Maybe....we are not meant to be

Heartbabykyu's Wonkyu drabbles

"I'm so sorry....I never meant to make you cry." Siwon said in a teary whisper as he tries in vain to wipe the rapidly falling teardrops from those big brown captivating doe eyes, ignoring his own falling just as freely.

 

Kyuhyun gasps tearfully as he train his eyes firmly on his boyfriend. "I can't." He mutters sadly. Siwon's body tensed as a sharp stab of pain went through his heart, jaw falling slightly apart with shock as Kyuhyun pulls away from him.

 

"I tried....I really tried." Kyuhyun chokes back a sob. "I told myself to trust you. Trust that you had put your history with her behind you.”

 

“But I have, my love!” Siwon hurriedly replied, desperate to make the younger man understand. But Kyuhyun only shook his head fervently.

 

“No…..you’ve not.” Kyuhyun retorts in a harsh whisper, pulling away even further out of Siwon’s grasp.

 

“B-baby ~” Siwon choked out a cry full of grief, lurching forward to grab the rapidly escaping boy’s arm before he lost him completely.

 

“I-I need to go-“ Kyuhyun mutters hurriedly and ran out of the room before Siwon could stop him.

 

@

 

 

Siwon smiles to himself as he studies the chocolate bouquet he has in his hands. Kyuhyun adores chocolate and cares not of flowers so chocolate bouquets are the life savers of Choi Siwon.

 

“Eh?” Siwon utters involuntarily when he walked into the sales department and finds the seat of the person he seeks empty.

 

“Did Cho come to work today?” Siwon asks a passing female staff.

 

“No, sir. He asked for an urgent week off.”
 

 

One week? Where could he be going in such a hurry?

 

@

 

 

Message #1 “Have you gone on a holiday? Call me when you are settled in. Stay safe.”

 

Message #13 “Where are you now? Are you safe? I am waiting for your call.”

 

 

Message #25 “Why won’t you answer my calls? Don’t you know how worried I am? Call me! Please!”

 

Message #72 “I miss you. Call me, please! Please, baby, please!”

 

Message #95 “Baby, please call me…..I need to hear your voice! I need –“

 

Message #103 “Have you eaten? Don’t forget to take your meals.”

 

Message #168 “I went to the park today and sat on OUR bench. A little girl came to join me. She offered me her ice cream.”

 

Message #215 “Baby please, *weeping*”

 

Message #232 “Will you be coming back soon?”

 

 

A lone tear rolls hesitantly down the smooth cheek. Kyuhyun blinked and another one follow till a string of transparent pearls fell steadily from both his eyes.

 

Siwon would never know, but he had read every one of the elder’s messages. Heart-wrenching, desperate pleading, and uncontrollable weeping, Kyuhyun’s heart is torn into shreds every single time, so much so, the younger is not sure if his heart will be able to survive another of Siwon’s message.

 

Taking a deep breath and two strong wipes of his wet cheeks, Kyuhyun is determined to recover from his grief quickly before he caved in and runs back into Siwon’s arms.

 

No, I cannot.

 

 

@

 

 

Siwon literally dashed from his car into the restaurant. The call from Kyuhyun finally came and his grey world bloomed into all colors, some even he swore he has never seen.

 

Grinding into a stop a few tables away, he took a minute to admire the beautiful vision before him; Kyuhyun is sitting at THEIR table by the window. The sadness in his eyes Siwon chose to ignore because having Kyuhyun back is all that matters now.

 

“Kyu-“

 

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes raised to meet Siwon’s, boring into the taller of the two till Siwon shudders involuntarily.

 

“Did you enjoyed yourself? Where did you go?” Siwon continues to bombard the silent man with questions just so he can avoid hearing anything negative Kyuhyun may say to him.

 

“Stop it.” Kyuhyun halts coldly and Siwon obeys. “This is not about you and me reuniting.”

 

Siwon’s jaw dropped in shock.

 

“I want to return you this.” Kyuhyun said holding out his hand, fingers pinching the engagement ring that sat around his ring finger eversince Siwon put it on him in that quiet church not so long ago.

 

“Wh-what?” Siwon stutters in a shocked daze.

 

“Take it.” Kyuhyun pushed the ring into Siwon’s hand and turned to leave.

 

“Don’t you walk away from me!” Siwon yelled angrily, successfully halting the hastily retreating figure. “WHY?!”

 

Kyuhyun took a few moments to pull himself together before turning around to face Siwon squarely. “Because I am sick of all this! I am s ick of facing your parents’ objections, I am sick of pretending that we are okay, I am sick of you and your family!”

 

Siwon could hear his heart crashed. The ache where his heart is almost made him hyperventilate. His shibrows shot to his hairline as his eyes grew comically huge with disbelief.

 

“Is that how you really feel? Is that what your heart really felt? Really?” Siwon’s tears rimmed his eyes.

 

“Yes!” Kyuhyun screamed.

 

“Well then, “ Siwon swallowed with difficulty. “We should break up because I feel the same way with you too.” He threw the ring harshly onto the floor and whipped around on his feels. Without another glance, he strode out angrily.

 

“….” Kyuhyun bit down on his lips hard trying to stop the tears from appearing and his cries of grief escape his lips. The discarded ring caught his attention and he bend down to retrieve it, clasping his fingers shakily around the platinum band of diamonds.

 

 

@

 

“Why are you crying? Why?!” Siwon demands loudly.

 

“Let go of me! You’re hurting me!” Kyuhyun screeched as he thrashed around to dislodge the grip the other has on his upper arm. “Let go!”

 

“Why?!” Siwon continues to question, tightening his grip even more. “Is this what you wanted? Didn’t you want me to marry a girl? Huh? Then why are you crying now? WHY?!”

 

Kyuhyun stops his pointless struggle and turned around with a glare so cold it could freeze water. “You want to know why?”

 

When Siwon’s bride to be dropped a selca of herself and Siwon in their wedding fineries, Kyuhyun could not help taking a look. He knew it will hurt, he just did not realised how much it will hurt.

 

Unable to contain his misery,  he has shoved the cursed selca into Siwon’s hand before making a run for it. Needlessly to say Siwon caught up with him, sadistically pleased that Kyuhyun is showing distress over his impending wedding to the girl who had abandoned him and broke his heart so long ago.

 

“You want to know why?” Kyuhyun couldn’t care less that his tears are rushing down now or that he is shouting at the top of his voice. Still glaring, the last threads of his composure unrevelled. “Because you once belonged to me! Because we had good memories today regardless of how things are now! How do you expect me to behave then? You belonged to me! You were mine!”

 

Siwon stares flabbergasted at the near hysterical boy, unable to say anything or respond. How should he read this new situation?