Ch. 43

Priorities

 

 

It's been about a month since our little incident, and everyone has finally gotten back to normal. Maria and I have been called into Mr. Kim CEO's office early this morning. We walk in and take a seat.
"You wanted to see us?" She asks, shifting her feet in anticipation.
"Yes. After months of searching, we have found the members for your upcoming group. These girls are great, and I have a feeling that you all are going to get along fabulously." We all giggle. "Since this industry is based here in Asia, we couldn't really have more members than the both of you that are of a not Asian in race."
"Oh. Well that's okay. We don't mind, do we?" I ask Maria, she shakes her head and we both smile at him.
"Great! Then let's have all of you meet now, so we can get on the your new training schedules."
"New training schedules?" Maria asks, confused.
"Yes, you all will start training together today. You will no longer have your old training schedules. You will now be all doing all of your training together, to have all of you be bonding and growing as a group. Now to formally introduce all of you to each other. Come on in girls." He calls to the door on the side of the room. The door opens and three girls walk in, standing next to our chairs. "These are your members, now everyone please stand up and face each other." He stands up and walks over to stand in between us. "Girls, this is your member, Caitlin." He gestures towards me. I slightly bow to them. "And this is your other member, Maria." He gestures towards her as she slightly bows. "Caitlin and Maria, these are your members: Quynh Anh from Vietnam, Malaya from the Phillipines, and Kyung-Eun from here in Korea." They each slightly bow to us as Mr. Kim CEO says their names. "None of you have to worry about communication, because all of you are fluent in English, and all of you are learning Japanese, and Korean. Each of you have your own set of languages that you will be fluent in when your training is over and you debut. Now, I bet you all are wondering what your roles are going to be in this group, and what you all will be called. After carefully consideration, we have decided that you all will be called VIRUS. VIRUS is an acronym for Vivid Inconceivably Rare and Unique Singers. You are obviously a very international group, so I will leave it up to all of you to come up with your group motto on your own." He smiles brightly at us. He obviously has a lot of faith in us. I smile back happily. "Now to get down to your individual roles in the group." He walks over to stand next to Quynh Anh. "Quynh Anh here is going to be your leader as well as the main rapper and vocalist. She is 75% Vietnamese and 25% Portuguese." He moves over a bit to stand next to Malaya. "Malaya is 100% Filipino, and she will be a main vocalist as well as a main dancer." He takes a step over to Kyung-Eun. "Kyung-Eun is 100% Korean and is going to be in charge of main vocals and dancing, as well as the face of the group." He steps over to stand next to Maria. "Maria is 100% Egyptian. She will be the lead vocalist, rapper, and main dancer." He takes two steps and stands by me. "And Caitlin here is going to be your maknae. She is 87.5% Caucasian and 12.5% Native American. She will be the lead rapper, as well as main vocals and lead dancer." He steps away from me and turns around, facing all of us. "I know you all will get along wonderfully, and be a great group. You all may now go and start your training in the Dance Studio." He walks and sits down in his chair. We all bow deeply to him and turn, walking down to the Dance Studio.

 

After practicing together all day on our new schedule, we finally get some time off to go eat and get to know each other better. "How does pizza sound?" Maria asks all of us. We all nod excitedly and Quynh Anh pulls out her phone to order to have some delivered. The pizza comes and we all start chatting about ourselves, trying to get to closer.

 

We have finally finished our schedules together for the day, and split up, heading off to our language lessons. I finish my Japanese and Thai lessons, and rush over to SM to start practicing my Mandarin and Korean with the EXO boys.
 

When I walk into the Vocal Lesson Room, I get attacked with a hug by Chanyeol and Kai. "Kai Lin!!! We haven't seen you in forever!!!" The exclaim in unison.
I giggle as Kris comes over to pry them off of me. "
Watch it. She belongs to Lu Han." He chuckles.
I giggle. "
Everyone, guess what?!?!" I exclaim, jumping around excitedly.
"
What?" They all ask at the same time, obviously amused.
"
I met the other members of my group today!!! And we learned our positions and group name!!!!" I jump around some more and run over and throw my arms around Lu Han.
"
Really?! That's so cool!!!" They all exclaim.
"
Tell us!!" Xiumin exclaims as they crowd around me.
"
We are going to be called VIRUS!!! It stands for Vivid Inconceivably Rare and Unique Singers!!! And we are a five member group!! Maria, and my other members are Quynh Anh from Vietnam, Kyung-Eun from Korea, and Malaya from the Phillipines!!!" I exclaim, being lifted up by Lu Han and spun around.
"
Really?! You really ARE an international group!!" D.O. exclaims.

After hanging out with the boys and telling them all about my new members, it was time to go back to the dorms. "Let me take you home." Lu Han says, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of my spot on their couch in their dorm, Kai stealing my seat in between Sehun and Lay.
 

"Bye bye~" I say to them as Lu Han pulls me out the door.
"
Bye~" I hear them call back.
"
So does this mean that you're going to debut soon?" Lu Han asks as we get into the Kia Soul.
"
I'm not sure. I guess it does. The other members said that they each were previously training in other companies, and never debuted, so when NHM offered them a contract, they took it so they could actually debut this time."
"
Really? That's so sad. Do you know what companies they each trained under?"
"
Well Kyung-Eun said that she was under LOEN, and Quynh Anh said that she was under YG. Malaya had told me that she was under Starship. It's a shame they never debuted. But I'm glad they didn't, because if they had they wouldn't be my members." I giggle.
"
That's true. And really? They were under pretty good companies. That's sad that they never debuted."
"
I hope we debut soon. I'm so excited that I think I could just die." I giggle. He turns to look at me with a cute fake sad face, making me squeal.
"
I wouldn't want my Kai Bao to die. It would make me very upset." Now he puts one hand in a fist next to his cheek to imitate crying, making me squeal even more from the cuteness.
"
You're too adorable!!" I poke his cheek, making him giggle.

 

He stops in front of the door at NHM to let me out. I kiss him and get out, blushing like crazy and walking into the door. The lady behind the counter gives me a curious and mischievous smirk as I pass her, still blushing. I get into our dorm room where all five of us now sleep, and through on some comfortable grey Hollister sweat pants and a white tank top.
 

As I sit down on my bed, the other girls walk out of the kitchen to find me playing on my phone and texting. "Who are you texting? It must be someone special because of how you're smiling." Malaya asks me with a wink.
"She's texting her boyfriend~" Maria sings.
"Oooooooo~ Who is it?" Kyung-Eun asks in curiosity.
"It's not anyone." I say casually, trying not to blush, but failing miserably.
"Can I tell them? They won't tell anyone. Plus neither of the CEO's care, they actually support you two." Maria says, her eyes sparkling.
"What?! They KNOW?!" I start freaking out.
"Of course, silly. How could they NOT know?" She giggles. "It's okay though. They think you both are so cute together."
"So you're dating an idol?!" Quynh Anh asks, surprised. I start blushing even harder.
"Of course she is~ She's dating Lu Han from EXO~" Maria says. I pick up a pillow and bury my face in it in embarrassment.
"OH MY GOSH!!!! LU HAN?!?! HOW LUCKY ARE YOU?!?!?!" Malaya exclaims in pure shock.
"I knowwww right?!" Maria says.
"I'm happy for you both! You need to let us meet him sometime. So we can see if he's good enough for our maknae."
Quynh Anh says with a wink. I start giggling along with my blushing. "Look how cute! Someone has got it bad~" She winks again, with a giggle. I throw my pillow at her.
"Evil Maknae strikes again!!" Maria teases. We all burst out laughing.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

I have been neglecting this fic, haven't I? Tsk, tsk. Shame on me. Anyway, if you are still reading this after so many chapters(this is getting REALLY long), THANK YOU SO MUCH AND I LOVE YOU!!!! <3 <3 <3