the man? He had a pretty magical night; after the kiss under the mistletoe, Santa Siwon had led him upstairs to their bedroom where he proceeded to show him his Christmas gift (well in advance).

 

In the middle of a soft rendition of “Jingle Bells” Kyuhyun turned abruptly and realised how subdued his son is this morning. Something in his maternal instincts screamed alert.

 

“Hyukkie?” He calls cautiously but the boy refuses to raise his head from the bowl of oatmeal he is playing with for the past 10 minutes. “Hyukkie? Baby? What’s wrong?”

 

Silence prevails and it is starting to annoy Kyuhyun. He puts down the saucepan in his hand and sat down besides the stubborn toddler.

“Hyukkie? Look at Kyuppa, please.”

 

The note of finality in his father’s voice gave the boy no choice so he raise his head and train his pair of morose-looking eyes at the stern adult. Kyuhyun’s heart broke at the pitiful sight and he relented slightly, toning down the irritability in his voice.

 

“What’s wrong, baby? Won’t you share with Kyuppa?” Kyuhyun attempts again gently, his son’s hair just as gently.

 

Hyukjae’s eyes grew even rounder and he looks like he is going to cry real soon. Kyuhyun panicked at the rare sight but willed himself to stay calm as he waits for his son to tell him.

 

Hyukjae’s obstinate demeanor begins to crumble as time went by and soon he was whining and crying. Kyuhyun stares speechlessly as his son throws a wordless tantrum.

 

“Kyuppaaaaaaaaaaaaa~” Hyukjae whines and fell into his father’s arms weeping. Kyuhyun could only the shuddering boy helplessly.

 

“Tell me what’s wrong, baby?” Kyuhyun starts to fret.

 

“K-Kyuppa, are…are you going to leave Appa and Hyukkie?” Hyukjae hiccupped but he struggles bravely to gather himself together.

 

“What? Why would you say that?” Kyuhyun frowned.

 

Hyukjae pouted as he fought with himself one last time whether to ask his father or not the worrying question.

 

“Hyukjae, tell Kyuppa what happened?”

 

Hyukjae hesitated a while more before gathering all of his courage to look his father in the eye. “I saw you kissing Santa Claus last night!”

 

Kyuhyun’s jaws dropped in surprise. “Are you going to go to Santa Land and stay there with Santa? Are you going to leave Appa and Hyukkie here?”

 

Once the initiate shock passed, Kyuhyun starts to laugh while his son sat there wondering if his parent has lost his mind. In the midst of laughter, a worry crossed Kyuhyun’s mind, how is he going to explain all this to his son and not destroy his childish belief of Santa Claus?

 

“Kyuppa! Kyuppa! Kyuppaaaaaa ~” Hyukjae starts to whine and kick.

 

“Hmm? Yes, Hyukkie, right.” Kyuhyun stammers as he forms a lame plan. Taking a deep breath, he decides to take the plunge. He will, of course, tell Siwon later about this and hope his husband doesn’t chew him out.

 

“Hyukkie, honey, you know how much I love your Appa and you, right?” Kyuhyun begins nervously and is relieved to see his son nod fervently. “I will never leave you or your Appa, ever.”

 

Hyukjae’s eyes shines hopefully next. “About Santa visiting us last night and, erm, what you’d seen…shall we keep it our little secret?”

 

 

Obviously the idea of hiding things from his Appa is not appealing to the little boy. “We can’t tell Appa too?”

 

“No, honey, it will just be yours and my little secret.” Kyuhyun stresses. The letdown expression on his son’s face is worrying.

 

“Hyukjae’s and Kyuppa’s secret?” Hyukjae affirms again.

 

“Yes, baby.” Kyuhyun extends his pinkie finger towards his son and watched with abated breath as Hyukjae curls his tiny pinkie finger around his.

 

“Secret.” Hyukjae agrees.

 

Kyuhyun sighes a breath of relief as he ruffles his smiling son’s hair. He will need to call Siwon and prepare him for tonight, the man will have a lot of damages to undo but really, this is all his fault to begin with.

 

Kyuhyun cackles evilly as he congratulates himself silently for a job well done pushing the buck to his unsuspecting husband.