Ch. 38

Priorities

On the set of their new music video, the director tells them that he's going to get some footage of them dancing in the snow, because the snow is really pretty. He puts them out there in clothing unfit for this type of weather, and they quickly do their filming for that.

 

After the director tells them he's got enough film, we all run into their heated dressing room. I
cuddle up to Lu Han and Tao, stealing their warmth. "
I cannot believe that he made you dance in the SNOW in THOSE outfits." I say, hugging onto Lu Han.
"
It's the price of show business." He says with a shiver.

 

After hours and hours on end of filming, they finally have all of the filming done, and we file into the car to head back to the hotel for some resting. When we arrive, we all start watching a music program on TV, and fall asleep to it.

 

***I am standing in mid-calf deep snow during a snow storm. I look around me and see nothing but snow for miles and miles. I start walking, desperate to find shelter from this harsh blizzard. I feel someone grab my hand. Warmth flows into me. I turn to see Lu Han smiling at me, love in his eyes. He pulls me into a hug and I start getting enveloped in his warm embrace. After standing there in his arms for a long time, I pull away to find the snow had stopped, and all of it had disappeared. It looks like it's Spring time now, flowers are everywhere, and it seems that we are standing in a field. I turn to look up at his face, but he disappears, like a ghost, as if he was never there. I start looking around, trying desperately to find him. "Lu Han-ge ge!!" I call, running around, searching frantically. I hear someone behind me, I turn around to see Dongho, looking me in the eyes. His eyes were filled with pain and sorrow, and slowly filling with tears. I start feeling my eyes well up with tears, and run over to embrace him but he disappears before I can reach him. I drop to the ground, and start sobbing. "I'm sorry..." is all I can say. "I'm sorry..." "I'm sorry..." "I'm sorry..." I feel someone wrap their arms around me again. I look up and see Lu Han again. He smiles sweetly and wipes away my tears.
"
Don't cry. I will always be here for you. I promise." He tells me. He pulls me in and kisses me for along time, making my heart beat faster than it ever has been. When I open my eyes, when we pull back to breathe, my heart stops. I didn't just kiss Lu Han, I just kissed Dongho. I stare at Dongho, wide-eyed in disbelief. His eyes transform from pure love and happiness, to pain and torture. As a tear falls from his eyes to the ground beneath us, he disappears, like a ghost. I drop to the ground again. This time, sitting there wide-eyed and crying at the same time.***

 

"Wake up~" Lu Han sings, poking my cheek. I flutter my eyes open to see him laying on the the floor in front of me, on his stomach, with his chin resting on his hand that he wasn't using to poke my cheek. I sit up and squint, looking around the room.
"
Where is everyone?" I ask, trying to get my eyes to adjust to the bright light filtering in from the windows.
"
They went out on their own." He giggled. "They said that I should wait here with you until you wake up, and we should go out on our own for the day." His eyes were sparkling with excitement. I get up and walk into the kitchen.
"
Do you want to eat?" I ask, grabbing ingredients to make breakfast.
"
Sure! Sounds great!" He says, jumping around like a little kid. I giggle and start fixing some eggs.

 

I get breakfast done, and sit our plates down on the table. He sits across from me and we happily start eating. When we finish, I pick up our plates and take them to the sink. "So what's the plan for today?" I say, walking back to put my arms around him and rest my head on top of his.

"I don't know." He giggled.

"Hmmm...." I move my head to rest on my arms, next to his face. "How about this, I have a surprise for YOU?"
He giggles cutely. "
I don't know if I should be excited, or scared." We both burst out laughing.
"
Let's get ready, my surprise will start soon." I wink, letting go of his neck and start making my way to the bedroom to get my clothes for the day.

 

Lu Han is nice and let's me take a shower first, so I can be getting ready while he takes a shower. I run out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, I shut the door until there is just a crack. "I'm done now. The bathroom is all yours!" I yell through the crack. I hear him giggle and I shut the door. I look through my clothes trying to decide what to wear, wanting to look good in front of Lu Han. I decide to go with a almost semi-fancy looking medium grey button up long sleeved cardigan, a white long sleeved thermal, a fluffy pale grey scarf, medium blue skinny jeans, and my tan UGGs.

 

I pull my hair into two low braided pigtails, and put on my makeup. I make sure to keep it natural, so I just put on my BB Cream, eyeliner on just the top eyelid, and mascara after I curl my eyelashes. I open the door and go to sit on one of the couches in the living room to wait on Lu Han. I decide to turn on the TV and watch a music program. Some of my favorite Chinese songs play, and I quietly sing them to myself. After a couple songs, Lu Han walks into the room wearing a white thermal and a grey hooded coat. "Ready to go?" He asks with a smile. I nod, turning the TV off and and standing up. We head out of the door and out of the hotel. Lu Han flags down a taxi for us, and I whisper our destination to the driver, telling him that it's a surprise for Lu Han. He chuckles and says something about 'young love' under his breath.

 

We arrive at the Shanghai Grand Theatre. "So THIS is your surprise?" Lu Han chuckles as we step out of the taxi. I pay the driver, he wishes us the best of luck together, making me blush really hard. Lu Han grabs my hand and we start walking towards the door. " What show are we going to see?"
"
I bought us tickets to go see a comedy called 'Your Last 24 Hours'. I thought it sounded pretty good." I give him a winning smile. We walk into a large white lobby with ficus trees all around. We get our tickets, and step into the auditorium. It was huge and beautiful. Everything was a golden hue, and the seat where covered in red suede. We take our seats, chatting and giggling together until the show starts.

 

The show was just as amazing as what I thought it would be. Even though it wasn't spoken in English, I understood everything, and happily laughed along with Lu Han throughout the whole thing. We stand outside to flag down another taxi. "What's in store next for your surprise?" He giggles as a taxi pulls up.
"
You'll see." I wink. I whisper our destination to the driver, and off we go.

 

We get to the campus of Songjiang University, and step out. "What are we doing here?" He asks me, curiosity playing on his face.
"
We're going ice skating in their Sports Center Arena." I smile, taking his hand.
"
Oh~ I love ice skating!" He exclaims, making me giggle.

 

We walk into the arena and put our ice skates on. We must have been very lucky, because we are the only ones here, except for a family of 4. We lace up our skates, and get out onto the ice. It takes us a few minutes to get used to skating on ice. "It seems like it's been forever since I've been ice skating." Lu Han says, holding onto my hand tightly.
"
I bet it's hard. I've had a small amount of free time training at NMH, but you don't have any at all at SM, especially since you've debuted." Now that I think about it, WILL I have any free time after I debut? Well I think I would, because U-KISS have had SOME free time.
"
Yeah. But it's worth it in the end. Seeing all of the fans happy and supporting us, and being able to live our dream as performers." He smiles warmly.
"
That's true." I giggle as he slightly slips on the ice and clings to me. Clinging to me was a bad idea, because he pulls us both down onto to ice. We burst out laughing. The two children from the family in here with us come over to us.
"
Are you both okay?" The little girl asks us cutely.
"
Yes, we're fine." Lu Han tells her, giggling at our fall.
"
Great!" Her slightly older brother said. They skate back to their parents, giggling and chasing each other cutely.

 

We finally stop laughing at each other long enough to stand up and start skating again. After about an hour of talking and giggling, me phone starts ringing. Lu Han stops and wraps his arms around my waist to make me stop as well, making me giggle while answering. "Hello?"
"Hey! How are my two love birds?"
I start blushing and giggling, both at Kris and at Lu Han's cute face he was making. "We are great!"
"Fantastic! Are you both back at the hotel room yet?"
"Nope~ I took him ice skating~ That's where we're at right now~" I start giggling even harder because Lu Han is making his signature 'clueless' face.
"It sounds like you're having fun." He chuckles. "Play nice together, you two. You aren't official yet." I blush.
"
Kris-ge ge~ I want to talk to Kai Lin-mei mei~" I hear Tao say in the background.
"
No, Tao. They are still on their date." I hear Kris tell him. "I better go before Tao breaks out his Wushu and take this phone away from me." We both laugh.
"Okay. Bye bye~" I hang up and put my phone in my pocket.
"
Kai Bao~ Who was that?" He was acting so adorable.
"
That was Kris-ge ge. He wanted to know if we were back at the hotel already, and if we were having a good time." I giggle.
"
Oh~" He starts making his funny cute faces again, causing me to squeal and giggle, making the family in the arena with us to stare.
"
Han Yi, you're making a scene~" I giggle, trying to resist the urge to watch him make faces.
"
So~" He says cutely, making even cuter faces. I squeal and break out of his arms, and skate away giggling.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wookie_96's note:

I'm not sure why there are weird lines in this update... I can't make them go away... It's acting really weird...

If you know how I can make them go away, PLEASE TELL ME!! TT-TT

****** 凯宝(Kai Bao) is used for a term of endearment. 凯(Kai) being the first character in her given name, and 宝(Bao) meaning 'treasure', 'treasured', or 'precious'. 晗桋(Han Yi) is used as a term of endearment. 晗(Han) being the character of his given name, and 桋(Yi) meaning 'precious' or 'rare'. I just thought this was a cute and non-cliche way of giving nicknames(but now that I think about it, the meanings are a bit cliche).