Reason

Heartbabykyu's Wonkyu drabbles

“Hyung, it hurts ~” Kyuhyun cried, the fabric above his heart. “Here, it hurts so bad here…”

Donghae’s eyes swam with unshed tears as he engulfs his maknae in a tight hug, quietly listening as the younger one sobs and weeps out his grief.

“If it hurts so bad, why don’t you let Siwon know?” Donghae suggests timidly.

“NO! N-no…..I c-can’t.” Kyuhyun broke into fresh tears, burrowing deeper into Donghae’s arms to seek more comfort.

“He loves you more than life itself, I’m sure that is not what he cares the most.”

Kyuhyun sits up sadly. “But I will feel guilty forever. He deserves everything in life…yet I couldn’t even give him the basics.”

“Kyu, listen to me! Siwon loves you, I am sure he is aware of the repercussions when he chose to be with you!” Donghae said in frustrations.

“I cannot be selfish, hyung. I want to give Siwon everything……everything…..”

“There is adoption if he really want kids?”

“His father is right. What do I have to offer to him? I don’t deserve Siwon’s love for me.”

@

 

 “Are you here to see how low I have fallen?” She sneers through the waterfall of tears and rain water awashing her cheeks.

“No, I-“

“I would if I were you. So stop being a hypocrite.” She snaps venomously.

Kyuhyun roll his eyes with mild irritation. The heavy rain falling on him did not help his mood the slightest.

“This is not the time for such childish-ness.” He scolds, trying once again to pull her to her feet but she simply refuses to budge.

“Ok, fine, think whatever you like of me. But can you please just indulge me and stand up? We need to get inside where it is dry, change out of these wet clothes before we both catch pneumonia!” He tries again in exasperation.

Reluctantly, she moves onto her feet and allowed Kyuhyun to pull her back into the building.

“Here’s some dry clothes, cold medication and water. Change, drink your medicine and lay down for a while. I’ll cook you some dinner.” Kyuhyun said after helping to dry her hair in silence for the past 10 minutes.

“Wa-wait~”

“Hmm?” Kyuhyun turned around from the doorway.

“Why are you doing this?” She asks curiously. “You know what I was doing but you-“

“I know exactly what you intend to do. But that does not change the fact that you are drenched, cold and heading for a serious cold.” Kyuhyun said poker-faced. “We will talk further after you get something warm in your stomach.”

 

“What do you think you are doing?” Donghae strode into the kitchen to hiss as loudly as he could without the unwanted visitor hearing him.

“Making porridge.” Kyuhyun replies simply. “You want some too, hyung?”

“NO! I mean what are you doing saving HER?! She’s here to beg you to give Siwon up to her! Don’t you know that?”

“Ahmm….” Kyuhyun mutters as he adds salt into the boiling gruel.

“Just throw her out!” Donghae persists angrily.

“It’s pouring outside, hyung. Please let her stay for the night?” Kyuhyun turned to look squarely at his agitated hyung. Donghae saw deep sadness in the younger’s eyes and stopped.

“@#$%^&” Donghae grumbled and head out of the kitchen to make a call, if Kyuhyun won’t throw that vixen out, then he will find someone who will.

Kyuhyun turned his attention back to the boiling pot on the stove. Pretty soon, he hears footsteps again approaching him.

“I was surprised when Hae told me who she really is.”

Kyuhyun flashed his Sungmin hyung with a sad reticent smile while continuing to stir the pot.

“You are always so benevolent.” Sungmin remarks lightly.

“I can’t just leave her outside in the storm.” Kyuhyun mutters.

“I guess not.” Sungmin agrees.

“Honestly, I admire her determination. She fought so hard to get what she wants.” Kyuhyun said absently.

“What about you, are you going to give Siwon up to her just like that?” Sungmin asks.

“I have to.” Kyuhyun whispers softly. “I love him so much. I want him to be happy for the rest of his life so I need to let him go.”

@

 

“Where is she?” Siwon demands furiously the moment Donghae opens the door.

“In Kyu’s room.” Donghae replied with secret glee as he watches the angry man storms into the house and made his way towards Kyuhyun’s bedroom.

Siwon flung open the door and steps into the room ready to do anything to drag her out of the house. Siwon worries, that her presence will only upset Kyuhyun further.

He stops short when he saw her sitting on the bed fully clothed. “Take me away from here. We need to talk.” She said simply ignoring his stupefied look.

@

 

Siwon kept a tight grip on the steering wheel because he knows how shaky he is now mentally and physically. Her words still play in a loop in his ears. Several times his attention wavered and he lost control of his car, letting it skid before pulling it back in a nick of time.

 

“I think it is time I leave.”

Siwon could hardly believe his ears.

“I am giving you up, Choi Siwon. Leave, go back to Kyuhyun-sshi.”

Siwon’s jaw dropped open and eyes widen at the sudden turn of events.

“Don’t look at me like that. I am not a noble person, but in the presence of a truly noble one, I can only choose to surrender.”

Siwon frowned in confusion, half wondering if she has a high fever and is sprouting nonsense.

“If only we met under different circumstances, I believe Kyuhyun-sshi would have been my good friend.”

“….” Siwon stares silently at the sad smiling woman who tried so hard to salvage his love for her.

“He has a good heart. Now I can finally understand why you chose him.”

Siwon couldn’t help feeling a small burst of pride blossoming in his chest.

“Kyuhyun-sshi never stopped loving you. He chose to leave precisely because he loves you deeply.”

 “WHAT?” Siwon bellowed in disbelief.

“Go,go to him. Make him happy again.”