Siwon missed his flight

Heartbabykyu's Wonkyu drabbles

He checks himself in the mirror for the last time. Satisfied with what he sees, he smiles at his reflection, dimples deepening. Winking cheekily at himself, he turned away, gaze falling upon the sleeping bundle on the bed.

 

Stifling a soft intuitive sigh, he made his way to the other side of the king-sized bed, bending down slightly to a soft cheek lovingly. His heart clenched in a quick flash of tightness knowing he is leaving soon, leaving the boy he loves for god knows how long. There is nothing more he wants currently than to stay and hold Kyuhyun in his arms tightly.

 

Kyuhyun stirs but did not wake. Turning onto his back, he revealed his hands which were pressed under his body previously. Siwon reached for the one with the bandaged finger and press his lips against the bandage.

 

His internal alarm clock finally sounded, forcing Siwon to let go of his sleeping lover’s hand. Turning to stare at Kyuhyun’s face for the last time, imprinting the younger’s face in his memory, Siwon finally made his way out of the door.

 

As the door closed with a soft click, Kyuhyun opens his eyes and stares miserably at the closed door. His heart ached, his tear ducts ached and tears seeped through.

 

@

 

“I almost thought of sending a couple of policemen up to look for you.” The manager remarked dryly when the Super Junior's visual member finally turned up before him.

 

“No need to be sarcastic, hyung.” Siwon replied coldly as both men hurried out of the hotel into the black mini van parked at the curbside.

 

@

 

“Wonnie, where are you?”

 

Siwon chuckles instead of replying. He scratches the back of his head with his free hand in an act of embarrassment.

 

“Wonnie?”

 

“I’m in the departure lounge, baby. The next flight out is in an hour.”

 

Kyuhyun remained silent after hearing Siwon’s reply. So it’s true, Siwon missed his flight.

 

Siwon listens to the soft breathing at the other end of the line. Slowly, he grew anxious. Is his Babykyu going to reprimand him for being tardy?

 

“Baby?”

 

“… …”

 

Siwon’s blood starts to run cold. He doesn’t want to leave Kyuhyun on a sour note.

 

“Ba-“

 

“Was the ramen delicious?” Kyuhyun asks instead.

 

Siwon burst into unbridled laughter. Relief and amusement coursed through him and he could not stop laughing. Kyuhyun was shocked temporarily into silence but soon he is chuckling on the other end too.

 

"Are you getting ready to leave for the airport now, baby?" Siwon asks suddenly as a lightbulb went off in his head.

 

"Ahuh." Kyuhyun replied innocently. "We are waiting for Hae hyung to find his shoes."

 

"I see...." Siwon mutters thoughtfully. "Give me a second, baby. I need to tell manager-hyung something."

 

"O-" Before Kyuhyun could finish his sentence, he could hear urgent rustling then Siwon shouting for his manager at the top of his lungs. A muffled conversation ensures, persumbably Siwon had his palm pressed over the phone to prevent him from hearing the contents.

 

"Baby?" Siwon finally came back to the phone.

 

"I'm still here." Kyuhyun replied good-naturedly.

 

@

 

Kyuhyun did not bother to hide his annoyance from his hyungs. All 7 of them are cramped into the van on their way to the airport. They are leaving for home today, Siwon having left earlier back to his filming assignment. 

 

None of his hyungs commented on his repeated efforts to remind them how irritated he is. They all knew, from experience, that he gets this way when Siwon is away for a long period of time. Again from experience, they all know the best way to handle the upset maknae is to just leave him alone to stew.

 

Their van drew up along the curbside and came to a stop, signalling their arrival. Even with the doors still shut, they could hear the frenzied commotions outside; all the ELFs gathering to send them off.

 

"Ready?" Eunhyuk asks simply and pull open the door by his side without giving them a chance to reply. 

 

Kyuhyun could hardly work up a smile as their entourage make their way through the airport towards the departure gate. Internally scolding himself for forgetting his mask, he steel himself against the crowd pressing into him from all directions. 

 

The 7 young men practically fell into the waiting lounge area after finally dislodging themselves from the crowd. Making their way to the couches, each one of them sat down with a heavy sigh. Kyuhyun chose the seat furthest away and pulls out his phone expecting a message from Siwon reporting his safe arrival.

 

Nothing?

 

"Baby!" 

 

Kyuhyun's head snapped up at the speed of lightning. Simultaneously, a chorus of "Siwon?" sounded as their members exclaimed in surprise at the appearance of someone whom they all assumed had board the plane and left.

 

Kyuhyun stood up in surprise as Siwon made his way to him and gather his rigid body into his warm embrace. "Hey, baby." He murmurs into his lover's beautiful conch ear. He waited patiently for Kyuhyun's body to soften and hug him back. Kyuhyun did just that, and even snuggle deeper into his arms.

 

"What are you doing here?" Kyuhyun asks when his feeling of surprise passed.

 

Siwon grinned as he stares down into Kyuhyun's glittering caramel doe eyes. "I figured since I missed my flight earlier, why don't I just missed the next one too?"

 

"What?!"

 

"I missed you already, baby. I can't just leave like that without seeing you one more time." Siwon replied with a sad pout. Kyuhyun nodded as he lay his head on the familiar chest again, determined to enjoy this brief stolen moment of feeling Siwon around him again.

 

"And I couldn't leave without telling you this~"

 

"What is it?" Kyuhyun asks.

 

"I love you, my baby boo." Siwon mutters softly. Kyuhyun's cheeks is set aflamed in a wink and he hide his shyness by burying his face into Siwon's chest again, much to Siwon's amusement.

 

While Siwon chuckles with satisfaction, 6 men shuddered and turn away quickly.