Ch. 24

Priorities

 

We go through the Haunted Mansion, jumping at everything that happened unexpectedly. We mostly kept our cool and calm composure, but every once in a while we could scream and hug each other tightly at something that popped out at us.

 

After having fun spending some precious time together on Space Mountain, we start wandering around, with no particular destination. "How much time is left until we have to meet back up with the others?" I ask.
"Umm.. Let me see... We have just a little bit more time. I think we have enough time for one more ride, and just a few minutes to spare."
"Can we go on the Davey Crockett's Explorer Canoes then? Pleeeaaseeeee?Pleeeeaaasseeeeeeeeeeeeeee?" I try to look cute with a pouty face, doing puppy dog eyes too.
"Oh okay." He says, poking my cheek. "You're lucky that oppa thinks your cute." He giggles cutely. Did he really mean that? I feel like the happiest girl in the world right now!!! I smile warmly back at him, and do a small giggle. I try to keep myself looking calm, cool, and collected, but on the inside I am going crazy with happiness. Dongho thinks I'm cute! Like seriously? He does? Oh my gosh am I going to spazz to Maria about this later!

 

We stand in line waiting on our turn to go on the Davey Crockett's Explorer Canoes, holding hands and giggling about how fun today has been. "I'm really glad that you decided to go around with me today Dongho-oppa! Today wouldn't have been as fun if you hadn't have been here!" I give him a tight hug.
"I wanted to hang out with you today! I felt that we haven't been all that close, so I thought that hanging out with you would allow us to get closer." He was blushing and looking at his shifting feet. It was really cute to see.
"We have gotten so much closer." I say with a smile. "Don't tell the anyone, but you're my favorite oppa." I give him a wink, making us both giggle.
"I won't, as long as you don't tell anyone that you're my favorite dongsaeng." He gives me a wink, making us giggle again.

 

It's finally our turn as we are each handed an oar and we step onto the canoe and take a seat next to each other. "Oppa, are you ready?" I ask him, studying his face. His face face looks just like in my dreams. Now that we're together and have gotten closer, his face seems really happy all of the time, and seems brighter. Just like when I saw him in the dreams I've had about him. Thinking about that makes me wonder if he's been having those dreams too.

He squeezes my hand gently. "Of course! I've never been in a canoe before. I'm glad I get to share my first experience in a canoe with someone I care about!" His eyes were gleaming.
"Awwwww! You care about me? I am so lucky to have you! I am very happy to be blessed enough to have the chance to share this experience with you!" I gently squeeze his hand back.

 

His eyes are sparkling with excitement as we start paddling our way around the park. We pass by the Mark Twain Riverboat, hearing people giggling and saying 'hi' to us. We come upon Splash Mountain. One of our guides asks us to paddle up next to the tracks of the ride to splash water onto the incoming riders. We do so, making the riders scream in both shock and joy from our sudden 'attack'.

 

We make it halfway around the park, going a little slower now that we are passing trees and more swampy looking water. A hawk starts flying around overhead, and suddenly swoops down, causing a woman about 5 rows in front of us to start freaking out, causing the canoe to wobble and tip over, making us all fall into the swampy water. I go under the water, keeping my eyes shut tight to keep the murky water out. I feel myself getting deeper and deeper under the water. I hear unintelligible yelling from above the water. I start praying that I can come back to the surface again.

 

{POV Change}
Dongho comes to the surface and wipes water and moss from his face. He's breathing heavily from the sudden capsizing of the canoe. He starts looking around, calling my name, trying to find me and make sure I am alright. "Caitlin!!! Caitlin!!!! Where are you?!?! Caitlin!!!!" He starts tossing around in the water trying to search for me. "Caitlin!!!!!!" He repeats, with no answer. He begins to panic. Everyone has surfaced but me. He hears coughing and heavy breathing coming from behind him. He turns to find me trying to get my breathing back to normal.
{Back to Normal POV}

 

"Oh my godless!!!!! I was so worried!!!!" He exclaims as he grabs me into a tight hug.
I start coughing even more. "Dongho-oppa, I can't breathe."
"Oh!! I'm sorry!!!" He let's go, and starts carefully examining me. "Are you okay?" He asks, gently brushing my hair out of my face.
"I think so. I wasn't expecting that to happen." I say, still breathless. Even more breathless now, seeing him like this, his loving gaze as he checks to make sure that I am fine after our accident. He looks into my eyes, and tells me, "I was very worried. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found you." His eyes were very sad.
"I'm okay oppa. I promise. I am here and everything is alright." I tell him soothingly. His eyes start looking happy and loving again as he gently kisses my forehead and pulls me into another hug. I feel my heart stop. He.. kissed me? It wasn't on the lips or anything, but he still KISSED me.

"Is everyone alright?! I called for a raft to come and get us! They will be here shortly!" One of our guides called to all of us. I grab Dongho into another hug and we stay like that until the raft comes to pick us up.

 

We sit down on the raft with the rest of the people that were in the canoe as well. I was clinging to Dongho while his arms were around me and his head resting on top of mine, I was freezing cold after almost drowning and really enjoyed his warmth and the feeling of safety I got from being in his arms. "I'm really sorry everyone. I just have a phobia of birds. I'm so sorry." The lady that caused our canoe to tip over said apologetically. We all nodded and patted her shoulder sympathetically.
"It's okay." I tell her with a sympathetic smile. "No one got hurt and everything is fine. So it's okay." I am actually a little glad it happened.

 

We get to the dock and we all stand up and make our way off the raft, still holding each other tightly. We make our way to Main Street U.S.A. To our meeting spot to find the others waiting on us. "Oh my god!!! Where have you two been?!?! We have been waiting for about 30 minutes!!! Why are you two all wet? Did you go on a water ride again?" Maria asked.
"Well... We went on the Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes... And a woman got scared of a hawk... And we tipped over..." I couldn't hardly say what had happened.
"Oh my god!!!!! Are you okay?!?!?! Are you hurt?!?!" They all said in unison, obviously very worried about us.
"Yeah, we're fine." Dongho said for the both of us. "I was a little worried about her, but we're both fine." He started blushing. He obviously remembered what he had done after he figured out that I was alright. I started blushing as well.
"Oh thank goodness!!!!!" They all say, hugging the both of us. It felt nice. I felt truly loved by them.
"Let's go to the Emporium and the World of Disney gift shops now! I want to buy some souvenirs!" Kevin said excitedly.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Dun dun dunnnnnnn!!!!!! Some drama~ I had to pull a drama-type move and make the canoe thing happen. ;D

Here's some adorable Happy Virus~