Ch. 31

Priorities

 

Our flight is finally boarding, after waiting for what seemed like hours. We get up out of the chairs in the airport and start walking to our gate. I feel someone forcefully grab my wrist and jerk me back from going through the gate to get onto our airplane. "What the heck?!" I yell as I turn around to see Dongho's angry face.
"You are NOT getting on that plane!!" He yells in my face.
"YES I am!!! You can't tell me what to do!!!!" I try to jerk away. His grip was starting to hurt my wrists.
"Yes I can!! And you are not getting on the plane!!!" He starts trying to drag me away from the gate.
"
Kai Lin-mei mei!!" Tao yells as he rushes to my side and puts his hands on my shoulders.
"Come ON!! We are leaving!!!" Dongho yells at me, still trying to drag me away. Tao grabs Dongho's hands and jerks them to make him let me go, then pushes him back as the rest of EXO-M rush to hold Dongho back. "Get away from me!!!" He yells at them. Kris nods to Tao. Tao puts his arm around me gently and leads me through the gate and into the plane.

 

We sit down beside each other and I start rubbing my wrists. They are really hurting. I frown to myself. "Did he hurt you?" Tao asked me, looking angry at the thought of someone hurting me.
"
I'll be fine. I promise." I say as I quit rubbing my wrists and put my hand on the side of his face. All of the rage fades from his face and he smiles at me. "That's my Panda." I giggle. The rest of the boys board the plane.
"
Is he gone?" Tao asks, starting to tense up.
"
Yes. The rest of U-KISS came and took him back with them." Lay tells us as he takes a seat on my other side. I take Tao's face in both of my hands and gently make him look at me. "Everything will be fine. We're on the plane now, and we're together." I smile brightly at him. His eyes started sparkling. "Plus, we're going to China together!" We both giggle.
"
Thank you Kai Lin-mei mei. You really know how to make me feel better." He smiles at me.

 

For about three and a half hours, Tao and I share my iPod. We lip-sync through every song, and giggle at each other for all of the funny faces we made and how people on the plane were looking at us funny. Finally my iPod dies and we just sit and chat with Lay.

 

I wake up laying on Tao. "Are you finally awake Sleeping Beauty?" He jokes.
I blush. "
I'm sorry. I don't remember falling asleep."
"
It's okay." He said with a smile.
"
We're landing now!" Lay exclaims, pointing out the window. I lean over to see land gradually getting closer. There are many tall buildings and hardly any space in between. We must be landing in a big city.

 

We all file off the plane and go to get our luggage. "So what are we going to do here?" I ask as I grab my suitcase.
"
We're going to have fun!" Xiumin chimes.
"
We're here to make an appearance on a variety show and to film a music video. But that's it. The rest of the time we are spending here, we can do whatever we want. It will take two or three days to film the music video, and just a few hours for the variety show. So we're going to have a lot of free time." Kris tells me.
"
So exciting!" I exclaim happily.

 

We go to our hotel to sit our stuff down after a exciting ride on the Shanghai Magnetic Levitation Train, and decide to go on a small adventure through Shanghai. Our hotel is even more beautiful than the Wilshire!! We get into our room, everything is white, except there are things a brilliant red around the room: two red chairs, red red couches, a red flower on the coffee table, red bed sets, red lamp shades, etc. It was beautiful. We all lay our suitcases down and head out. "Where are we going first?" Lu Han asks from beside me.
"
How about the Shanghai Museum?" Chen suggests.
"
Yay! A museum!" Tao, Xiumin, Lu Han, and I exclaim in unison. We all burst out in laughter.

 

We come upon a huge tan brick building with a huge tan brick ring around the top and a vertical arch in the middle of that. There are a bunch of flowerbeds with yellow and red tulips in them, and a army large tan statues of Chinese lions standing guard around the building. "Wow! It's so pretty!" I gasp in wonder. We walk into the front door and come to a counter with a middle-aged man standing behind it.
"
How many people Mister?" He asks in a scruffy voice.
"
Seven people." Kris answers as he hands the man some money.
"
Okay. Here you go." He hands Kris his change and bows to us. "Enjoy you time."
"
Thank you." I say, bowing back. His expression is full of shock, and slowly fades into happiness.
"
Your Chinese is very good." He says in amazement.
"
Thank you, but it's really not that good." I blush, trying to be politely honest.
"
No, but of course it's good." He smiles.

 

We walk in and see a huge gold plaque in both Chinese and English, talking about the museum. Turning to the left, we enter a room with pottery from the Neolithic Period. We split up and look at the different displays in the room. Lay and Tao stay with me as we take a look at a display showing super old black and brown vases. We cross the room and see a big vase with black, and red designs on it. There were large red circles in the sides, with three smaller black circles on the inside of each red one. Black patterns were on the outside of the red circles. A plague behind the vase says that the case is dated back to the years 2000-2200. I think it's kind of odd that the plaque giving an introduction to the museum had a English translation at the bottom of it, but these other plaques are only in Chinese.

 

We finish looking at the last vase and pass a plaque with a map of the museum on it as we head into the next room. In this room there is porcelain from the Shang and Zhou Dynasties during the 3rd to the 16th century. We gasp as we see a porcelain statue of a lion letting our a roar towards the sky in a display in the center of the room. "So cool!" Lay says in amazement. We walk on to look at all of the other porcelain vases and statues on display. We come across a vase from the 11th to the 16th century. It was grey with some splotches of brown from age, but it was in surprisingly great shape.
"
Look at this duck!" Tao exclaims, gesturing towards a tiny cream colored porcelain duck in a large display case with vases and a statue of a dragon.
"
Really pretty!" I say, eying the statue.
"
Look! It's a camel!" Lay says laughing. We turn to see a large brown porcelain camel on display in the center of the room. It has a saddle on it, and a blanket underneath the saddle. It appears to be from Tibet.

 

We continue walking further into the room and see three display cases full of what appears to be large vases with statues of people made into the top. Some have a large bearded man with children in his arms and sitting on and around him in the top on the vase, others have dragons, lions, and emperors on the top. We get to a display with six figurines of stick people made of a pinkish white porcelain. They kind of reminded me of aliens. I tell Tao and Lay that,and they just laugh at me. "I see it too!" Tao says through laughing.
"
Only Kai Lin-mei mei would think that!" Lay giggles.

 

We go into the next room, full of polychrome-glazed pottery from the Tang Dynasty. We pass by glass case after glass case with large statues of things ranging from people on camels, camels themselves, victorious generals, dragons, and empresses.

 

After we finished looking at everything in that room, we head into another room. This room has ceramics from the Song, Liao, Jin, and Yuan Dynasties during the years 960-1368. This room was full of pretty vases that had seen better days. We go into the next room and find that it is filled with a special porcelain from the province Jingdezhen from the years 960-1911 during the Song, Yuan, Ming, and Qing Dynasties. This room was gorgeous. Many plates and large vases of different shades of red, blue, and white were on display everywhere. We gasp and stop at a huge white vase with a large blue dragon on it and blue flames. "This is so beautiful!" We all muse in unison. We look at each other and giggle.
 

I stop in front of a large vase with orange koi fish on it with greenery, red leaves, and blue designs. "Tao-ge ge~ Lay-ge ge~" I chime. They walk over to me and gasp.
"
So pretty!" Lay says.

 

We finally get into the last room. Ceramics from the Qing and Ming Dynasties that came from provinces other than Jingdezhen fill this room. We look at all the vases and statues, and stop in front of a large plaque-style display case hanging on the wall. It was filled with old Chinese coins from different time periods. "Are you ready to go?" Chen asks us, leaning around the door frame.
"
Sure." We all say, walking towards him.

"What should we do now?" Kris asks everyone.
"
Can we go to Nanjing Yu? Pleeeeaasseeee?" Tao begs.
"
Nanjing Yu? That sounds fun! Please?" I start begging beside Tao.
"
Fine. But when Tao starts begging to go into a Gucci store, YOU are going with him." Kris chuckles.
"
Yay! While we're there, can we get something to eat?" Lu Han asks. We hear his stomach growl and burst out laughing.
"
I'm hungry too~" Xiumin says cutely as his stomach growls as well.
"
It sounds like Xiumin and Lu Han's stomachs are having a fight." Chen giggles.

 

After hours of walking from store to store, getting tugged along by Tao and hearing the others giggle behind us, we finally stop to eat at the Shanghai Food Stall in the food court at the Westgate Mall. We all order different kinds of noodles, and sit down to eat. "Everyone I talk to gives me a surprised look. Why is that?" I ask Lu Han, putting my chopsticks down.
"
Because they aren't used to seeing foreigners speaking Chinese well." He tells me, then gets a mouth-full of noodles. I giggle, and get back to eating.

 

After getting out of the Westgate mall, Tao grabs my hand and runs towards a group of three buildings called the Shanghai Center. "Help me pick out a new Gucci bag Kai Lin-mei mei!" He squeals, pulling me into a Gucci shop.
I giggle at how cute he's being. "
Okay, okay. I will. But just one Panda-ge ge. You already have so many." I say, poking his cheek as he looks through a rack of bags. He smiles at me and picks up two- one brown and one black.
"
Which one do you like mei mei?"
"
Hmmm... I like them both, but I think this one is better." I gesture to the brown one.
"
I like that one too!"* He squeals. He sits the black one down and pulls me over to another rack. "What about this one? Is this one good?" He picks up a grey one with a black strap.
"
That one is pretty!" I beam. "Let me hold them for you while you look around at all of the others and decide which one you are going to get."* He hands me the brown one, looks at the grey one, and hands it to me as well. He looks through that rack and goes to another. He picks up a brown cheetah print backpack.
"
That one is really pretty!" I tell him. He hands that one to me.

After running around the whole store and looking through every rack of bags, I am carrying about 8 of them. "Now ge ge, I can't buy all of these for you." I say, giggling. "I thought that we were only getting one." He turns to me and throws me a puppy dog face. "That won't work." I giggle. He smiles mischievously, then starts trying to act cute. I start giggling even harder, and shake my head. He puts his closed hand up to the side of his face and moves it to imitate crying.

"Stop it. You're too adorable!!" I squeal. He starts making a pouty face and continues to imitate crying with his hand. "Fine. I'll buy you three. But ONLY three. They are really expensive you know." I giggle as he hugs me in triumph. "You're lucky that you're cute." I tell him with a giggle as I pay the woman at the counter for the three bags.

 

We walk out of the shop to find the others waiting on us. "It looks like you fell into Tao's cuteness trap." Kris chuckles.
"
At least it wasn't me this time." Xiumin says with a giggle. I stick my tongue out at the both of them and we start walking again.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

The beginning was very dramatic. Lol. The museum thing was a must-have because it's a stereotypical touristy thing to do, plus I am a History nerd. XD And I just HAD to through in Tao's love for Gucci~

He and Lu Han are just too adorable~ <3