1013(2013) Is it too late to say I Love U

Heartbabykyu's Wonkyu drabbles

This is my 1013(2013) celebratory ficc ^^

I wanted to do some major fluff for today but my fluff muse is on leave.

Anyhoo, Happy #1013 Day everyone!!!


 

“I love you.” Siwon declared in a soft whisper, his eyes shone tenderly, his lips curled up in an assuring smile.

 

Kyuhyun jolted involuntarily. Eyes widen as he stare at the man before him, his mouth open but unable to articulate. “I ~”

 

Siwon’s brows tugged ever so lightly, he doesn’t like seeing the person he loves in distress, no matter how slight.

 

“I-I’m so-sorry.” Kyuhyun apologized in a cracked voice, lowering his head in shame.

 

“Why are you apologizing, baby?” Siwon is confused.

 

“I~I can’t……I can’t say it back to…to you…..” Kyuhyun looks truly miserable. Siwon paused and they sat in uncomfortable silence for a while.

 

“Hey, baby?” Siwon finally found his voice. Taking the smaller man into his embrace, he murmurs. “That’s ok with me. Take all the time you need.”

 

Kyuhyun looked up tentatively and Siwon took the chance to press their foreheads lightly together.

 

“I know you love me, you must.” Siwon smiles knowingly. “It doesn’t matter if you can’t say it now.”

 

 

And that is what is running through Kyuhyun’s frenzied mind as he kneeled by Siwon’s side in a dirty little alley weeping hysterically.

 

“I love you! I love you, Siwon! Please! Wake up! Don’t die! Don’t! Please! I love you! Can you hear me? Won! Siwon! Please!”

 

“Please move to one side!” Someone requested rather sternly but Kyuhyun refuses to budge. He cannot leave Siwon now. He cannot, not without Siwon hearing him declaring his love for him. “Hey, move it, kid!”

 

“Oh my god! It’s Siwon!” Someone shouted urgently. Kyuhyun is shoved aside to the ground as a group of uniformed men jostled for space to reach Siwon.

 

“Won! No! Don’t take him from me! Nooooo!” Kyuhyun screamed tearfully as he fought for his space among them.

 

“Get the kid out of here!”

 

Kyuhyun felt a pair of strong arms clasped him around the middle and pull him further and further away. “NOOOOO!!! WON!!!!”

 

Kicking and screaming, he was still easily pulled away from the bloody sight where Siwon laid bleeding to death…..or is he already dead? Kyuhyun shuddered at the thought.

 

“You have to calm down, kid. Come on, breathe! Breathe in, breathe out!” The person who is still holding him said.

 

“I~” Kyuhyun’s breathing hitched and he choked, unable to breathe.

“Breathe! You need to breathe!”

 

The person deposits him facing the wall away from the sight of the curious crowd. The pair of strong arms unraveled but hovered close.

 

“Breathe in, breathe out.” Came the kind but stern instructions again.

 

“I need ~ I need to…” Kyuhyun gasps shakily but he followed the instructions. Gradually his breathing calmed down. “I must get back to Siwon….”

 

“Hey, hey, hey, not so fast!” The arms caught him just as he turned to run back into the alley. “You are not helping by getting in the way of those people who really can save Siwon.”

 

“Sa-save…..you mean…..mean he’s…Si….Siwon is still….alive?” Kyuhyun stutters, his body trembling like a lone leaf in the wind.

 

“Yes, he is. And you can help by answering some questions so we can catch the perp!”

 

Kyuhyun nodded bug-eyed, allowing himself to be led to the police car parked not too far away.

 

“Wa-wait! Why….why….No….plea….please….”Kyuhyun mutters incoherently when he realized that he is being led to a police car. Struggling weakly, his tears fell.

 

“Hey, hey, calm down. I’m not arresting you. I just want to find you someplace to sit down.” The policeman assures as he pulls open the door and led the youth to sit down.

 

“Now, let’s start with your name.” The policeman said kneeling by Kyuhyun’s side. Kyuhyun stares uncomprehendingly. The question makes no sense to him.  “Your name. What is your name?”

 

After repeating himself a few times, Kyuhyun finally understood. “Kyuhyun. Cho…Kyuhyun.”

 

“Good, and how old are you, Kyuhyun-sshi?”

 

“Eigh-eighteen.”

 

After getting all the personal details, Kyuhyun proceed to relate what he saw.

 

“So you saw the assailant?”

 

“No, no, I saw a black shadow. He…he was holding a gun….and he…he opened fire…I saw the spark…..and then Si-Siwon…fell…..and he was bleed-bleeding…..and…and….” Kyuhyun began to hyperventilate again. “Plea-please…..I….need….need to….see….see…him…..”

 

As if on cue, the EMTs carried Siwon out of the alley on a stretcher. Kyuhyun shot up from his seat and ran towards them as Siwon is loaded into the stretcher. Kyuhyun made to climb in after them but one of the EMT stopped him.

 

“Please! Let me go with you! Please!” Kyuhyun begged hysterically.

 

“No way, kid! You are too hysterical! You will get in the way!”

 

“Blood pressure falling!” Another EMT yelled from within. Kyuhyun found himself shoved aside unceremoniously and the ambulance drove off.

 

Kyuhyun wailed from where he had fallen sitting on asphalt. “Come on kid, I’ll drive you to the hospital.” The policeman offers as he pulls the boy onto his feet. Feeling utterly grateful, Kyuhyun followed after the man as fast as his feeble knees can allow him.

 

The journey to the hospital is fraught with complete silence. Kyuhyun wring his hands repeatedly till they are red and raw but he doesn’t seem to be aware of the pain.

 

“We’re here.” The policeman’s voice broke through all the noises going on in Kyuhyun’s head telling him every negative thing that could happen to Siwon. Kyuhyun sat inert staring at the hospital entrance.

 

“Is there someone you wanna call to come and keep you company?”

 

Still the boy stare, as if unable to comprehend again. The question is posed at him again for another 3 more times without success.

 

“Do you carry a mobile phone?”

 

Kyuhyun reached into his pocket and drag out the phone dully. But he made no further attempts to move.

 

“Do you want me to make the calls for you?”

 

A dull nod.

 

The policeman took the phone from his hand and look at him expectantly. “Family? A friend?”

 

“We…I…..”Kyuhyun is about to say they are orphans so there is no family to call.

 

“ We know Siwon is an orphan.” The man in blue said kindly but Kyuhyun flinched as if the man had raised a fist at him. “He’s one of us, so we know.”

 

Kyuhyun relaxed again and stare unseeingly out of the windshield.

 

“A friend?”

 

“Hae-hyung…..Donghae…..” Kyuhyun mutters dully again.

 

The policeman ran through the phonebook in the phone and located the name. He then places a quick call before hanging up.

 

“He will be here in 20 minutes.”

 

Kyuhyun reached for the phone held out to him. He felt numb, his brain is numb, he doesn’t really know what he is supposed to do next.

 

“Let’s go in and wait for your friend.”

 

Letting himself be led into the building, the first thing he cringed at is the strong antiseptic smell that hit him. He abhors hospitals, they give off the smell of death. He doesn’t want to be reminded of the night he lost his parents.

 

And now Siwon…..he’s going to lose Siwon too…in here……

 

The next thing he saw was a few nurses sitting at the nurse stations wiping tears quietly. His knees locked and he couldn’t move another step.

 

No! Siwon…..he’s…..

 

The policeman next to him saw his reaction and hurriedly reached out to grab his hand just as he starts to sway. Pulling him along as they approaches the counter.

 

“Officer Choi? He’s still in surgery.” A nurse sniffs sadly as she replies. “We are still waiting for news.”

 

“See kid, he’s still alive.” The policeman smiled gently at him. “Come on, let’s find you a seat.”

 

Kyuhyun found himself deposited outside an operating theater then left with a promise that the police will come back to take a formal statement. And then he’s all alone sitting in a cold chair on an empty corridor.

 

Minutes dragged on at an agonizingly pace. Donghae turned up sometime during the wait and it took Kyuhyun almost ten minutes to thaw and be aware of the other’s presence. When he did, he began weeping in his embrace and could not stop.

 

“Hae-hyung…….I’m so afraid!”

 

“Ssssh…..Siwon will not want to see you like this when he is out of surgery.”

 

“The-there’s so much bl-blood….” Kyuhyun shivers violently at the memory. “I-I want to…to hold it..it in bu-but….ho-hole is…is….so bi-big.” Donghae shudders at the imagery too and he tightens his arm reflectively.  “I-I’m afra-afraid my…my hand….will…fa-fall in….”

 

Endless tears kept pouring down Kyuhyun’s greyish cheeks.

 

“I haven’t…..haven’t say…..Si….Siwon…hasn’t…..” Kyuhyun hiccupped continuously with fear.

 

“Ssssh…..dry your tears now…..”

 

“Si-siwon hasn’t hear…me say that I love…him….” Kyuhyun wailed.

 

“You can tell him when he comes out later.”

 

“I’m so….so afra..afraid he will not…not be able….to he…hear….ear….”

 

Donghae kept rubbing soothing circles on the younger’s back trying to calm him down but the boy cannot be comforted.

 

Minutes continue to tick by and the tears stopped. Donghae breathed a sigh of relief, stealing glances at the boy next to him from time to time. Kyuhyun’s sudden inertia is eerie after the episode of loud wailing. Donghae took in the sickly green pallor and the ragged breathing that came in loud spurts. At one point he felt he just have to maintain contact with the younger one or risk losing him to outer space so he reach out to hold Kyuhyun’s hand. To his relief, Kyuhyun did not push him away so they continue to wait holding hands.

 

Donghae isn’t too sure when the change occurred. By the time he is pretty aware of it, Kyuhyun is already on his feet pacing as he mutters angry curses under his breath. He blinked in confusion as he studies Kyuhyun’s beautiful face twist grotesquely with anger.

 

“Kyu ~”

 

“Why are they taking so long!” Kyuhyun turned sharply snarling. Donghae jumped in shock but remained silent for the next two hours watching timidly as Kyuhyun paced before him like a predator on prowl. Donghae dare not fall asleep now even though he is feeling exhausted…any minute now ~

 

Donghae shot out of his seat just as Kyuhyun stopped abruptly in mid-step and slump forward towards the floor unconscious like a puppet with his strings cut. His lifeless body folds and sagged into Donghae’s chest as they both sat down heavily onto the rubber tiled floor.

 

“Kyu! Kyu!” Donghae taps the flopping body awkwardly since Kyuhyun is lying heavily on his arms. A passing nurse rushed forward to help the struggling man pull the unconscious boy upright.

 

“Kyu? Can you hear me? Kyu!” Donghae calls frantically as Kyuhyun moans softly whilst regaining consciousness. “Can you hear me, Kyu?”

 

“I think it’s best we get him to the ER.” The nurse said in a crisp and efficient manner.

 

“H-hyung…” Kyuhyun whimpers as he flutters his eyelids to steady his swimming vision.

 

“Kyu, hyung is going to bring you to a doctor, ok?” Donghae said urgently.

 

“Let me get a wheelchair.” The nurse offers and hurries away.

 

“No-nooooo….” Kyuhyun murmurs drowsily. “Op-peration…here…wa-wait.”

 

“You need a doctor to look at you, Kyu.” Donghae tries to rationalize.

 

“N-no, pl-please-“ Kyuhyun murmurs softly and thrash his limbs weakly to protest. And then his head lolled and he fell back into unconsciousness.

 

 

 

 

Donghae sighed softly as he gently rubs circles on the back of Kyuhyun’s hand which he is grasping tensely. Everything that happened within the day is tiring him out but he cannot relax just yet.

 

The ER doctor had diagnosed Kyuhyun with mental tension and physical fatigue. Donghae hasn’t a clue what all the medical terms coming out of the young doctor’s mouth meant but common sense tells Donghae the unconscious boy needs time out. Despite already being unconscious, the doctor still gave him a dose of sedatives to help Kyuhyun sleep better.

 

How can anyone sleep better knowing that his loved one is fighting for his life in the operating theater?

 

Donghae sighed again, heavily this time. No, the day isn’t over just yet.

Kyuhyun’s eyes open against the first light of dawn. The effects of the sedatives from previous night lingers, successfully confusing his senses and muddling his thoughts. He did not even realised that he is on a hospital bed.

 

“Kyu, you’re awake! How are you feeling?” Donghae asks elatedly the moment he was rudely awakened by the subtle movements on the bed he was resting his head on.

 

“What happened to me?” Kyuhyun murmurs thickly. “Why am I here?”

 

“You-“ Donghae hesitates, unsure of what to say. But it did not take long for Kyuhyun to recall everything, sparing him the agony of explaining.

 

“SIWON!” Kyuhyun sat up straight in bed. The sudden movement made him dizzy but he refuses to give in. Donghae tensed as the younger moaned.

 

“Si-Siwon….is he…..where……I…I need to go-“ Kyuhyun mumbles incoherently as he fought the bedcovers tucked around him.

 

“Kyu, wait, wait, calm down!” Donghae seeks to pacify as he too fought with the hysterical young man to keep the covers around his frail body. “Kyu! Listen to me!”

 

“No….no! I have to….I….I……ohhhhh…..” Kyuhyun fell back onto his pillow .

 

“Kyu! What’s wrong? Kyu!” Donghae pressed the call button frantically as he hovers over his dongsaeng unable to do anything for him.

 

 

Doctors came and went. Donghae sat by the side of the bed studying the resting figure on the bed warily. Soon, the eyes opened uncertainly and the unsteady gaze found their way to him.

 

“How are feeling?” Donghae greeted with a worried smile.

 

“Hy-hyung…..” Kyuhyun whimpers.

 

“Yes, Kyu? What can I do for you?”

 

“Si-Siwon….I….need to…..see…..” Kyuhyun utters weakly.

 

@

 

“Hey there.”

 

“He-hey.” Siwon mutters in reflex and grimaced at the stab of pain in his side followed by eerie numbness.

 

“How are you feeling?” A soft hand accompanied the quiet voice, and smoothing his hair.

 

“What happened to me?” Siwon asks through gritted teeth. He is still feeling very woozy but it felt like the right question to ask.

 

Through the thick jelly-like wall, Siwon thought he heard a ragged gasp and a hurriedly suppressed sob. Then his head lolled away on its own accord and he fell back into the dark abyss of sleep.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I-I’m so-sorry.”

 

“Why are you apologizing, baby?”

 

“I~I can’t……I can’t say it back to…to you…..”

 

 

CLICK!

 

 

“Won, I know you can hear me.”

 

“I want you to know…..I love you.”

 

 

CLICK!

 

 

“Be strong for me, ‘kay, Wonnie?”

 

 

CLICK!

 

 

“I love you, Wonnie. Don’t leave me.”

 

 

CLICK!

 

 

Nggghhhh….”

 

“Welcome back, Siwon sshi.”

 

“W-wha~”

 

“How are feeling?”

 

“What time is it?”

 

“It’s 8pm. Today’s Thursday.”

 

“What happened to me? ARGH!”

 

“I won’t do that if I were you.”

 

“R-rright….”

 

“Let me get the do-“

 

“KYU! Kyuhyun! He’s not hurt is he? Where is he? Ky- I arrggghh…..”

 

A gentle touch on his shoulder stopped Siwon and his incessant blabbering. His eyes rose and met a pair of warm chocolaty ones. “Kyu ~” He murmurs under his breath.

 

“Hey.” Kyuhyun whispers softly as he Siwon’s wet forehead. “How are you feeling?”

 

“I’ll get the doctor.” The nurse left the room feeling utterly redundant at this point.

 

“Are you alright? You weren’t hurt or something, right?” Siwon asks softly back.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head with a grin. “I wasn’t hurt.”

 

“Good, goo- oww….” Siwon’s pale face twists in pain the moment he moved his torso.

 

“Stay still.” Kyuhyun coos worriedly.

 

“I’m fine.” Siwon tries a weak smile although neither is convinced.

 

A moment of silence later and sure enough the tears Siwon dreaded made their appearance. He winced from the harsh stab of pain he felt in his haste to comfort his young lover.

 

“I-I’m f-fine.” Kyuhyun sniffs petulantly, rubbing the annoying tears out of his eyes.

 

“I’m sorry babe.” Siwon has a crazy urge to apologise so he did.

 

“Not your fault.” Kyuhyun pouts.

 

“Hey, come here.” Siwon beckons, hissing with pain as Kyuhyun moves forward. Siwon grasps the boy’s hand, enjoying the comforting warmth and softness in his hand.

 

“I’ve heard-“ Siwon starts with a knowing grin.

 

“Heard what?” Kyuhyun asks curiously.

 

“Someone telling me how he feels towards me.” Siwon teased.

 

“Oh?” Kyuhyun managed to blurt out before his face explodes into a bright shade of red.

 

“Yes, I heard him told me over and over again while I was unconscious.” Siwon’s grin grew bigger as he plays with the sleek fingers in his grasp.

 

Kyuhyun clucks his tongue in a bid to hide his embarrassment. Unable to dislodge his hand from Siwon, he tried his best to turn away as far as he could. His cheeks are burning, his throat is dry and his mind is hardly coherent.

 

Siwon chuckles at the adorable sight before him. The more he giggled, the more the boy struggled to run.

 

“Baby? Look at me?”

 

“N-no….”

 

“Baby, please?”

 

Sighing, Kyuhyun turned reluctantly although he still maintained his gaze at his feet.

 

“Baby?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I love you too.” Siwon said easily.

 

Kyuhyun’s shoulders stiffened as he raised his head in a hurry and stare at the grinning man. Then quickly his stance softens and he murmurs. “I know.”

 

Siwon’s smile grew wider before he realised that Kyuhyun seems sadder than before. “What’s wrong, babe? Are you feeling ill?”

 

Kyuhyun shook his lowered head. Then his tears fell again. This time he is in no hurry to wipe them away. He knows that it will be wasted effort because he really needs to cry out all the worry and frustrations within him. Most importantly, he needs Siwon to understand how much regrets he had for nearly missing the chance to tell the older how much he loves him too.

 

Siwon grew anxious looking at how upset his boy is becoming. But his injuries will not allow him to embrace Kyuhyun in the safety of his arms. And that frustrates him no end.

 

“Please don’t cry, baby.” Siwon pled desperately.

 

“I-I’m so sorry….” Kyuhyun hiccupped. Siwon rubs soothing circles on the back of his hand comforting him as he struggles on. “I just….I need…..”

 

“Hey hey….sssssh…..don’t cry…..your beautiful eyes will be ruined.” Siwon consoles sadly as Kyuhyun starts to weep openly.

 

“I-I nearly lost y-you.” Kyuhyun chokes back a sob.

 

“But you didn’t, I’m here now, safe and sound.” Siwon replies encouragingly.

 

“But what if…if….” Kyuhyun starts to shiver with fear of the ‘what-if’.

 

“Baby? Listen to me, ‘kay?” Siwon shifts about for a more comfortable position, stifling his groans of pain. “Don’t cry over the what-if. I don’t like my baby to have any regrets.”

 

“B-but-“ Kyuhyun sobs.

 

“Look me pls, baby?”

 

Kyuhyun responded to Siwon’s call meekly. The sight of his eyes swollen with tears and the tip of running nose red and bulbous tweaked Siwon’s heart unpleasantly. He never did like to see Kyuhyun cry over unhappiness.

 

“There will never be what-ifs in your life, baby. Because I will be there every single time to make sure that will never happen.”

 

Finally a tiny smile pricked Kyuhyun’s lips and he managed a wider one, gradually smiling through the remnants of his tears.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“You’re welcomed-“

 

“And I love you.”

 

“And I love you too, babyboo.”