Ch. 26

Priorities

 

 We walk through other shops, buying things here and there, both for us and the others. We bought Kiseop some skin care products at Giorgio Armani, Hoon a pair of grey Ralph Lauren Polo shoes, Soohyun a bottle of BVLGARI BLV NOTTE For Men, AJ a sleek white wallet with grey aviator sunglasses by Salvatore Ferragamo, Eli a black belt and pale purple dress shirt with a medium purple tie from Stefano Ricci, and Kevin a pair of jeans and belt from Dolce and Gabbana. I got Maria a white t-shirt that said "Hot Hot Hot" in black sequins from Lanvin.

 

"Let's eat, I'm hungry." Dongho suggests, making me giggle.
"How about we eat at Cafe 440? It's kind of hidden, but it's really great."
"Sure!" He says as I grab his hand and pull him into the Fredric Fekkai Salon, walking through it and into a elevator.

 

When we reach the Cafe 440, we take a seat outside, overlooking Rodeo Drive. It was a beautiful view. Many people passed by just below us, going to the various shops located here. I order a turkey sub and a small salad, Dongho orders a cheeseburger and fries. He's really been into eating hamburgers lately.

 

We enjoy small talk as we eat. We finish and decide to walk to the south end of Rodeo drive to take some pictures together in front of the pretty fountain. I take a few pictures of us making funny faces, then I see a adorable little boy run up to us. I bend down to talk to him, then I am really shocked when I recognize the cutie. "Omo!! Garrett!!! What are you doing here?!?!" I exclaim, picking him up in my arms and spinning around as he squeals in delight.
"Caitlin? Is that you?" His mom asks, coming up to us. "I was wondering why Garrett ran over here." She said with a laugh.
"Dongho-oppa, this cutie pie here in a friend of mine. His grandmother goes to my church. His name is Garrett, and this is his mom, Stephanie."
"Hi." He said shyly, as Stephanie's husband walks up to us.
"Hi Caitlin! It seems Garrett found you didn't he?" He chuckled.
"And this is Stephanie's husband, and Garrett's dad, Mike."
"How do you do?" Mike says.
"Garrett, Stephanie, and Mike, this is Dongho." I tell them.
"Is this your boyfriend?" Mike said jokingly.
We both blush really hard. "No. He's just a really good friend."
"Sureee." Stephanie says with a wink. We blush even harder.
"So what are you doing here? Are you on vacation?" I ask Garrett as he cutely plays with my hair.
"We are here on vacation." Stephanie tells me.
"I see Garrett still isn't much of a talker, huh?" I say, giving him a kiss on the check, making him squeal in delight once again.
"No." Mike said with a chuckle. "He's still quiet as ever. He can talk, he's just a quiet child."
"That means he's special." I say with a giggle, pushing my nose onto his cheek, making him giggle. "Can you talk for me Garrett? Pretty please?" I give him a pouty face, making him giggle even harder. "
Annyeong~" I say to him in a sing-song voice, making him giggle. "Mwo? Annyeong~ Annyeong~"
"Now now, you know what we told you about talking Korean to him." Stephanie said with a laugh. She was obviously enjoying seeing Garrett having fun with me.
"Awwww. But Stephanie, I like to. He needs to know at least a little bit of Korean. Don't you?" I say, hugging him tightly.
"But you know that neither of us can speak Korean." Mike said with a chuckle.
"I know that I don't know a lot of Korean, but I could do it. We can Skype using my laptop, and I can teach him like that. I live here in L.A. now, so I couldn't really come and visit all that often, so Skype would be the best opportunity." I say with a smile, still snuggling with Garrett.
"That would be great! Plus, Garrett really seems to like you a lot." Stephanie says.
"You live here in L.A.?" Mike asks.
"Yep. I moved here so I could go to UCLA."
"Wow!! That's amazing!" He beamed at me.
"Thank you. I have really enjoyed my time here. Life is so different here than back in Kentucky."
"I can tell, and we're only here on vacation!" Mike chuckles. "So where are you living? On campus?"
"Nope. I am living in Chinatown. I picked there because it's near Koreatown and Japantown, it was low-cost, and it gives me a chance to practice my Chinese everyday."
"Sounds like you are living a good life here. Especially with your friend here to enjoy life with you." Stephanie winks at Dongho, causing him to blush and hide behind me.
He get's startled by Garrett telling him, "
Annyeong~"
"Omo!! You said
annyeong!!! I am so proud of you!!!" I squeal, spinning him around and kissing his cheeks. He giggles.
"
Annyeong~" Dongho says back, shyly.
"
Annyeong~ Annyeong~" Garrett squeals. Dongho and I start giggling and Dongho messes up Garrett's hair.
"My my, you three look as if you are a family." Stephanie whispers in my ear, making my start blushing. Garrett notices and starts hugging me again, as Dongho gives me a puzzled look.
"I guess we better get going. We have to go sight-seeing around here. And I can't help but feel like we interrupted something." Mikes tells me with a wink.
"Oh no no no! You can stay and chat if you want!" I tell him, through Garrett playing with my hair.
"No, we would love to stay but we must go. I wish you the best, and here's our number. Call anytime, and we'll set up a time for you and Garrett to Skype." Stephanie says.
"Well I guess I have to let you go then." I give Garrett a sad pouty face, making him giggle and kiss my cheek.
"
OMO!!!!! You are just the CUTEST!!!!!" I squeal, pulling out my phone to take a few pictures with him before I had to give him up. I take a picture of us smiling, then one with my kissing his cheek, and one with him kissing my cheek. I pull Dongho closer and make him take a few pictures with us, in one Garrett gives him a kiss on the cheek, making him really shocked.

 

I finally take the last picture, having to give up Garrett. "Give me one last kiss before you have to leave." I tell him while bending down to him. He instantly runs up and gives me a baby kiss on the lips and a hug. "OMO!! You are too cute!! Why do I have to give you back to your parents? I want you for my own!!" We both giggle.
"Bye bye!!" We all tell each other as we part ways. Garrett looks as if he's about to cry, as Stephanie kisses him with him in her arms, in attempt to make him not want to cry. He waves and yells "
Annyeong~ Bye bye~" at me.

"Was he adopted?" Dongho asks me.
"Yeah. Mike and Stephanie adopted him from Korea. He was in a orphanage until they adopted him."
"Oh. He's a lucky child. He has such loving parents." He smiles at me. "And he also has you." He grabbed me into a hug. I start giggling when I feel his breathe on my neck.
"What time is it? It seems like it's getting late." I ask him.
He checks the Gucci watch I bought him. "It's 6pm. Do you want to head back now?"
"Oh my! We should. I'll cook for us when we get back. I'm thinking about Ramen."
"Mmm~ Sounds great." He said, his lips in anticipation. I giggle at him as we walk to Beverly Drive to wait at the bus stop. We decided to take a bus back, because the taxi was kind of expensive.

 

We board the bus with tons of other people, so we are forced to stand. We jerk to a stop when we get to Western Avenue, causing me to fall into Dongho. We stand there, just staring into each others' eyes. My heart starts racing. We do that for what seems like an eternity, and then the bus suddenly starts moving again, making us break out of our trance and go back to standing there awkwardly. The bus comes to a stop again at Normandie Avenue, but this time we were prepared. We get off the bus and start walking down Normandie Avenue, on our way back to the Wilshire.

 

We get back into the hotel, and hit the elevator. "I am so excited to see what the others think about our gifts!!" I start bouncing around. He grabs my hand in attempt to calm me down, but ends up bouncing around as well.

 

We get off the elevator and run down the hallway, and into mine and Maria's room. The others were sitting there watching the movie 'Jack and Jill', laughing like there's no tomorrow. "We're baaaaack~" I sing.
"Where did you guys end up going? What did you do all day?" Kevin asks us.
"We went walking a bit, then decided to go and hang out on Rodeo Drive. We just shopped around and hang out. We got each of you something." Dongho and I start handing everyone their gifts.
"Wow! Thank you guys so much!!" "You didn't have to get us anything, it was you guys' day to hang out together!" "Omo this is amazing!!" They all chimed over top of one another.
"It was nothing. We wanted to get them for you." Dongho tells them with a smile. They all beam at us while looking at their gifts.
"It looks like we weren't the only ones that you both got gifts for." Maria said, grabbing both of our arms, eying the watch and ring we got each other. We start blushing and trying to hide our faces.
"Oh come on, leave the maknaes alone. They are enjoying each others' company." AJ chuckles. We start blushing even harder.

 

As we are talking and laughing together about today's events in the eyes of both 'parties', their manager walks into our room. "I hope that I'm not intruding, or interrupting anything." He said apologetically.
"Oh no! Come in!" I muse, with a smile. He comes and sits in a chair in front of all of us.
"So I have been thinking about some things," He started, "And I love to see all of you guys happy. I have never seen the boys as happy as they are with you. And I wanted to keep their happiness and performances like they have been for the past few days since they met you two." He gestured towards Maria and I. "And so I've been thinking.." He started shifting his feet and acting all nervous.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

This one was quite a long chapter, eh? And a cliffhanger ending~ ;D

Behold the Almighty Shibrows~

The bit with Garrett was kid of boring... ._____.