Part 1

Heartbabykyu's Wonkyu drabbles

“We separated amicably.”

 

“Suuure…” Hyukjae replied skeptically, his brows burrowing cynically.

 

“What?”

 

“What what?” Hyukjae retorts defensively.

 

“That tone of yours.” The infamous she-brows pinched together furiously.

 

Hyukjae clears his throat as he considers his answer. In the end he chose honesty. “I’d never seen a couple who parted amicably.”

 

Siwon huffs impatiently. “Well, I won’t fault you for your narrow view of the world.” He replies coolly.

 

“Yah! That’s mean!” Hyukjae protests loudly.

 

“You started it first!” Siwon pouts.

 

Stone cold silence descends upon the two quarrelling men before they burst into laughter simultaneously. “Geesh, I can’t believe we still fight like 5 year olds!” Siwon chuckled as he wipes tears from his eyes.

 

“Yeah, can’t believe our sandbox fights went on for 30 years!” Hyukjae giggled as he dries his eyes too.

 

Their chat continues happily for a while more before Siwon took a glance of his watch and shot out of his seat. “Where are you going?’ Hyukjae asks in surprise.

 

“Wednesday.” Siwon replied simply.

 

“Oh right.” Hyukjae mutters but Siwon has already left. Seeing the speed the man had strode out of the room, he shook his head in disbelief. “And he says they are separated.” He mumbles with a bark of laughter.

 

@

 

 

Siwon pushed the door open and rushed into the restaurant. The place is filled with the lunch crowd but it took him less than 3 seconds to spot the persons he is meeting, simply because he is as breath-takingly beautiful as the first day they met, and the other is a cookie cutter figure of himself.

 

Siwon hurried to the table by the window. “Sorry! Sorry!” He apologized profusely and sat down hastily.

 

A lovely smile replied him. “Hey dad.” The teenager sitting at the table responded.

 

“Hey son.” Siwon returned the greeting without taking his eyes off the gorgeous face infront of me. His son shook his head in amusement and return to his food.

 

“Hey ~” Siwon greeted. “I’m sorry that I’m late.”

“It’s okay.” Kyuhyun replied still smiling. “Eat.”

 

Siwon caught a glance of the salad before me. “Salad?!” He winced.

 

“Your diet.” Kyuhyun reminds him cordially.

 

“Hmm…” Siwon murmurs absently as he pulls out the ring from his pocket. “Yo-you left this the other day.”

 

Kyuhyun took a look at the wedding band Siwon is pushing towards him as discreetly as an elephant thumping through a plantation. A faint blush colored his cheeks and he tried to look away.

 

“Hahahaha….you two are soooo awkward!” Minho guffawed despite his parents glaring at him.

 

Siwon gave a fake cough to dispel his embarrassment. “Enough, quiet down, eat.” Kyuhyun instructs sternly.

 

Minho made a face at his appa. “Whoever heard of divorced couples still wearing their wedding bands?” He teased but a glare from his father managed to stop him this time.

 

The family of 3 ate in silence for a further few minutes. “So dinner tomorrow?” Siwon asks.

 

“I need to work till 7, I’ll be late.” Minho spoke up quickly.

 

“I’ve some errands to run too, why don’t you pick up our favourite food and we’ll eat at home this time.” Kyuhyun suggests.

 

“Ok-“

 

“I want fried chicken, dad.” Minho reminds his father.

 

“I’ll have the chilli sauce prawns.” Kyuhyun adds while Siwon nods dumbly.

 

@

 

 

“How’s lunch with the ex-wife and son?” Hyukjae asks when he walked by and saw Siwon staring out of the window into nothingness.

 

“Huh? Hmm?” Siwon startled awake.

 

“How’s Kyu and Minho?’ Hyukjae grinned at his friend’s absentness.

 

“They are fine.” Siwon grinned.

 

“What?” Hyukjae asks knowingly.

 

“What what?” Siwon furrowed his brows.

 

“Something is putting you in a good mood since last week and it’s not your weekly lunch.” Hyukjae wiggle his brows teasingly.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Spill it!”

 

“Hmmm…”

 

“Did you meet someone new?” Hyukjae gasped suddenly.

 

Siwon chuckled. “Maybe.”

 

“Don’t act coy with me, Choi!” Hyukjae scolds. “Who is she or he?”

 

Siwon laughed for a few more minutes before he obliged his friend. “It’s Kyu.”

 

“Kyu?”

 

“He came over to visit me while I was on leave with the flash wound.” Siwon explains with twinkling eyes.

 

“And?” Hyukjae asks curiously.

 

“Nothing. Nothing happened. We just talked.” Siwon denies.

 

“Don’t make me wrestle it out of you!”

 

“Nothing honestly! It just feels so right to be able to just talk without fighting.” Siwon sighed. “I missed him, I’ll admit that.”

 

Hyukjae sighed. “You two were so perfect together. I still don’t understand how the divorce happened.”

 

“Stuff…happens.” Siwon mutters, face getting clouded over suddenly as he recalls his marriage.

 

A uniformed officer walked in. “A package for you, Sir.”

 

“Thanks, sergeant.” Siwon replied as he took the large manila envelope and opens it. A stack of photos fell out.

 

“Wha-“ Hyukjae exclaimed in shock while the muscles in Siwon’s cheeks clenched as they looked through the stack of photos taken of Siwon, Kyuhyun and Minho during their lunch just this afternoon. “What kind of sick joke is this?”

 

Siwon’s eyes narrowed thoughtfully as his brain worked frantically to figure out this puzzle.

 

“Who is this sick joker?” Hyukjae wonders outloud as a detective runs into the room.

 

“Sir! Zhou Mi was granted parole!”

 

“When?” Siwon barked as the pieces fell into place rapidly.

 

“2 days ago!”

 

“!” Siwon exclaimed while color rushed off Hyukjae’s face. “Is the parole guys tracking him?”

Before he could get an answer, his mobile rang shrilly. Kyuhyun’s name flashed on the screen.

 

“What is it, Kyu?”

 

“Si-siwon? I think you need to come home….someone claiming to be your old friend is here.”

 

“Old friend? Who is he, Kyu?” Siwon asks in surprise.

 

“Pl-please, Won, I need you here.” Kyuhyun took a deep breath to steady his voice but his panic still came through loud and clear.

 

“I’m on my way, Kyu. Stay calm.” Siwon replied without hesitation, getting on his feet at the same time. Ending the call, he turned to Hyukjae, “I need you to track Zhou Mi’s current location. Call me once you have that.”

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Kyu needs me.” Siwon replied shortly and left the office hurriedly.