Belief

Heartbabykyu's Wonkyu drabbles

Shamelessly borrowed 40% from Jim Carrey’s “Bruce Almighty”. 

It’s sweet, sweet, sweet. 

 


 

 

 

Siwon hit the steering wheel angrily as he is forced into a crawl again by the traffic. A curse left his lips when he realised, yet again, that he is hemmed in by cars in all directions. Noticing the equally dour expressions of the drivers in the other cars, his anger fizzled out a little upon the sad realization that none of them had a choice right now but only to wait. 

 

 

His befuddled mind cleared a little and his thoughts immediately flew to his source of frustrations, the reason he is now speeding like a crazed person, Kyuhyun. Well, no, to be fair, to be precise, he, Choi Siwon, caused everything that happened which eventually led to him being trapped in this ridiculous traffic jam! 

 

 

Siwon bit down on his lower lip in anger. It’s a month since he had that big, no, scratch that, first and only fallout with the man he claimed to be madly in love with for the last 5 years. Kyuhyun had cried all night after their fight and moved out of their apartment the next morning. And Siwon still hasn’t a clue why they fought. 

 

 

But of course, if Siwon would stop being his usual arrogant, pompous jerk self, he would have realised why. But at this point of time, he still has no idea except for the single-minded desire to have Kyuhyun take him back again. 

“Come on, come on, come on ~” Siwon mutters impatiently under his breath as the car before his crawled forward another inch. “COME ON!”He screeched as everything came to another standstill. 

 

 

Wait for me, Kyu. 

 

 

It wasn’t easy prying out the information from Hyukjae. No surprise there, Hyukjae is as protective over Kyuhyun as a mother bird with her youngs. In a moment of weakness, Hyukjae had succumbed to Siwon’s constant badgering and let slip that a heavily depressed Kyuhyun had went on a trip up the hills to get some time alone. 

 

 

And that is where Siwon is rushing to right now after getting hit by a great wave of guilt and loneliness. Their one month apart taught Siwon, if nothing else, how much he loves Kyuhyun and misses the younger in his life. 

 

 

Wait for me, baby. I’m coming for you now. 

 

 

Siwon grit his teeth unconsciously as the level of stress piles up on him. The night has fallen rapidly as the car climbed steadily up the winding road to the top of the hill. Visibility is low but Siwon is driven by the image of a smiling Kyuhyun beckoning him. 

 

 

When the car spluttered and died, Siwon cursed loud enough to be heard from miles around. Furious, he alighted from his car and checked under the boot. Billows of smoke hit him reminded him that he had forgotten to fill up the water tank in his haste. Mumbling angry curses, he slaps the boot closed and took a step away from the car and onto the road.  

 

 

It is not an exaggeration to say Choi Siwon did not know what hit him. 

 

 

Hearing a loud whooshSiwon did not even have the time to turn before his body felt an impact strong enough to know the senses out of him. He is unconscious even before his broken body land a few meters away.  

 

 

“Ugh~” Siwon moans softly when he came to his senses again. It felt like only a second has passed. “What was that?” he mutters while struggling back onto his feet. Apart from feeling like his breath is knocked out of his lungs nothing hurts.  

 

 

Dear god….please…… 

 

 

A shiver went down Siwon’s spine when he hears the soft whisper in the wind. 

 

 

Kyu?” Siwon cried out into the dark silence. Then his feet start to move on their own accord. 

 

 

The lone cabin perched on the top of the hillock came into view quickly much to Siwon’s surprise. He approached a lighted window and looked in. 

 

 

“Please…God…..please let me forget him…..” Kyuhyun’s sobbing rang in Siwon’s ears again.  

 

 

Separated by a pane of window glass, Siwon could see Kyuhyun huddled on the bed weeping. 

 

 

“I want to forget Siwon…..and move on…..God….please! I do not want to love him anymore!” Kyuhyun cried. 

 

 

A stray tear rolled down Siwon’s cheek and then followed by more as he watches over the love of his life crying his heart out. His heart tear a little more with every sob leaving Kyuhyun’s lips. So intended is Siwon at staring at Kyuhyun that he wasn’t aware of a beam of white light forming behind him till he felt a hard tug. Siwon screamed as he was through a tunnel filled with bright twirling graphics floundering crazily then the ground under his feet harden and the world righted. Siwon stops screaming and open his eyes to find himself on top of a peak with an elderly man all dressed in white standing too close into his personal space. 

 

 

Siwon unconsciously took a step back and lost his footing while the other shot out a hand to hold him steady. 

 

 

“T-thank you.” Siwon stammers shakily, a sense of vertigo slowing creeping up on him. “Wh-where am I? Am I dead?” 

“Afraid so, young man.” The elderly man replied jauntily. 

A sense of sadness overcame SiwonSo this is how it felt like to be dead. 

 

 

“Welcome to your afterlife.” 

 

 

“Thank you.” Siwon mumbles inaudibly under his breath. "So I'm dead for real huh....."

 

The old man nodded with a bemused smile on his lips. "No one can stand in the middle of the highway and expect to stay alive."

 

Siwon nod in silence, understanding some.

 

 

“So tell me, what is your last wish?” 

 

 

Siwon blinked at the smiling man. “Erm, no offence, but isn’t it a bit too late now to ask that?” 

 

 

“Nothing’s too late, my child. God is always by your side listening.” 

 

 

Siwon nod solemnly. The old man tried again. “What were you wishing for with your last breath?” 

 

 

“I er…..I wasn’t exactly aware that I was dying…I mean dead….when I…..” Siwon stammers in confusion. 

 

 

“I understand that.” The old man replied kindly. “Here.” 

 

 

Siwon’s eyes widened when he saw the prayer beads Kyuhyun gifted him in the other’s hand. “How-?” 

 

 

“This is yours.” 

 

 

Kyu~” Siwon breathes out before drops of tears fell from his eyes. “Kyu….” 

 

 

Kyuhyun.” 

 

 

“He’s my most precious treasure.” Siwon howled. “He’s….he’s……” 

 

 

“I’m listening, my child.” The old man prompts gently. 

 

 

“I want to say a prayer, Lord.” Siwon said, recognising the Omni-presence before him at last. The white-clad figure nodded with a benevolent smile. 

 

 

“For Kyuhyun, my star, my jewel.” Siwon said after taking in a shaky breath. “Dear Lord, I pray that Kyuhyun will meet someone he would fall in love with again…..someone who is kind, gentle and generous, someone who will love him back even more. That this person will take care of him, protect him and watch over him….like….like…..me……" 

 

 

“That’s it?” 

 

 

“That’s it.” 

 

 

“Then I shall assure you, my child, your prayer has been heard. Congratulations, you have learnt to pray at last.” 

 

 

Wha-?” Siwon was about to clarify the other’s words when he felt hands on his chest and hard shove. Siwon finds himself falling again, a short fall this time. He winced as the back of his head hit the tarmac with a sickening crack before the rest of his body followed. Siwon heard the dull thumps and felt the cracking clearly then all went black. 

 

 

“Ugh….fu-….” Siwon moans as he regained consciousness. He opens his eyes but the room wouldn’t stop spinning. His throat felt drier than a desert and his tongue felt twice its size. “@#$%^….” He moaned again when a slight move of his head sent millions of knives stabbing into his body. 

 

 

What happened to me? 

 

 

I died. Didn’t I? I’m dead. 

 

 

Why does it hurt so bad? 

 

 

Oooooh…..argh….” Siwon groans pathetically as loud as he can. 

 

 

The door to the room slammed open and a figure rushed in while Siwon winced at the loud noises hurting his just awaken senses. 

 

 

“Won! Wonnie! Oh my god! What happened to you? It must hurt so bad…..oh my god….Wonnie…..” Kyuhyun’s teardrops fell rapidly as he climbed onto the high hospital bed besides Siwon to get a better look at the injured man, hands hovering worriedly over the broken body swaddled in layers and layers of bloodied bandages. 

 

 

Ky-kyu….” Siwon mutters dazedly. His vision is still swimming and he couldn’t see Kyuhyun’s grieving look. 

 

 

Wonnie…..” Kyuhyun wept loudly now. “I’m so sorry……Won……” 

 

 

“Don’t cry, baby.” Siwon smirks as well as his broken lips can allow him. "Please..."

 

Kyuhyun wiped at his wet eyes hurriedly. "O-ok..." he replied shakily.

 

 

"You know what this means, baby?" Siwon asks tiredly.

 

"What, Wonnie?"

 

"You have to take me back now......I ain't going nowhere yet." Siwon managed a chuckle.

 

Kyuhyun burst into tearful giggles, torn between worry and relief. "Oh, Wonnie!" He cried out in mock exasperation.